Page 5 of 10
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Thanks for the pics of the EVH stripes!

What's the deal with the Neon Green Gunslinger, did they change it up for this year (different specs)? Just surprised to see it there since the green one has been out since 2010. I'm actually buying one of these in neon green in the next month or two, reason I'm asking. Thanks for any input.

NAMM isn't just for showing new products. Large manufacturers usually bring as much as they can to entice new dealers.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
My jaw actually dropped when I saw the pictures of the PRS booth. Do want.
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Is Peavey there?

yeah they introduced the new vypyr.

edit:
lemme re word that. There's no red on the sides of the frankenstrat. looks bad IMO
Last edited by ihartfood at Jan 27, 2013,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^ agreed

I kinda wanted one too

It still looked very nice aside from that. They have the Dtuna on the FR.

I didn't catch the price.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
looks a hell of a-lot better than the striped Wolfgangs.

that I must agree with. I'm not saying it should be a replica - I just mean it should have red on the sides instead of a white body. Like, put the stripes on a red base coat.

Framus

Interesting

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.

Peavy VK. They now have lights for tube indicators. Funny thing the EL one had red lights...

Godin:

Earthquake pedal board:

Wampler:

Quote by DeathByDestroyr

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by R45VT

What's that?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Plek machine.

Basically the mother of all initial fret level and dress machines.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Plek machine.

Basically the mother of all initial fret level and dress machines.

Yup.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Doesn't Framus make amps?

Framus has made guitars since the 40s, until they went bankrupt in the 70s and were brought back when Warwick bought them in the mid-90s.

What's the deal with that mini Peavey VK? Looks cute
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ I was just wondering why they didn't have a Framus amp on display instead of the Marshall, little bit odd.

I really want one of the EVH guitars.

RV45T, were there any Laney displays there?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
^ I was just wondering why they didn't have a Framus amp on display instead of the Marshall, little bit odd.

Was wondering the same thing myself.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Was wondering the same thing myself.

I don't think that Framus currently has a US distributor for their amps.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Oh, well that makes sense. Kind of sucks though.
Quote by mmolteratx
Yea, there's a 7 string Broderick, but it only comes with a Floyd and in 4 colors.
Anyone introduce any 16 string guitars this year?

By the way, enjoying the images. Attended the PMA convention several years ago in Las Vegas. Had a great time. Most likely boring by most people's standards who post here as I was out taking photographs at night and manning a booth during the day.
Last edited by ConcertShooter at Jan 27, 2013,
Quote by MatrixClaw
This has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. He can't see what's in front of him and can only have 1/8th of a clue as to what he's actually doing.

Tickling the ivories and writing songs are another thing altogether.

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.
Quote by R45VT
DR: Too neon for my camera to focus.
Manual focus is your friend.
^^ I know several people that are blind. They are amazing at how they use the senses they do have. If it is a console his is used to using I don't understand how he would be incapable of operating it. I bet he's a pro on it.

Quote by MatrixClaw
I don't think that Framus currently has a US distributor for their amps.

Gee.....what a great opportunity to gain some interest.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 27, 2013,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Gee.....what a great opportunity to gain some interest.

+311

Thought the same thing when he posted that
Quote by ConcertShooter
This has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. He can't see what's in front of him and can only have 1/8th of a clue as to what he's actually doing.

Tickling the ivories and writing songs are another thing altogether.

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.

Apparently he turned on the voice feature on the computer that's for blind people and was up and using everything in like 5 minutes. Pretty crazy
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^^ I know several people that are blind. They are amazing at how they use the senses they do have. If it is a console his is used to using I don't understand how he would be incapable of operating it. I bet he's a pro on it. :shrug
He can afford to pay someone to do that type of work and keep his focus on songwriting. Although I think he peeked in the late 1970s having listened to his music on the radio during that time period.

Seems like a tedious task for the blind in my opinion, but I wouldn't discourage him from doing what makes him happy. That type of editing is challenging enough with sight.
Quote by R45VT
What do you want to know? The metal face are the new Detroit line, 18 and 40w.

I just wondered if you got to hear them, and what/who they're geared towards. Is it the HG line renamed? Also, do you have any close-up pics?

Also, did DBZ have any Venoms on display? That's the pointier V in their line. Did they have the same headstock as the Bird Of Prey guitars they had up in the one of the pics you put up?
Quote by dementiacaptain

I really want one of the EVH guitars.

RV45T, were there any Laney displays there?

I thought I posted pics of the Laney? They had a decent variety. The Iron Heart had a torodial PT it looked like. I can post more later.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
^ Never mind, I realize now that you did, sorry about that

Quote by mmolteratx
Go by the Fargen booth and ask how they got John Lennon's endorsement 33 years after he died.
^^What he asked. Does the widow need cash?
Quote by Blktiger0
I just wondered if you got to hear them, and what/who they're geared towards. Is it the HG line renamed? Also, do you have any close-up pics?

Also, did DBZ have any Venoms on display? That's the pointier V in their line. Did they have the same headstock as the Bird Of Prey guitars they had up in the one of the pics you put up?

They were basically only talking to distributors or potential distributors. Same thing with Randall. If you had a "V" on your badge forget even being acknowledged. It's only fair since they are their to work out partnerships and contracts. Peavy was kinda the same way.

Fender/Jackson were cool but they were super busy. Diezel was cool, ASG were cool.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by Ippon
Thanks for this thread and pics!

There is someone else to thank for making it possible!

I had a duty to do.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by R45VT

Gibson pronz:

I can't wait to check out that Zappa SG. The one between the black SG and goldtop LP. Hopefully it's not ridiculously priced.

I'm glad to see Guild putting the S-100 back on the market. Definitely wanna check that out too.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by R45VT
They were basically only talking to distributors or potential distributors. Same thing with Randall. If you had a "V" on your badge forget even being acknowledged. It's only fair since they are their to work out partnerships and contracts. Peavy was kinda the same way.

Fender/Jackson were cool but they were super busy. Diezel was cool, ASG were cool.

That's understandable, I suppose. I still think that's bad business, though. They can show more interest in people that are more likely to become a distrubutor, but just giving the common guy a cold shoulder is still a dick move, in my opinion. At the end of the day, you can have 15 distributors per state, but if the regular joe won't buy your product, it won't matter. You should make it evident that they are your number 1 interest, whether that be at NAMM, dinner with the family, in the shop, at a local concert, or talking to Metaliica.

I suppose that's just my stance on it, though I'm not an amp maker or business guy, so I'm probably looking at it wrong.
Well, common people aren't supposed to be at NAMM. Everyone tends to forget that it's supposed to be an industry trade show where dealers connect with manufacturers and vice versa. The larger companies are on such a tight schedule that it's near impossible to give every random person who got in via a friend attention.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Well, common people aren't supposed to be at NAMM. Everyone tends to forget that it's supposed to be an industry trade show where dealers connect with manufacturers and vice versa. The larger companies are on such a tight schedule that it's near impossible to give every random person who got in via a friend attention.

x2. Fender had a whole room dedicated to meetings with vendors, suppliers and distributors.

Randalls deal was this- they are having a product surge. They need more distributors.

Jet City was pretty cool. They only had a few new items but had the whole product range. They actually encouraged the average joe schmo to pick up and play. I heard so very bad metallica every time I walked by. It was nice to talk with one of the owners for a bit and hear their push and strategy for the year. He was proud of their little load box.

Bruce Egnater was there and was busy with reps the whole time. He was not rude or anything, just busy working.

The hardware supplier for epiphone was there- they had all their ish displayed like jewelry. They were looking for start up companies for whole sale.

All in all pretty bad ass.

I mean imagine this- kids coming up and asking you the same question all day long. Do you sell anything? If you had a dollar for every time someone said they would buy something from you and didn't come through you'd make more money than actually selling anything.

The Diezel guys were cool. They have newer US distributor they are working through and seem to be happy with that so they were just showing their amps. I got to play the D'Moll for a bit. One of the guys gave it a work through and handed me the guitar to play for 5 minutes.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Last edited by R45VT at Jan 27, 2013,
Schecter:

DBZ V's:

And it will be a bit before I can get the rest posted to some order.... damn photobucket is thwarting me....
Quote by DeathByDestroyr