Page 1 of 2
MojoPinTommy
Banned
10 IQ
There are many guitar manufacturers who is yours. I would go PRS all the way because they are so versitile.
Joshua Garcia
An actual big boy
4,730 IQ
Ibanez would probably my favorite, but then again, haven't really tried out different manufacturers to say for sure.
Quote by RAB11
Josh-Claude Van DAAAAAAAAAAYUM GRRRL hook me up with dem digits
MojoPinTommy
Banned
10 IQ
My friend who is in my band loves ibanez but i dont like the jumbo frets. Other than that there sweet.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
490 IQ
Quote by MojoPinTommy
My friend who is in my band loves ibanez but i dont like the jumbo frets. Other than that there sweet.

They do make non-jumbo frets, you know.
skylerjames13
Dude
60 IQ
Probably Ibanez
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
sashki
2,244 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Even Ibanez's medium frets are huge.

I have a feeling that Suhr would be my favourite, even though I've never played one. Even in pictures, they look incredibly well-made.
Last edited by sashki at Jan 25, 2013,
necrosis1193
UG Nerd
440 IQ
Not much of a practitioner of brand loyalty, but Fender pretty consistently makes guitars that I really like, so Fender. I do love PRS' guitar though, and they're local, but I can't afford them.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
MojoPinTommy
Banned
10 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Yes i do know that lol but i just wanted a PRS more.
MojoPinTommy
Banned
10 IQ
Quote by necrosis1193
Not much of a practitioner of brand loyalty, but Fender pretty consistently makes guitars that I really like, so Fender. I do love PRS' guitar though, and they're local, but I can't afford them.

I had to save for quite awhile but, it was worth the wait though.
necrosis1193
UG Nerd
440 IQ
Quote by MojoPinTommy
I had to save for quite awhile but, it was worth the wait though.

I've just never played one that really floored me. I've played some that sounded great, and some that felt great, and a ton that were both, but I've never found one that made me go "I need that." I got that out of my Taylor acoustic, which was why I saved up nearly $3,000 for it. They're great guitars, but until I find the one that floors me, with the pricetag they carry, I'm happy with my strat.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
smartalecG94
Just my Bronze showing
31 IQ
Ya know, I'm quite s big fan of Epiphone. They've given consistent quality for everything I've played. I also like Ovations for acoustic because of their odd sound.
Quote by captainsnazz
That's some nice hair you've got there.

I'm watching you.

Quote by BottleOfSmoke
If I was a rich man in 17th century Britain, I'd totally adopt Alec and make him my heir.

People say I tan easily, but that's just my Bronze showing through.
AcidParadox
50 IQ
Fender fan-girl here. I do like Explorers and Firebirds though. Ibanezes are really cool too, but they don't make any guitars that are actually, y'know, playable for me. Their necks get on my nerves.

As for acoustics, I love Martins, if I could ever get enough money to own one. They're pretty much the only acoustics sold in my hometown, so their all I've been exposed to. I love how my old teacher's Martin sounds and plays.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
110 IQ
More PRS fans than I expected here.

Not a single Gibson mention either. Surprising.
Last edited by whywefight at Jan 25, 2013,
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
190 IQ
PRS is completely overrated. . I've only played 1 guitar by them that I actually liked.

Fender and Gretsch are my favorites.

But I don't really play a brand loyalty game. If I like the guitar, I play it

EDIT:

I would say Gibby but I really... eh. I find their guitars extremely hit or miss.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
110 IQ
I find it easy to see how each guitar manufacturer has their own niche in the market in a way and their own specialties and styles. PRS is my personal favorite, but I'm not going to say any other brands suck.
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
230 IQ
Our lead guitarist has a Carvin DC800 and it is easily the best thing I've ever played. It definitely beats out all of the high-end (2000+) Gibsons, Fenders, Ibanezes, ESPs, etc that I have played at various guitar stores and it only cost him $1100 (those his is very basic in terms of a lot of options. Here's a picture of it off of his profile on here (he doesn't ever post though, so none of you would know him):

I would totally get a Carvin if I really played guitar anymore. I had emailed them to see if they have any plans to start making banjos, dobros, mandolins, pedal steels, etc but they said no. I guess that they just don't want my money.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please.
Skynyrd890
Unregistered User
139 IQ
Martin.

I like Fender, Gibson, Schecter, PRS, Breedlove, Seagull, and Gretsch quite a bit, but Martin is by far my favorite.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
490 IQ
Quote by MojoPinTommy
Yes i do know that lol but i just wanted a PRS more.

Ok. Whatever. I don't find PRS's impressive, but to each their own. As long as you like it, cool.

Quote by theogonia777

I would say, Carvin makes some quality 7-string & 8-string guitars. I'm not too impressed with their 6-strings.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jan 25, 2013,
captainsnazz
~
50 IQ
As the proud owner of many many guitars, it's quite a difficult choice.. But I'll go with Schecter. I have a Schecter 8 string, and it blows away any other 8 I've played (for me anyway).
Last edited by captainsnazz at Jan 25, 2013,
JokerGrin
Banned
10 IQ
I would love to own or at least play a PRS, but Ibanez is certainly my favourite manufacturer for now.
Emperor's Child
Isn't It?
314 IQ
Yamaha

Oh how I wish they still made some of the older high end Yamahas...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
490 IQ
@Hydra:
I highly doubt that discussing one's favorite brand of guitar is the purpose of the Electric Guitar forum. It's more a "specific questions about electric guitar" forum.
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
230 IQ
Quote by Hydra150

What if my favorite is a company that makes acoustic guitars, if not entirely than at least primarily, such as Martin or Taylor?
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please.
Burgery
crack hitler
81 IQ
coca cola
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
182 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
@Hydra:
I highly doubt that discussing one's favorite brand of guitar is the purpose of the Electric Guitar forum. It's more a "specific questions about electric guitar" forum.

This is a specific question about electric guitar. Any specific questions about electric guitar should go in the Electric Guitar forum. There are probably people who use that forum and not this one who enjoy having this discussion - and if people who use The Pit exclusively would like to also discuss electric guitars then they can go into the forum designed for that.

o wait, nvm, TS is banned it seems

Quote by theogonia777
What if my favorite is a company that makes acoustic guitars, if not entirely than at least primarily, such as Martin or Taylor?

Well I'd call you a liar because only old farts and idiots prefer acoustics, and everyone on UG is cooler than that.
FACT.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Jan 25, 2013,
Page 1 of 2