What seems off about them? I have a pair of 707s in my desk right now and they look similar.
Ibanez RG652KFX Prestige
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Just because they're from hong kong, i've had fake stuff from there before (my fault obviously) but they're the real deal then?
I'm not authority on that, to be honest. I can't see anything wrong with them, but someone might know something I don't. Maybe an EMG aficionado can chime in.
Ibanez RG652KFX Prestige
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Quote by Andrew/WK
I've seen these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Original-EMG-Active-81-85-Humbuckers-Pickups-Fit-Charvel-Jackson-ESP-New-/300804364758?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item46095659d6

and it seems too good to be true, are fake pickups an often occurrence or what? just a little sceptical seeing as they're from hong kong

That seems like normal pricing, but you dont get any of the pots or jack
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I think fakes usually have "too good to be true" pricing plus free shipping...and usually come out of mainland China, not HK...though HK is full of make merchandise, I've been there and seen it personally.
That's barely even too good to be true. I got a (used) 85/60 set for $65 + shipping. You just have to keep an eye out I guess.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
As a personal rule I NEVER trust gear coming from China, at all, period.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
It's a good price for them, sure. The pictures look real, but that doesn't mean they'll send you the ones pictured.
ESP RZK-1 Platinum Silver(x2)
ESP RZK-I Custom Shop Platinum Silver
ESP RZK-1 Black
ESP RZK-1 Olympic White
ESP RZK-1 Burnt
ESP RZK-II Burnt
ESP 901 See Through Red
ESP Eclipse I CTM Vintage Black
LTD EC 1000 Black Cherry
LTD EC 50 Black
I've bought loads of stuff from China. From rear seat cowls for my bike to pick guards and controls. All are absolutely fine. Of course there's a little bit of hassle if there's a problem but if you want it cheap and are prepared to wait its ideal.

It's alright to get Western owned, Chinese made stuff like iPhones and all your appliances but not Chinese based? If you go off eBay and they have loads of good feedback the proof is there that they are fine. Don't discriminate based on their nationality, there's a word for that.

Just saying.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at Jan 27, 2013,
Quote by Mephaphil
I've bought loads of stuff from China. From rear seat cowls for my bike to pick guards and controls. All are absolutely fine. Of course there's a little bit of hassle if there's a problem but if you want it cheap and are prepared to wait its ideal.

It's alright to get Western owned, Chinese made stuff like iPhones and all your appliances but not Chinese based? If you go off eBay and they have loads of good feedback the proof is there that they are fine. Don't discriminate based on their nationality, there's a word for that.

Just saying.

Pretty much spot on. A lot of the parts manufactured come from the East anyway. Where you run into inflated prices is where you get into assembly space, import tax on bulk manufactured goods, and up-charge to associate the place of assembly with quality.

I'm not saying buy all your parts or gear from international dealers in the East, but yeah, consumer reviews speak volumes on what you're getting.
Theirs nothing fake about them, but they could easily of gotten that picture anywhere.
Quote by SteveHOC
Pretty much spot on. A lot of the parts manufactured come from the East anyway. Where you run into inflated prices is where you get into assembly space, import tax on bulk manufactured goods, and up-charge to associate the place of assembly with quality.

I'm not saying buy all your parts or gear from international dealers in the East, but yeah, consumer reviews speak volumes on what you're getting.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Mephaphil

Just saying.

This, plus Warwick Rock Basses and other great Chinese guitars. Omnom.
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
ESP/LTD SN-1000
Jackson Stars Kelly "Aiko"
Ormsby SX6 prototype
Dingwall NG-2 "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
EVH 5153
They look legitimate. Not everything from Hong Kong is fake.