So i have a student who bought a harrible Encore les paul. Dreadful guitar, which was made better by his mum dropping it down the stairs.

Headstock came off and was in shreds. Disregading my advice they took it to a tech who charged more than the guitars value for a repair. Literally didnt stay in tune for 2 minutes. Felt like smashing it over his head.

The headstock came off again and he charged them an additional fee to reglue it.

Came off again, and they are trying to fix it at home now with wood glue and a vice.

Whats the worst damage or repair youve witnessed?
The music store that I frequent had somebody bring in a guitar where the neck had a scarf joint and it had a locknut that was begining to split the headstock and the scarf joint had broken.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
So i have a student who bought a harrible Encore les paul. Dreadful guitar, which was made better by his mum dropping it down the stairs.

Headstock came off and was in shreds. Disregading my advice they took it to a tech who charged more than the guitars value for a repair. Literally didnt stay in tune for 2 minutes. Felt like smashing it over his head.

The headstock came off again and he charged them an additional fee to reglue it.

Came off again, and they are trying to fix it at home now with wood glue and a vice.

Whats the worst damage or repair youve witnessed?

Where were you for advice on this to your student/parents? Did you advise them to get a diff guitar and just scrap the broken one?
If you did then you tried to warn them. If not your at fault and will have to deal with it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate