Page 4 of 5
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I hate the five dollar footlong deal anyway, you have EXTREMELY limited options for the five dollar deal. Black Forest Ham, Cold Cut Como, BLT, that's about it I always get the expensive shit like buffalo chicken or steak. I'm not huge on subway though, I prefer Jimmy Johns.

Jimmy John's is ****ing disgusting.

Quote by theogonia777
People that make lawsuits over things like that should be euthanized.

Calm down there, big guy.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by ryan_nadon
Jimmy John's is ****ing disgusting.

Calm down there, big guy.

My J.J. Gargantuan disagrees.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
dude. if you think JJ's is disgusting, you have terrible taste in food. I only eat JJ on the square wheat bread though.
#DTWD
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Haven't really read the arguments in the thread, but having worked in Subway, this is a bit of a non-issue. My first reaction was that it's simple misrepresentation. But thinking about it a bit more, the thing that regulates the size of the bread is the container, not the dough sticks. There's enough of margin of error so that the same dough stick could be baked anywhere between 10-14 inches depending on the container.

So even though they advertise it as a footlong and it's only 11 inches, if they fixed the issue, you wouldn't get any more bread, you'd just get the same dough that's risen a little bit more, the same amount of meat, the same amount of cheese, more salad if you ask for it, and the same steep price. Except they might put up the prices even more to cover the cost of changing the bread tray things and the oven and proofer (because they're all designed to fit the trays they have).

If they can't consistently make the sandwich a foot long then they shouldn't call it that.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I wish I thought of this, seriously though screw subway, and while your at it screw Duncan donuts too!
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
How can you sue for that. Has it actually made your life any worse? Maybe you could try to claim back some of the money you've spent and not recieved the goods for but you'd have to do this as an individual and any legal fees would by far out-strip the money you are owed.
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good
Quote by rpd
How can you sue for that. Has it actually made your life any worse?

It's called false advertisement
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Just call it the Full sub, and the 6 in. can be called the Half sub. Problem solved.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by rpd
How can you sue for that. Has it actually made your life any worse? Maybe you could try to claim back some of the money you've spent and not recieved the goods for but you'd have to do this as an individual and any legal fees would by far out-strip the money you are owed.

I actually think this is a great way for consuners in a marketsystem, to not be taken advantage off by companies. Burning yourself on coffee and suing is ofcourse stupid, But this is a case of millions of sandwiches being too small.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by rpd

fees are usually added on top of any award.

So subway would have to pay you the 50p plus your legal fees.

Quote by Neo Evil11
I actually think this is a great way for consuners in a marketsystem, to not be taken advantage off by companies. Burning yourself on coffee and suing is ofcourse stupid, But this is a case of millions of sandwiches being too small.

The coffee thing is only stupid when it's taken out of context.

McDonalds deliberately stored their coffee at temperatures that were unsafe for human consumption and the woman suffered serious burns as a result.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by TunerAddict
Just call it the Full sub, and the 6 in. can be called the Half sub. Problem solved.

yah that pretty much does it.
Quote by TunerAddict

Deal with the lawsuit, and then do that. Don't change anything either. Keep selling them like they are now, just to annoy people.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
The coffee thing is only stupid when it's taken out of context.

McDonalds deliberately stored their coffee at temperatures that were unsafe for human consumption and the woman suffered serious burns as a result.

It's coffee though, people make that shit too hot to consume in their own home.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

this. I've never not burned my tongue on coffee unless I waited like 15 minutes or so to drink it.
#DTWD
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

They also don't sell it to unsuspecting old women at the drive-through with cream and sugar separate so they have to mix it themselves.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Jan 26, 2013,
penn station has 10" and 13" subs right?

*grabs measuring tape*

off to do god's work, gentlemen ...
#DTWD
Quote by Todd Hart
So if Subway replaced the beef in your sub with dog meat you'd be fine with it?

If the sandwich was tasty, I would give zero fucks
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Lemoninfluence
They also don't sell it to unsuspecting old women at the drive-through with cream and sugar separate so they have to mix it themselves.

I agree that they shouldn't store their coffee so hot, I would just think the lady had enough common sense to realize that the shit is probably hotter than hell.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I agree that they shouldn't store their coffee so hot, I would just think the lady had enough common sense to realize that the shit is probably hotter than hell.

It's not about the woman. She didn't deliberately spill her coffee on herself on purpose under the assumption that it wouldn't be harmful.

It's about McDonalds having a duty of care towards their customers to provide coffee that's safe for human consumption in a manner that's safe for consumption.

It's called fast food and there's the expectation that the stuff they serve is safe for human consumption. And had it been sold at a temperature that was safe for human consumption, then spilling the coffee wouldn't have resulted in such serious injuries.

That's why the case was decided in her favour. Because although it was her error that triggered the spill, it was McDonald's breach of its duty that resulted in the injury.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Neo Evil11
? If they add more 0.5 inch more bread dough to it and made the trays bigger, then we would have bigger bread, or am I crazy?

they wouldn't have to add dough, the bread would just conform to the new shape, more or less. and then people would feel righteous about having more air pocket space in their bread
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

if the coffee was at a reasonable temperature she would have been bothered, maybe even a little hurt, but not nearly as injured as she was.
What if i advertised a 6 inch, when you really got a 7 inch.... would that take the pain away?
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
She got like second degree burns.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Ios55
What if i advertised a 6 inch, when you really got a 7 inch.... would that take the pain away?

Only fatasses trying to convince themselves that they're on a diet order a six inch.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by lexanirider78

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

Hey an extra inch can make all the difference. ( ͡͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡ °
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by lexanirider78

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

Quote by ryan_nadon
Hey an extra inch can make all the difference. ( ͡͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡ °

How many times has this joke been told so far?
Quote by captainsnazz
That's some nice hair you've got there.

I'm watching you.

Quote by BottleOfSmoke
If I was a rich man in 17th century Britain, I'd totally adopt Alec and make him my heir.

People say I tan easily, but that's just my Bronze showing through.
Haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone else picked up on this?

"Subway has faced challenges over the "footlong" name before, including in 2011 by convenience chain Casey's General Stores. Subway had ordered Casey's to stop using the "footlong" name to describe its 12-inch sandwiches and even threatened to sue, prompting Casey's to counter that "footlong" is a generic term that anyone should be allowed to use. Casey's withdrew its petition before the matter went to court."

They were actualy ordering someone else to stop describing something that is 12-inches long as a 'foot'? Subway now effectively own the word 'foot' (in the context of sandwiches)?
Quote by captaincrunk
they wouldn't have to add dough, the bread would just conform to the new shape, more or less. and then people would feel righteous about having more air pocket space in their bread

Why are you trying to be pendantic? You just come up with the same point over and over. It's not such a good point, mr. baker.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
my parents own a subway and my stepdad works for corporate and shit so this is like the biggest deal in my house, it's pretty funny.
Quote by due 07
my parents own a subway and my stepdad works for corporate and shit so this is like the biggest deal in my house, it's pretty funny.

So your mother hooked up, after your father broke up with her, with a co-worker in the same company your father works for?

Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone else picked up on this?

"Subway has faced challenges over the "footlong" name before, including in 2011 by convenience chain Casey's General Stores. Subway had ordered Casey's to stop using the "footlong" name to describe its 12-inch sandwiches and even threatened to sue, prompting Casey's to counter that "footlong" is a generic term that anyone should be allowed to use. Casey's withdrew its petition before the matter went to court."

They were actualy ordering someone else to stop describing something that is 12-inches long as a 'foot'? Subway now effectively own the word 'foot' (in the context of sandwiches)?

I was going to suggest something like that last night.

It's possible they'll argue that they're using 'Footlong' as a trademark rather than a description. You don't talk about foot long sandwiches, you talk about 'a footlong' and it has a specific meaning i.e. a sub style sandwich of a certain size.

But then that argument is completely undermined by the use of '6 inch' to mean half of the footlong.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Neo Evil11
So your mother hooked up, after your father broke up with her, with a co-worker in the same company your father works for?

uhmm my mom actually does clerical work for a gastroenterology clinic place [via no college education], my stepdad had already been working for corporate at the time of hooking up, they bought the subway a couple years ago (i didn't even find out 'til like a week after it opened, like wtf try telling yr son shit once in a while), but my stepdad in had owned subways in the past.
Quote by due 07
uhmm my mom actually does clerical work for a gastroenterology clinic place [via no college education], my stepdad had already been working for corporate at the time of hooking up, they bought the subway a couple years ago (i didn't even find out 'til like a week after it opened, like wtf try telling yr son shit once in a while), but my stepdad in had owned subways in the past.

lets keep it to my story.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
lets keep it to my story.

sorry i cannot comprehend anything i'm gong to go to sleep