Page 1 of 2
So, I can't say I've seen a good electronic music appreciation thread, and I think it's time that was changed.

Now, I'm sure this thread will get a lot of stick from the Metalhead crowd (Who cares about Metalheads these days?), I'm sure we'll get the usual "Aphex Twin/Moby/Simon Posford doesn't play an instrument, he's not a real musician!" comments, which are very ignorant.

1) Bach, Mozart, Holst, Penderecki, none played their music, they simply composed it, one of the main things done by Jean Michel Jarre, Aphex Twin, Moby

2)Keyboards, CDJs

So, now, we're not bigots here (Not as far as I'm aware, anyway), so all is welcome.
Give me your Psytrance, bring me your Jungle, show me your Ambient, your New Age, your Forest, your Industrial, the progressive and perhaps even the hip-hop.

Here's a few of my favourite tracks:

Ambient - Carbon Based Lifeforms - Frog

Psybient - Shpongle - Star Shpongled Banner

Progressive Ambient.New Age(?) - Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Full)

Now, go, give me your electronic delicacies!
Because there certainly aren't several electronic threads over in the "Other" subforum of B&A.
*your ad here*
I.might enjoy this thread alot since i have embraced the greatness of Aphex Twin but I have no clue whatsoever about electronic music. And yes im a metalhead ololo
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Ometh
I.might enjoy this thread alot since i have embraced the greatness of Aphex Twin but I have no clue whatsoever about electronic music. And yes im a metalhead ololo

Listen to these:

Boards of Canada - Geogaddi
Burial - Untrue
Four Tet - There Is Love In You
Brian Eno - On Land
Tangerine Dream - Rubycon
Tim Hecker - Ravedeath 1972
Ben Frost - By The Throat
DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
Autechre - Incunabula
Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
Last edited by BenRaah at Jan 27, 2013,
Quote by Owenlee55

1) Bach, Mozart, Holst, Penderecki, none played their music, they simply composed it, one of the main things done by Jean Michel Jarre, Aphex Twin, Moby

^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I like electronic music more when there's kind of an acoustic organic sound mixed in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-DPJBXg1t8

Favorite electronic arists are:

Boards Of Canada
Bonobo
Plaid
Ochre
Autechre
Aphex Twin
Flying Lotus
Nujabes
ITT: People only post ludicrously experimental/ambient music because saying "Yeah, Electro House is banging" would be insta-flaming

EDIT: Ben Rah did okay with Burial and Flying Lotus.
Download the UG Electronic album 3 (it's stickied currently), and also listen to this prick's music.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Jan 27, 2013,
Quote by rockingamer2
Yeah, I found that a little cringeworthy myself. I can just picture the Xiaoxi replies to stuff like that.
Quote by Owenlee55
1) Bach, Mozart, Holst, Penderecki, none played their music, they simply composed it

Looooooooool

I mean...are you really this ignorant?
It was my privilege
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jan 27, 2013,
Quote by willT08
ITT: People only post ludicrously experimental/ambient music because saying "Yeah, Electro House is banging" would be insta-flaming

Nothing posted so far in this thread is 'ludicrously experimental'
Quote by BenRaah
Nothing posted so far in this thread is 'ludicrously experimental'

You posted Tangerine Dream for god sake. And made the backhanded "just dance music" quip.
Okay, here's some

I think that's enough embedded stuff for one thread, but also:
Burial, Swarms and Phaeleh for chilled out dubstep
Alva Noto - idm
BT - you should know him but he does a bit of everything
Halou - more triphop
SONOIO, Late of the Pier, Art vs Science, Ou Est Le Swimming Pool, Robots in Disguise - electronic/rock crossover stuff
Infected Mushroom, Astrix, Fatali - psytrance

EDIT: ninja'd on a couple of those, but that's fine.
Last edited by captainsnazz at Jan 27, 2013,
Quote by willT08
You posted Tangerine Dream for god sake. And made the backhanded "just dance music" quip.

Tangerine Dream isn't ludicrously experimental. Go listen to Stockhausen or Alvin Lucier.
BT's This Binary Universe is the masterpiece of this entire genre, NUFF SAID
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Quote by Owenlee55
Bach, Mozart, Holst, Penderecki, none played their music,

Bach was more renowned in his own time as a keyboard virtuoso than a composer. You picked a bad way to make your point.
Quote by BenRaah
Tangerine Dream isn't ludicrously experimental. Go listen to Stockhausen or Alvin Lucier.

You're saying this like I don't already listen to Stockhausen. He got mentioned in my lecture the other day thinking about it.

Give me a minute and i'll come back with some good, straight up Dance music
Quote by Ometh

Check out:
Royksopp - Eple
Aphex Twin - Alberto Balsalm/Love 7/4/Xtal
Solar Quest - Save The Whale
Kraftwerk - Radioactivity/The Model/Man Machine
Shpongle - Shpongleyes
Leila - Underwaters
Moby - Mistake/In this world/Porcelain
Carbon Based Lifeforms - Supersede/Polynomial
1200 Micrograms - This is a joint/Africa/Shivas india
Dohm - Tabby tail in heaven (Lithuanian Forest Psy)
Re-Horakhty - Dungeon Keeper (Lithuanian Forest Psy)
Quote by Nietsche
Bach was more renowned in his own time as a keyboard virtuoso than a composer. You picked a bad way to make your point.

Shieet.

Also, check out:

Mos Def - Kalifornia
Yassin Bey - Niggas in poorest

Not electronic, but good hip-hop/rap
Can't be assed to link videos for everyone so names to look up

Credit
Direct
Rogue
Subvibe
Baauer
Shlohmo
TNGHT
Rameses B
Magnifikate
Dauwd
KOAN Sound (obviously)

Burial & Phaeleh have already mentioned but can't be recommended enough. XXYYXX and Koreless are also great. Also, the lack of Squarepusher is surprising.
Too lazy to post individual songs; but I really like:
Skream
Digital Mystikz
Logistics
Aphex Twin
Flying Lotus and the great majority of his label.
Pretty Lights and everything everyone from his label has put out as well.
High Contrast
Delta Heavy
The Crystal Method
Big Gigantic
Sub Focus
Silent Strike
Zeds Dead
Daft Punk
Flux Pavilion
Netsky
Kraftwerk
Orbital
KOAN Sound
And others that I can't recall...
Oh, and this cunt.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Last edited by Gorelord666 at Jan 27, 2013,
If you haven't heard most of the people in Gorelord's list you've got a lot of fun ahead of you.
I think I might start posting some of the electronic music I've composed on here, it will also be the first time anyone on here hears me sing.
Quote by boreamor
I'm a DJ and an electronic producer. Hell I prefer electronic music to rock and metal now. It's definitely an incredibly important genre of music for the world.

Yeah I used to only listen to classic rock and older metal, until I found Shpongle, which led me to discovering hundreds of amazing, diverse electronic artist.

I still listen to plenty of New Wave/punk (Costello, Pasti, Smiths, Joy Division etc) but electronic, especially ambient/chill (Like the song linked) is very important to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-N-yZDY2l4
Quote by edmodo23
I think I might start posting some of the electronic music I've composed on here, it will also be the first time anyone on here hears me sing.

I like where this thread is going.
Quote by Gorelord666

Pretty Lights and everything everyone from his label has put out as well.

His EDC live set is my latest run/work-out music
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Quote by Owenlee55
I'm not sure what this would be called, any ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0q1gCsZykg
IDM.

Aphex Twin, Boards Of Canada and Autechre are the holy trinity of IDM, despite how ill the name actually is.
Page 1 of 2