Page 2 of 5
Quote by JokerGrin
You're not reading me right, or I'm not explaining myself well enough. I agree that they need measures in place for consistent 12-inch sandwiches if people are shitting the bed over it, especially if that's what's being advertised. Yes, they need to address this issue. I agree with the lawsuits in this case.

I was simply saying that the whole thing is totally ridiculous. Sandwiches are a bit too short. Is there nothing just a little crazy with that sentence? In the grand scheme of things, it's not a major issue.

I eat there every week, so that is 1/12 of the price that i am not getting 52 times per year.That is 4 1/3 of a sub.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by JokerGrin
You're not reading me right, or I'm not explaining myself well enough. I agree that they need measures in place for consistent 12-inch sandwiches if people are shitting the bed over it, especially if that's what's being advertised. Yes, they need to address this issue. I agree with the lawsuits in this case.

I was simply saying that the whole thing is totally ridiculous. Sandwiches are a bit too short. Is there nothing just a little crazy with that sentence? In the grand scheme of things, it's not a major issue.

I understand you perfectly, I just disagree.

And you're saying that rejecting dog meat isn't a little crazy? Dogs are perfectly safe to eat, and apparently taste quite nice. In the grand scheme of things it's not a major issue...
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Neo Evil11
I eat there every week, so that is 1/12 of the price that i am not getting 52 times per year.That is 4 1/3 of a sub.

Well, that sucks, but are you sure yours have been shorter? Did you sit and measure each sandwich? Did your stomach tell you it was missing an inch? Have you considered boycotting them until they fix their measurements? I mean, hitting companies in the wallet tends to do the most damage.

Todd, that's plainly another issue. I'd eat dog meat if I was told I was getting it and I paid for it. Where does that enter into it? You're getting what you asked for, just a little short, POSSIBLY. Did you check yours too?
Quote by JokerGrin
Well, that sucks, but are you sure yours have been shorter? Did you sit and measure each sandwich? Did your stomach tell you it was missing an inch? Have you considered boycotting them until they fix their measurements? I mean, hitting companies in the wallet tends to do the most damage.

Todd, that's plainly another issue. I'd eat dog meat if I was told I was getting it and I paid for it. Where does that enter into it? You're getting what you asked for, just a little short, POSSIBLY. Did you check yours too?

I assume the ones that are suing have done a large statistical study. and yes usually i have a bit of hunger when I am done eating it. but it is both my breakfast and lunch.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by JokerGrin

No, if I get an eleven inch sandwich when I ordered a footlong then I didn't get what I wanted. Just like if I order a pint and they give me 11/12ths of a pint I haven't been given a pint. If I buy a box of twelve cakes and get eleven then I haven't got what I wanted.

The point is one of false advertising, and as such it's no different than receiving dog meat instead of beef, or eleven cakes instead of twelve.
OK, I follow now.

Like I keep saying, I agree with the lawsuits and that people should get what they pay for, I just can't my head around the fact it's a short sandwich. I don't eat there often at all myself, but always enjoyed what I've had. I hope they see sense and put in measures to sell what they advertise.

Just curious, what do you guys hope will result from this? Are new measures to check the lengths enough or do you think fines and the like are needed?
Quote by JokerGrin
OK, I follow now.

Like I keep saying, I agree with the lawsuits and that people should get what they pay for, I just can't my head around the fact it's a short sandwich. I don't eat there often at all myself, but always enjoyed what I've had. I hope they see sense and put in measures to sell what they advertise.

Just curious, what do you guys hope will result from this? Are new measures to check the lengths enough or do you think fines and the like are needed?

Just make the sandwiches a foot long rather than eleven inches. It's not like any normal person is going to complain if they're a little off, I just defend the sad **** who's willing to because he is right about it being false advertising.
Quote by JokerGrin

I'd hope they actually make footlong footlong's after this instead of 11 inchers.
Yeah because it's a real tragedy that you're missing out that extra inch of shitty bread and gross deli meats. I love my country but god damn is this place is chock full of fat, greedy bastards lol.
Last edited by LightxGrenade at Jan 26, 2013,
Agreed. It is quite interesting as to whether it was a deliberate move to shave a little bit off each one or whether some places just got a little bit careless. I would love to see the actual results of the study though, at least a percentage of how many in the study were short.
People will sue over anything these days.

Also, did they fucking measure their sandwiches? "It's only eleven inches long! I'm suing your company!"
I bet there's a disclaimer somewhere that says "The title 'footlong' does not reflect the actual measurement."

Or if there's no disclaimer they'll say it's not a measurement, it's the name.

Doubt it makes it to court.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Maybe they should have advertised an 11 inch. Or just make their bread a foot long, as advertised.

Subway pisses me off anyway, they can't seem to make the sandwiches without totally destroying the bread in the process.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by element4433
I bet there's a disclaimer somewhere that says "The title 'footlong' does not reflect the actual measurement."

My thought exactly
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Getting dog meat rather than beef is totally different.

An 11 inch sub is still a sub with all of the things you asked for. Dog meat and beef are completely different things.

That's like ordering a steak, and the restaurant gives me chicken. It's not the same idea as getting a sub that's slightly smaller, but still the same contents. It's the same product, just a bit smaller. You aren't being served food you didn't ask for.

Dog meat and beef are not the same product.

I understand what you're saying, but that's a shit example.
Quote by element4433

Doesn't work like that. The Quarter Pounder also has to be the quarter of a pound.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
my car was advertised at 40 mpg, but it turns out its only 36 or so. but who cares about a few miles per gallon amirite? how petty. it's just 48 miles I'm not getting every tank of gas I buy. what's the big deal? starving Africans would take an 8 mpg SUV if it meant not getting eaten by lions or snakes on the hunt for food.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jan 26, 2013,
Have they proved that the subs are consistently short? Or is it just something that happens from time to time?

Can any one individual prove that their subs were ever actually short if they never measured?
^ the guy on page one said he works there and when he measured they were all 11 inches.
#DTWD
Well that extra inch can make all the difference
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
I think they are a bit too short so that you buy a cookie for 90cts when you leave unsatisfied.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
You guys, 1 inch for millions of people is a pretty big deal. Suing seems fair to me if they don't fix it.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Nick92Slayer

it's n about the inch, it's about honesty in advertising. this is an extreme example, I admit borderline satirical, but it is what it is. you can't advertise one thing and sell another. period. and from what I'm hearing, it sounds as if these are systematically manufactured one inch short. in that sense, it's definitely a scam.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
it's n about the inch, it's about honesty in advertising. this is an extreme example, I admit borderline satirical, but it is what it is. you can't advertise one thing and sell another. period. and from what I'm hearing, it sounds as if these are systematically manufactured one inch short. in that sense, it's definitely a scam.

I wasn't referring to Subway

Edit: I do agree though, you should be getting what they said you're getting
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
Last edited by Nick92Slayer at Jan 26, 2013,
Quote by Nick92Slayer
I wasn't referring to Subway

in that case, you win a prize for the hundredth dick joke in this thread.
#DTWD
Quote by element4433

That was their response after all this started. Actually, almost verbatim what it was. The issue is that for years they have advertised it as being 12".
Quote by daytripper75
Getting dog meat rather than beef is totally different.

An 11 inch sub is still a sub with all of the things you asked for. Dog meat and beef are completely different things.

That's like ordering a steak, and the restaurant gives me chicken. It's not the same idea as getting a sub that's slightly smaller, but still the same contents. It's the same product, just a bit smaller. You aren't being served food you didn't ask for.

Dog meat and beef are not the same product.

I understand what you're saying, but that's a shit example.

It's not a sub with all the things I asked and paid for, it's a sub that's missing an inch of what I asked and paid for.

The whole point is that both are equally cases of false advertising. Neither is a health hazard or the like, but both are false advertising.
Quote by Neo Evil11

Would you really value an 11 inch sandwich at 11/12 of the price? I call bullshit. The $5 price-point would absolutely stick, even if it were a 10 inch sandwich.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by Dirge Humani
That was their response after all this started. Actually, almost verbatim what it was. The issue is that for years they have advertised it as being 12".
They probably stopped when they cut back an inch. As a way of protecting themselves legally.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Todd Hart
It's not a sub with all the things I asked and paid for, it's a sub that's missing an inch of what I asked and paid for.

The whole point is that both are equally cases of false advertising. Neither is a health hazard or the like, but both are false advertising.
You paid for a footlong, not a 12" sub. See the difference?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Y'all niggaz is missing the real point. Business and corporations fuck us all the time over fine print and minutia. It's totally fair for us to do the same thing back to them. You think Subway doesn't systematically make their buns 11 inches because 'nobody will notice' and it saves them $500 annually in baking costs? Give them a taste of their own sandwiches
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Nick92Slayer

I should sue you for mother****ing plagiarism.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
I honestly don't care, I get the same amount of bacon regardless of whether the sandwich is 12 inches or 11 inches. And the bread pretty much sucks anyway, I never eat the ends of it.

So yeah, people are stupid.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Why do the people suing deserve the money and not everyone who's ever bought a subway? But seriously, $5m for that
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by StewieSwan
Give them a taste of their own sandwiches
nobody deserves that
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Also:

I once had a woman try to sue me for the EXACT same thing. I said footlong...she found just under 11 inches.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
All companies do this. Have you ever bought a bag of chips and noticed it's only half a bag full?

Or how about soda companies, that slowly shrink the amount of soda in each bottle, so no one notices. Then they reduce the price and people think they're getting some great deal. Meanwhile, Coke just made an extra 100 million dollars because so many people buy their products, and new customers decided to buy because they were won over by the "sale" price.

It's crappy, but all major food companies cut corners, and since they're so big, saving even 10 cents on a product is gonna make them an extra million.

I'm not really complaining. If it's one thing American's don't need it's extra fast food and soda.

But hey, you can't get shorted an inch of an apple. (although we probably do since we farm with the same model that we make fake bread for a fast food chain.)
It's a process, not an event.
Quote by Do Re Mi
All companies do this. Have you ever bought a bag of chips and noticed it's only half a bag full?

They fill the bags half full then flush them with Nitrogen, not only to preserve the chips for longer, but also to provide an air buffer so that the chips don't all break during handling.

Quote by Do Re Mi

Or how about soda companies, that slowly shrink the amount of soda in each bottle, so no one notices. Then they reduce the price and people think they're getting some great deal.

Literally nobody does this.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by Do Re Mi

Or how about soda companies, that slowly shrink the amount of soda in each bottle, so no one notices. Then they reduce the price and people think they're getting some great deal.

I have never seen this ever. In fact, in the last 4 years cans have gone up about 20p.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
I have never seen this ever. In fact, in the last 4 years cans have gone up about 20p.

Well it definitely happens but I dunno about soda since so many people know the oz amount for them. Like you know those little bumps in the bottom of cylindrical products, like peanut butter? Those are so they don't have to be filled, man. And they're getting bigger. Saw it on the Today show years ago.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil