Page 2 of 4
GnR, in 2010. I was 16.

I've only been to one other concert since then; Scorpions.

You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: This jazz piano music playing over the PA like wow for once it's good stuff they're playing

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?
Mushroomhead @ like age 15. Harpos, Detroit.

Doors opened at 6, we were there at 5:30, Mushroomhead didn't come out until about 1.

I went home that night thinking it was normal for headliners to have 7 hours of opening acts.
Last edited by AxeToFall at Jan 26, 2013,
Attack Attack! wasn't terrible live. I'll give them that. Can't speak for their music, but they're live show wasn't the worst to have to sit through.

Quote by eli7121
Yeah they used to have that kinda stuff all the time back then haha, nice.

Haha where are you from? Come check out the Gasworks sometime, man.
Quote by whoomit
I've had a couple chances to see them
But I didn't.

I would have if it wasn't an hour journey there, and an hour back

Uhh, I've gone almost 7 hours to see Rush. Twice. Pussy

But yeah, Rush was the first massively amazing band I saw. First in 2010 and again in 2012. Sooo brilliant.
I can't remember the name of the band because it was so long ago, but back in the early 90s my mother's best friend was in an alternative rock band. They played some outdoor party somewhere, and that was the first show i ever saw. Second was Chuck Berry at the New Orleans Jazz Festival a couple years later.
Quote by Vermillionpart2
First band I saw was the Arkells at Edgefest back in 2009. I went, however, to see Billy Talent as they were the headliners. Was like 8 or so hours and I was 13, it was fantastic.

ah dude, i remember that year, didnt go but i wanted to so bad
Quote by sprfzzbgmff
Uhh, I've gone almost 7 hours to see Rush. Twice. Pussy

But yeah, Rush was the first massively amazing band I saw. First in 2010 and again in 2012. Sooo brilliant.

I flew to Minnesota from New Mexico to see the chili peppers. I feel like I probably win this contest. (Granted there was also a woman involved.)
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Trans Siberian Orchestra.
Pretty cool for my first concert.

on an unrelated note, i just found out today that Meshuggah was at a nearby venue a couple weeks ago. I could've gone
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Last edited by iHurricaneGTR at Jan 26, 2013,
Same as you bra ^
Though the first one I ever actually payed for was Mark Lanegan

edit: ninja'd
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
Quote by iHurricaneGTR
on an unrelated note, i just found out today that Meshuggah was at a nearby venue a couple weeks ago. I could've gone
But why would you?
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: This jazz piano music playing over the PA like wow for once it's good stuff they're playing

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?
I think the first band I went to see was Chevelle. I was in my 9th grade hard rock and grunge phase. After that I started getting into various forms of extreme metal, went to the first Sounds of the Underground tour, and never looked back.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
But why would you?

You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
KISS!!! And Ted Nugent opened for them. This is when Nugent wasn't so political and KISS didn't wear make-up.
"I wanna put my log in your fireplace..."
This was how my first concert went, in order of the bands performing...
(The first one I, myself, physically paid to see though, was Rage Against The Machine.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlP7H7KQTWY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGC2wqmvtMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prjVGQWNyE4
Last edited by tyler_j at Jan 26, 2013,
My first concert was Eric Clapton's Crossroads. So you could count any one of the acts there to be my first. I think the opener was Sonny Landreth, so he's technically the first.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Some local bands at a community centre.

Then Sum 41, but The Mighty Mighty Bosstones and American Hi-Fi opened for them.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by blake1221
Why Minnesota?

They didn't stop in Cali or Texas?

Well they were already sold out in Arizona, and they just added two dates in Minnesota and Wisconson. Wasn't going to go, but then a lady friend who I'd introduced to the Chili Peppers convinced me to go visit her for a week and see the concert together.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

First ever was Dazzle Vision at Sakura Con.

They were pretty dang energetic. c:
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Totally saw Shania Twain when I was 8.......

Lol but the first time after that I was around 14 and saw Finger Eleven and Hail the Villain at the local Cornfest and they completely blew me away cause I had nothing to compare them to. Looking back though, I don't think they put on a very good show.
Quote by blake1221
Haha where are you from? Come check out the Gasworks sometime, man.

I live in San Ysidro (by Jemez), but I go to school in Rio and I'm down there most of the time. And yeah I will, I've never been there.
----
Taking Back Sunday
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
There was a GnR cover band that played at my school in Brazil when I was around 12. That's the first one I have any memory of, but the first truly memorable concert was Iron Maiden a couple of years later.
First gig I ever went to was Gordon Lightfoot in '78. First rock band I saw was Savatage @ Tarpon Springs High School in '79 while they were still called Metropolis.

First Metal concert I went to was Triumph in '80.
The Airborne Toxic Event at an unplugged on my 15th birthday back in 2008.

They opened the show, and I swear to this day that their violinist was on something...

I later saw The Ting Tings ("Shut Up and Let Me Go", not the best...), Everlast (****ING AWESOME!!!), and The Presidents of the United States of America (As headliners, they were not quite as awesome, but still good!!!).
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
Last edited by sideslick at Jan 27, 2013,
Plastic Toys @ The Cartoon in Croydon in 2003.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aMWbbCv7dI
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
The first band I remember seeing was Machine Head opening for Heaven and Hell, with Megadeth in-between. I was 15 at the time. Not bad for a first concert.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
The first show I went to was Muse in 2010, which was great. The first band I saw was Silversun Pickups, and they were pretty good.