treborillusion
UG Fanatic
3,126 IQ
What foods have you tried?

Where I live, there's a lot of Jamaican food, and Indian as well as Chinese, Pizza, Fried Chicken and Burgers.

Jerk Chicken

From one of the many local Jerk places.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
1,326 IQ
damn that looks good.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
pugachev
514 IQ
its time for bed, if i participate in this thread ill end up starving to death and cooking food and itll be 3 am before i sleeep
StopReadingThis
Mr. Waaayyyyne
811 IQ
Is there any kind of meat this guy CAN'T jerk?
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
2,002 IQ
Quote by StopReadingThis
Is there any kind of meat this guy CAN'T jerk?

Fry's lower horn.

But then again that's used to it.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
StopReadingThis
Mr. Waaayyyyne
811 IQ
Fry's lower horn.

But then again that's used to it.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
Weaponized
1,756 IQ
Had Italian at Dominos
Chinese at Panda Express
Mexican at Taco Bell

pretty much had it all
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
2,002 IQ
Quote by StopReadingThis

. that's only two of my favorite episodes. "I like your attitude. And your latest accent!

OT:

Sushi from a place called Sticky Rice in Richmond (LEGIT.)
Gumbo from one of my dad's friends who hails from Nawlens
Quite a bit of good Italian
Korean food courtesy of my ex's aunt
Chinese from one of my fraternity brothers who's family is from there

I've had a bunch of foreign food, actually...
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
3,126 IQ
I've had home cooked Thai & Filipino because of friends, and also, I've had Sushi too... Too bad there's no Sushi place in my neighbourhood.

This thread is making me hungry.

Makes me laugh sometimes., the name of this place is a homophone for the word wonky, there are loads.

Also, that's the (if it's not 1 of 2, but, I think there's just 1, and that's it, on the right of Wong Kei there); the Jamaican bakery in the High Street,
not to be confused with the many Jerk places. Hard Dough Bread/Spice Bun and every Jerk Place and this place and local Tesco too... Does Jamaican patties.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Jan 27, 2013,
guitarxo
cat
1,649 IQ
what exactly is world food? is it just food that isn't native to where you live? if so, I eat all of it.
cat
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
3,126 IQ
^That question blew my mind...

But, Native too.
Quote by laid-to-waste
ErnestoFidel
362 IQ
Quote by Weaponized
Had Italian at Dominos
Chinese at Panda Express
Mexican at Taco Bell

pretty much had it all

I am sorry if I insult you, but you must be the most impertinent and ignorant American ever if you think that you can get Italian food at Dominos, Chinese at Panda Express, Mexican at Taco Bell etc. Those places sell something that is remotely close to the culture they try to represent, but generally their food is adjusted to the eating habits of the local consumer. Did you know that Chinese food in the USA is very different from Chinese food in Europe. Weird, isn't it? But its like watching a movie set in China and then pretend you've actually been there.
This is not a signature
Avedas
yoloswag420
673 IQ
Quote by ErnestoFidel
I am sorry if I insult you, but you must be the most impertinent and ignorant American ever if you think that you can get Italian food at Dominos, Chinese at Panda Express, Mexican at Taco Bell etc. Those places sell something that is remotely close to the culture they try to represent, but generally their food is adjusted to the eating habits of the local consumer. Did you know that Chinese food in the USA is very different from Chinese food in Europe. Weird, isn't it? But its like watching a movie set in China and then pretend you've actually been there.

Wow you thought his post was serious. That's incredible.

I couldn't even name all the places I've had food from. Everything is so multicultural here it's not even a big deal to eat food from 4 different countries every day.
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
3,126 IQ
Quote by ErnestoFidel

I thought Weaponized was witty, tbh. Also, he had a point.
Quote by laid-to-waste
MinterMan22
only smells
763 IQ
tbh when it comes to food im really picky only ethnic food i eat is greek (cause im half greek) and italian cause its sorta similar. throw in some caribbean rice which is probably the only stuff i can eat from the other half of my background without getting stomach pains. spices don't really bode welll with me

ive just started eating canadian food like poutine and beavertails. poutine is probably my favourite thing to eat now.
..::fat
lard::..
guitarxo
cat
1,649 IQ
Quote by treborillusion
^That question blew my mind...

But, Native too.

Oh right. Well I guess I usually eat local food because it's the most prevalent and cheapest but I also eat Indian food cuz my parents are Indian and I love mexican/italian/turkish/japanese/german/EVERYTHING FUCK I JUST LOVE FOOD! But I'm not picky so I'll eat whatever's available, and everything's available
cat
ErnestoFidel
362 IQ
Quote by Avedas
Wow you thought his post was serious. That's incredible.

Let's stick with the general idea of my point instead of setting it in some connection to Weaponized's post. I definitely had a point here, and it is not about his post being serious or not, where actually there is no sign in his post as far as what to make of it.
This is not a signature
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
1,184 IQ
Spiedies, BITCH!

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Greenie_777
UG Newbie
547 IQ
Thai
Vietnamese
Indian
Chinese
Italian
Mexican
Carribean

Those are just the obvious ones. I'm cultured as ****.
tukk04
UG's Neil Young
1,076 IQ
Why does this seem like a "I'm diverse because I listen to so many different genres" thread but about food?
Trowzaa
TwoWorldWars&OneWorldCup
731 IQ
Quote by ErnestoFidel
Let's stick with the general idea of my point instead of setting it in some connection to Weaponized's post. I definitely had a point here, and it is not about his post being serious or not, where actually there is no sign in his post as far as what to make of it.

I thought it was so clearly obvious that it was a joke.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Benny Blanco
10 IQ
I had a crocodile wrap at a festival last summer, was quite nice. Tasted like a mix of pork and chicken.
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
Well, I like most food but I am quite aware that most of "international" food I eat is really just a Swedish/European/westernized version of it. But meeeh.

Love indian food. Probably my favourite stuff.

I actually prefer swedish-made pizza to the italian made. Kebab pizza is so ****ing nice. **** that quatrio staggione and formaggio and shit.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Philip_pepper
Banned
4,955 IQ
I went to a Sushi restaurant in Glasgow yesterday and it was the saddest thing I ever done seen.

Bunch of Scots struggling to eat with chopsticks, eating fried sushi rolls, avoiding all the raw fish and drinking beer.

2/10 would not do again.
TEK34
UG Newbie
323 IQ
A load of Chinese people live in my accommodation, and they cook a lot of actual Chinese food with the proper ingredients and whatever. It's probably the best food I've ever tasted, it's properly amazing.

But yeah, I've eaten British and Dutch versions of lots of styles of foods.
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.
982 IQ
Seeing a thread called "World Foods" from treborillusion I was really hoping for something psuedo-racist and for everyone to start taking the piss out of him, but this seems to be going fine....

Some on trebor, say something edgy!

Quote by ErnestoFidel

Yeah as everyone else is saying, he seemed to me to be pretty clearly joking implying pretty much what you're saying, that those don't really count as having had those types of food.
Bikewer
65 IQ
We like a wide variety of ethnic foods. Thai, Korean, Indian, Greek, whatever. Just had a very nice meal at an Indian restaurant last week. You can tell if the joint is reasonably authentic if most of the patrons are "ethnic".
We have a big international festival here each year, and one of the main draws is all the ethnic food booths. We try to sample as many as we can... Peruvian, Jamaican, we'll try anything.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by ErnestoFidel

And you must be very active, if you joined in '09 and don't get Pit humor yet.
/sarcasm

OT:
I used to get the best Thai food when my family lived in Hawaii (dad was in the US Army). Other than that, I really like Indian food; Greek food is great too. Italian - we used to be friends with this lady who made the BEST Italian food. I really like creole food too. I basically really enjoy anything but "Americana" food, because I seem to eat that a lot.
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
3,126 IQ
I like supermarket Haggis. I also like porridge/oat meal.

That's Scottish, I guess.
Quote by laid-to-waste