Page 1 of 2
Do you buy American products?

I do.

I buy American electronics for my electric guitars and even; When I was afforded to, I was able to buy myself an American guitar, a really nice American guitar (A Gibson Custom shop Les Paul). That I had American pickups (a set of Seymour Duncan APH-1s) put in.

I buy loads of stuff made in the EU under license, like Coca-Cola, cigarettes, booze, fast food.

But I also buy imported foods and snacks, sometimes...

Do you buy American?

One day, in my life, I want to own at least one American car.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
I bought an American thread. It was shitty, still better than a cheap chinese one.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by willT08
If the thing I want to buy is manufactured in America.

+1
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Ofcourse not, Asian stuff is much cheaper.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Ernie Ball Strings - Those guitar strings say 'Made In The USA' too...

I like those because of all the guitarists they put on their pack, I've also been known to buy Rotosound and they're British.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Jan 27, 2013,
American Cream Pie... She wouldn't let me.
'true story'.

Anyway, I digress.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Eh yeah sometimes I try to, just because in some cases they are genuinely better products, ie most of the tactical clothing and outdoor gear I've worn/bought.

My guitar is made by an American luthier. My wife drives a Ford, I drive a Nissan
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Quote by treborillusion
...One day, in my life, I want to own at least one American car...

When you do, be careful. While our people are all created equal, our cars are not.

BTW, I'd rather buy an American brand made overseas than buy an overseas brand MIA. Many times American branded MIA items aren't practical (like if it costs 2 x 10 times as much, but doesn't have (or need) that much better quality).

When it comes to electric guitars, 67% of mine are American brands, 33.3% are a Japanese brand, with 17% MIA, 33% MIJ, and the other 50% made elsewhere in Asia (Korea, China, and Indonesia).
Quote by Dreadnought
in some cases they are genuinely better products

That's typically what it comes down to for me. If the American product is better, I'll buy it. If not, why would I?
Aren't almost all the cars in Canada either made in America or in Mexico? I knew this Nissan out there that was made in Mexico...
Quote by laid-to-waste
Last edited by treborillusion at Jan 27, 2013,
I watch a lot of American television and films too.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Usually I find that germany makes the best everything. So that
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
I buy whatever gives me the most value for my money. Chances are it's not American.
Quote by Wisthekiller
I don't go out of my way to. Or even care. I drive a Ford, I play MIA and MIK (IMO some are just as good as MIA ones or even better) and play a made in England amp.

For a second I read lamp, and I was wondering what a lamp made in england was doing in your list, and how you "played" it.

My amp is MIA, though the tubes and stuff aren't. When I have money for 'Merica stuff I like to buy it, providing its actually better. Western Europe stuff is just as good though, if not better.

Mostly what I own now is all cheap import, but I'm a college student, so I can't be picky.
Quote by treborillusion
Aren't almost all the cars in Canada either made in America or in Mexico? I knew this Nissan out there that was made in Mexico...

Most of the "American" cars are made in Canada. Like Ford.
Quote by treborillusion

Nissan are a Japanese brand

Not American
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I don't even know.
I don't even care.
That sounds pretty negative of me.
But... I don't really care about that either.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
I try to buy American. I do buy American- or Japanese-made guitars & accessories. The Mexican-made models are just lower quality.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Most of the "American" cars are made in Canada. Like Ford.

Not all of them are. In fact, I wouldn't even say "most".
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jan 27, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Not all of them are. In fact, I wouldn't even say "most".

Context is specifically referring to Canada. lol.
It depends on what I'm buying. For the most part, I only try to buy American-made acoustics, tools, guns and gun parts, and knives.

I'm not terribly hung-up on "AMERICAN-MADE OR BUST", but they usually are superior to other products in their particular category.

Quote by Dreadnought
Eh yeah sometimes I try to, just because in some cases they are genuinely better products, ie most of the tactical clothing and outdoor gear I've worn/bought.

I ONLY wear NC Star gear and ONLY use NC Star optics, lasers, and lights!
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at Jan 27, 2013,
Quote by Skynyrd890
It depends on what I'm buying. For the most part, I only try to buy American-made acoustics, tools, guns and gun parts, and knives.

Yah, everything else in those departments (with the exception of acoustic guitars; the great ones come from all over) from other countries is pretty much garbage.
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Quote by Dreadnought
Yah, everything else in those departments (with the exception of acoustic guitars; the great ones come from all over) from other countries is pretty much garbage.

I wouldn't say "garbage" exactly (well, for tools I would), but I don't think there's much out there in those categories that America doesn't just do best...
id much rather buy englishmen
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Skynyrd890
I wouldn't say "garbage" exactly (well, for tools I would), but I don't think there's much out there in those categories that America doesn't just do best...

Ya I missed the bit about guns. Generally, I'm not a fan of American handguns.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Context is specifically referring to Canada. lol.

And I'm saying that the context should be international.
Quote by Dreadnought
Ya I missed the bit about guns. Generally, I'm not a fan of American handguns.

I like specific guns that are from all over (Glocks, German Sigs, CZ-75s, Beretta 92's and bobcat/tomcats, etc.), but if I just wanted a general design (1911 or revolver, for instance), I usually try to get American-made.

I think I'm making sense lol.
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at Jan 27, 2013,
Quote by WCPhils
Nissan are a Japanese brand

Not American

I know, I can't even imagine how you'd think I didn't know that.

I guess my point is 'or was', no cars (that I know of) are made in Canada nor do I know of any Canadian car companies.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Quote by treborillusion
I know, I can't even imagine how you'd think I didn't know that.

I guess my point is 'or was', no cars (that I know of) are made in Canada nor do I know of any Canadian car companies.

Um...as Thrash pointed out, some Ford cars are made in Canada.
Page 1 of 2