Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Find your local dealer. Get a quote form through them and you will get a proper quote.

The ones on the ESP website are batshit crazy.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I'm not familiar with police procedures.

1977 Burny FLG70
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
$8k sounds right for that- they either have to use a luthier who is especially well trained in not drilling or carving wood, so that the wood remains pristine, or they have to do all the drilling & carving, and use special, space-age materials & tech to make it look pristine.

Nah...that's just bat shit crazy.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Exterminatus
344 IQ
Don't but an ESP custom, especially with such simple specs. They have a large range of models so just pick one from it and save a load of cash...
"I would happily pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today"

-Poldo (the guy with both hands in his pockets!)
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Quote by irishmatt1992
DAMN! 8 grand????

They don't cost that much. In reality your looking at about 4k+ for most realistic customs.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Quote by thetoastinator
Yeah, I tried to do it online once, all I wanted was an Eclipse with a Floyd with no inlays. They quoted on their site about $8,000

Just thinking about it: you could probably buy the LTD version and take it to a Luthier and say, "I want this (*point at whole guitar*), but without these on it (*point at specific points on guitar*), and I want these pickups in it (*pick a brand*), with these kinds of woods & hardware (*select woods & hardware*)."

...and the total for the 2 guitars would still come to less than $5K. Maybe less than $2500.

Then you sell the LTD.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Quote by Tom 1.0
They don't cost that much. In reality your looking at about 4k+ for most realistic customs.

Some American luthiers start their full customs at $2000...

alhaq369
lemurflames
Ronnie
188 IQ
Quote by thetoastinator
Yeah, I tried to do it online once, all I wanted was an Eclipse with a Floyd with no inlays. They quoted on their site about $8,000

http://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/cs6

How about this? The floyd is an option!
Ibanez RG652KFX Prestige
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Some American luthiers start their full customs at $2000...

So what? Ken Parkers start at around $20k?

Your point is irrelevant. If somebody wanted a Custom Esp that's what they want.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
ESPRZKSpieler
RAMMSTEIN
25 IQ
Yeah. $8000 is their quote. It'll end up being much less than that, especially for something so simple. They already make a FR Eclipse, so that should be easy. It'll be the best guitar you've ever played, that's for sure.
ESP RZK-1 Platinum Silver(x2)
ESP RZK-I Custom Shop Platinum Silver
ESP RZK-1 Black
ESP RZK-1 Olympic White
ESP RZK-1 Burnt
ESP RZK-II Burnt
ESP 901 See Through Red
ESP Eclipse I CTM Vintage Black
LTD EC 1000 Black Cherry
LTD EC 50 Black
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Quote by Tom 1.0
So what? Ken Parkers start at around $20k?

Your point is irrelevant. If somebody wanted a Custom Esp that's what they want.

The point was not any more irrelevant than yours. Yes, if you want an ESP, you want an ESP. Branding is powerful, and has its benefits. If nothing else, it can have a powerful effect on resale value.

BUT, if you find the right luthier, you can have something functionally identical to that above-described ESP and visually identical to it but for lettering on the headstock for possibly as little as $2000-3000.

alhaq369
irishmatt1992
UG Addict
4,786 IQ
Quote by ESPRZKSpieler
Yeah. $8000 is their quote. It'll end up being much less than that, especially for something so simple. They already make a FR Eclipse, so that should be easy. It'll be the best guitar you've ever played, that's for sure.

Basically just want an EX-307 only with all of the tuners on the top of the head stock instead of being split 4 on top/3 on bottom. Nothing special with binding or graphics or even a floyd rose.
Silver Hilton
Old enough
812 IQ
Quote by dannyalcatraz

BUT, if you find the right luthier, you can have something functionally identical to that above-described ESP and visually identical to it but for lettering on the headstock for possibly as little as $2000-3000.

While I agree with your point, ESP's are available stock with very fine componentry for quite a bit less than $2000. I'm not sure what the benefit of going custom is here. I just got one with Seymour Duncan pickups, Gotoh tuners and a Floyd Rose bridge for $1400 brand new with case. I'd encourage the original poster to poke around a bit on ESP's site and see if they are already selling what he wants. Might be able to find a pretty good deal on a closeout with the new models coming.

BTW, the stock high end ESP's are pretty damn nice. Again, not sure why custom is needed here. Buy the stock version and do any parts swapping you need after the sale.
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II, Seymour Duncan Jazz and '59.
ESP Horizon NT II
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Mesa 5:50 Express
Egnator Rebel 30
Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18
jeleopard
Jackson Fanboy!
1,720 IQ
It'll cost your left arm and about a year and a half of your life. The wait line is long.
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Ibanez RG8
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
Schecter KM7
83 Gibson Explorer "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
Ibanez SR485
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line 6 POD HD500
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato
2,585 IQ
Quote by irishmatt1992
Basically just want an EX-307 only with all of the tuners on the top of the head stock instead of being split 4 on top/3 on bottom. Nothing special with binding or graphics or even a floyd rose.

Waiit...How the heck would that work? You mean with like a V headstock, right?
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Quote by dannyalcatraz
The point was not any more irrelevant than yours. Yes, if you want an ESP, you want an ESP. Branding is powerful, and has its benefits. If nothing else, it can have a powerful effect on resale value.

....apart from the part where I told him how much his quite would be in reality compared to the online quotation.

TS for what it is worth, we ordered somebody a custom Eclipse II, 6 string, Red flamed maple top and Seymour Duncan's and Gibson layout.

It only cost him an extra £300, so about $3200 (£2k) and took 6 months to build.

That guitar was ****ing killer.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
steven seagull
not really a seagull
1,064 IQ
Quote by irishmatt1992

I doubt you'll get anything out of ESPs custom shop for less than 3 grand.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
He wants an eclipse with a inline 6 headstock?

Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato
2,585 IQ
Quote by Tom 1.0
He wants an eclipse with a inline 6 headstock?

Aren't EX's ESP's response to the Explorer?
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ

My bad
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato
2,585 IQ
It happens to the best of us!
Quote by luxeion

dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
While I agree with your point, ESP's are available stock with very fine componentry for quite a bit less than $2000. I'm not sure what the benefit of going custom is here.

The benefit of going custom was getting what the person in question wanted.

He couldn't find a stock ESP Eclipse tricked out how he wanted, despite ESP's broad array of fine axes under $2k. When he enquired of the cost from ESP's Custom Shop, he got an $8k quote for a slightly modified ESP Eclipse which apparently is not one of the stock options available.

Tom 1.0 and others rightly pointed out that $8k for the modifications that person wanted was utterly ridiculous, and that if he went through other channels, ESP's Custom Shop would probably do it for half that price or less.

My point on top of that was that certain luthiers could possibly deliver the same product for even less than that, but for the ESP branding. I know a luthier who could do that guitar for between $2000-3000 (my estimate, not a price quote). The reason it would cost that much is because it would not be like any of his standard models, which start at $1000.

A luthier for whom the LP shape is a standard model, OTOH, might be able to produce the ESP Eclipse clone for even less.

alhaq369
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.
2,847 IQ
I have to agree with dannyalcatraz. If you have any good local luthiers, you should check there to see if you can get the same guitar for less. And even i they charge the same price, you should consider it, if only to support the little guy.
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Quote by W4RP1G
I have to agree with dannyalcatraz. If you have any good local luthiers, you should check there to see if you can get the same guitar for less. And even i they charge the same price, you should consider it, if only to support the little guy.

Sez the dood who just made his own stunnah!

(Tangent: How much did that set you back in material costs, again?)

alhaq369
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.
2,847 IQ
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Sez the dood who just made his own stunnah!

(Tangent: How much did that set you back in material costs, again?)

yeah I might be a little biased. I spent about $410 on everything. High quality guitars can be built for fairly low material costs, but the man hour add up. if I were to sell that guitar for $2000, I'd only be making like $5hr
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Yeah, you're still new to the game, though- as your skills increase, your average build time will drop, and you may be able to swing better deals on materials, etc.

Then again, none of the American luthiers I know are doing lutherie as their SOLE source of income.

alhaq369
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.
2,847 IQ
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Yeah, you're still new to the game, though- as your skills increase, your average build time will drop, and you may be able to swing better deals on materials, etc.

Then again, none of the American luthiers I know are doing lutherie as their SOLE source of income.

Good points. I've already accepted that lutherie would be a second job at best, and that would be years down the road, after a number of builds. But I might be ahead of the game already, since I'm now working at the hardwood store where I bought my materials, and getting a ridiculously awesome discount