...is Radomir Mihajlovic, known under stage name "Točak" (eng. "The Wheel").
He is one of the most praised guitarists in the ex-yugoslavia rock underground, and he has some badass fingerpicking technique - he uses his finger like a f*cking pick!

What do you think about this technique?
Are there any other guitarists who use similar finger technique?
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Yeah, I agree, it's got potential (he's basically using classical technique on an electric) but he sounds like arse; it's just so messy...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.
Yeah, his playing is good for what it is (that was a nice blues solo I admit), but that high-gain pseudo-sweeping sounded just plain bad. His right hand technique prevents him from properly muting the strings.

Thing is, there are already a billion blues players out there who play fingerstyle, and have been doing so since the 40s and earlier. This isn't anything new. So... what exactly are you trying to show us here? Or is this just an excuse to show off your favorite guitarist?
Or cousin?
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Quote by StrykVladzimsky
Or cousin?

haha, unfortunately, we are not in blood relation. But he is my favorite guitarist.
Can anyone tell me the names of any other guitarists who used similar technique?
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Oh man that sounded sooooo bad. If i didn't know any better i'd have thought he's only been playing a few months and is just doing some painful improv.
Sounds horrible, the blues solo was alright, but it sounded pretty much like every other blues solo ever played.
Kind of messy in my opinion. Here you have another inspiration for that kind of finger picking that i like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CtK551BcM4
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
The messy and muddy you hear in his finger picking is the whole beauty. He has natural limitations in speed, which SADLY most guitarist today are searching for...when you pick the way he does beautifull open chords and sounds come through. If you listen closely to hendrix he did a lot of dirt and messy in his songs and didnt stress on the speed as he stressed on emotinal aspects of his playing. The whole thruth is playing emotional and spiritual. Tocak or the wheel is one of those rare guys who are able to do that. Today thats very rare to hear, as there are more and more competetive guitar players usually tehnically clean and perfect. The more neat, the more clear and technical you play, the more you go away from music.
Quote by bgblue
Today thats very rare to hear, as there are more and more competetive guitar players usually tehnically clean and perfect. The more neat, the more clear and technical you play, the more you go away from music.

This is nonsense and a bad excuse for poor technique and just sloppy playing.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Oct 11, 2015,
Quote by bgblue
The messy and muddy you hear in his finger picking is the whole beauty. He has natural limitations in speed, which SADLY most guitarist today are searching for...when you pick the way he does beautifull open chords and sounds come through. If you listen closely to hendrix he did a lot of dirt and messy in his songs and didnt stress on the speed as he stressed on emotinal aspects of his playing. The whole thruth is playing emotional and spiritual. Tocak or the wheel is one of those rare guys who are able to do that. Today thats very rare to hear, as there are more and more competetive guitar players usually tehnically clean and perfect. The more neat, the more clear and technical you play, the more you go away from music.

tell that to all the classical musicians in the world. total crock of shit. sory dude but you are off the mark here.
Quote by kimi_page
He is the man, just listen this, it's R.M Tocak (the Wheel) with his band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k2vmwOU2HM
solo starts at 1:43
It's one of the best blues solos I've ever heard

fairly generic you need to listen to more blues solos. not saying it sucked or anything but far from the best.
Quote by Rickholly74
This is nonsense and a bad excuse for poor technique and just sloppy playing.

+1

At the end music for me is "sound"... and this playing sounds bad to me sorry !
Quote by bgblue

I'm pretty sure this paragraph gave me eye cancer.

I didn't hate the guitarist, I think he had cool ideas. Far from original, but it's not like I haven't seen worse.

But this post... sigh. "Competitive guitar player", fuck does that even mean? Music isn't a competition, and it certainly isn't a competition where the lazy guys win.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here