Page 3 of 4
Quote by slipknot5678
The first show I went to was Muse in 2010, which was great. The first band I saw was Silversun Pickups, and they were pretty good.

Seattle?

My biggest regret is selling tickets for Muse on April 2nd, 2010 at KeyArena...

I am not making that mistake again. I'm seeing them next Friday, February 1st.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
That I remember?

The Seldom Scene at a botanical garden near me.

It was pretty awesome. Doug Aldrich is one hell of a dobro player.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
The first time I really went to a concert was a small local community centre show when I was 13.

Hats Off, Gentlemen (an emo/ screamo band, the real sort too; they apparently started as a Saetia cover band), and Masquerade of Silence (Technical Death Metal band, had some ****ing chops). And maybe one or two other bands I forgot.

I live in a pretty dull suburb south of Vancouver, so this tiny little recreation room packed with people and loud music was an experience that literally floored me (a fat emo kid fell on me, I was 120 lbs at the time and my right leg was done for about a week. srs). Lots of moshing and chaos for Hats Off, and I was one of the few people who stayed for Masquerade (there is just no appreciation for technical death metal in an Asian upper class suburbia )

five years later, not much of that... me and my mates actually just went to that same community centre and watched a pretty uninspiring pop/ rock trio (midi drums from the keyboard, we were about to leave when that hit...), a damn good and very young post rock group, and a straight up punk band that was loads of fun. Very small turnout though, the music scene in this city is just too damn weak because there's just no support. Thankfully, tons of great musicians play in Vancouver, an hour drive at most or a few bus rides.
I think the first concert I remember is Good Charlotte, my cousin had an extra ticket and invited me. Needless to say I quickly learned what music is not.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by eli7121
I live in San Ysidro (by Jemez), but I go to school in Rio and I'm down there most of the time. And yeah I will, I've never been there.

please do. We got some hella good acts coming through in a bit.

and one of my bands' tour kick off is on the thirteenth, and itd be sweet if you made it out :3
I saw a bunch of local artists before I specifically went TO SEE a real band. The first real band, in that case, would be Demon Hunter. And it was still probably the best show I've been to yet. Awaiting something to top it.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
My first concert was G3, So John Petrucci first, Steve Vai second, Joe Satriani last and they jammed at the end ofcourse.

Yes, it was a brilliant day.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by orangepi
The whole Ozzfest 2007 lineup.

seems impossible to see the 'whole' lineup.....
Misery Index. Followed by Breed 77 and Fear Factory.

Enjoyed all except Breed, and I'm not sure why.
Moonspell. The concert was ok, too bad their music sucks and they're sellout whores.

Quote by JokerGrin
Misery Index. Followed by Breed 77 and Fear Factory.

Enjoyed all except Breed, and I'm not sure why.

You fucking asshole. I hate you.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Last edited by Ometh at Jan 27, 2013,
blink 182... i was 12.
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
Quote by Tempoe
Frank Zappa, I was a kid, now I'm old & he's really old
Yeah, he looks as if he has no more flesh on his bones.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: This jazz piano music playing over the PA like wow for once it's good stuff they're playing

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?
Lighthouse Family when I was 8/9.

The first one I payed my own money to go see was Alkaline Trio.
OUT OF ORDER
Kinesis. They were supporting Linkin Park. As were Lost Prophets.

I believe this was November 25th 2003. I was 14.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Poison! Well technically Vains of Jenna and Ratt first... But yeah. XD I went through a hair metal phase in 7th grade.
Dillinger Escape Plan supporting System of a Down. I think it was 2000, maybe 2001.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
The first popular band I saw live was Journey in 09 when I was 17. Not a fan of them, just wanted to see what concerts are like. Haven't gone to many concerts since. Hate em.
I went on a class trip to the grand ole opry, so my first concert was technically a group of country singers I did not care for. But my first concert that I willingly went to was the Kooks and Death Cab For Cutie.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by fc89konkari
Avenged Sevenfold, although the first band I saw was their opener, Corroded. Both were great.

My first mosh-style concert was Uproar 2011.

My first mosh-style band was Bullet for my Valentine, then Seether, then Three Days Grace, then Avenged Sevenfold.

Avenged Sevenfold puts on a bad ass show.

You are lucky.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
First band I saw: Green Day
First music artist I saw: Spice Girls
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by GoxGetterxGuy
311. Not a bad first concert.

Not at all. They put on a great show from what I hear and Youtube. My brother's saw them a bunch of times but I was too young for concerts so I never actually got to see them And now I don't really have a desire to see them.

OT: Citizen Cope was the first band I actually remember seeing, except I guess he's not really a band. First band was A Perfect Circle. Now that was a hell of a concert.
Last edited by chev311e at Jan 28, 2013,
First band I ever saw in a proper gig situation, Wishbone Ash when I was fourteen. Classic rock at its finest.

However, my parents took me to all kinds of music festivals as a baby and young kid so my first band was probably whatever was headlining Glastonbury in 1987.
The first "real" band was Stone Sour at Rock am Ring in 2006. Followed by Alice in Chains, Dir En Grey, Deftones, Korn, Tool and Dredg on a side-stage.

That was the most musically awesome day of my life, and has yet to be topped.
Quote by AKnownHardman
Radiohead. First band I saw. Beat that.

2nd band I saw, only just last year. ****ing amazing show btw. First band was technically Linkin Park, not counting Dead Letter Circus who opened. I thought it was pretty great at the time, but I've grown out of that phase (thankfully). Don't get to see many shows as I don't really have any income and bands tend to not come to Australia very often.
first band would of been one of the many melbourne based blues bands, don't remember who though.
first actual big band I saw was AC/DC.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.