So I've just received an AKG WMS 40 mini pro wireless system and it's making my amp & guitar sound awful!!

I'm playing through a 120 watt all valve Laney Ironheart and when I hooked up this wireless system it just completely sucked all of the gain from my tone on the rhythm & lead channels and no amount of tweaking on my amp settings is making a difference.

It does have a potentiometer in the wireless pack you can adjust to prevent 'frequency clipping' but reading up on this, clipping is what you need to create distortion?? Confused!!

Any help or advice would very much appreciated thanks!!

Cheers!!
Quote by stribsy1986
So I've just received an AKG WMS 40 mini pro wireless system and it's making my amp & guitar sound awful!!

I'm playing through a 120 watt all valve Laney Ironheart and when I hooked up this wireless system it just completely sucked all of the gain from my tone on the rhythm & lead channels and no amount of tweaking on my amp settings is making a difference.

It does have a potentiometer in the wireless pack you can adjust to prevent 'frequency clipping' but reading up on this, clipping is what you need to create distortion?? Confused!!

Any help or advice would very much appreciated thanks!!

Cheers!!

Actually, clipping IS distortion, but you don't want it in your wireless system, it is to be made later in the signal chain.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.