Page 3 of 4
girls may show as much as they want. it's certainly rude, however, to pay more attention to their breast than to their face. probably makes them feel like that's all they're worth, i guess. it's just so hard to help it sometimes.
It's funnier when you have both cleavage and a bulge down there.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
It's even harder when you sneak a quick peak and notice a bit of areola peeking back.

Your quick peek is then unresolved and you have to look again and as she's talking to you, you listen and you're looking at her eyes and you fight to keep them there but you are sure she can tell you really really just want to look at her tits again.

You want to tell her because it's the right thing to do rather than leave her walking around like that all day but then you have to admit to having looked already.
Si
Quote by 20Tigers
It's even harder when you sneak a quick peak and notice a bit of areola peeking back.

Your quick peek is then unresolved and you have to look again and as she's talking to you, you listen and you're looking at her eyes and you fight to keep them there but you are sure she can tell you really really just want to look at her tits again.

You want to tell her because it's the right thing to do rather than leave her walking around like that all day but then you have to admit to having looked already.

Oh, that is terrible. So many potential issues with that. I don't even know if I want to see the little peek of titty back, because im not sure if the positives are worth the issues associated with the viewing. especially if she picked up on you taking a peek and later realised the visibility.
Quote by 20Tigers

I like
See you just have to determine where the line is between a healthy amount of cleavage and an attention *****-y amount.

When it's excessive, I feel no shame in looking. I generally avoid it in this case though because that's clearly what they want.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
don't really look. i also don't really check out girls in general, makes me kind of feel like i'm violating someone. but it's more because i just don't give a shit. like i'll be with my friends at the mall and they'll be pointing out every hot girl and telling me to look. i usually tell them i didn't see them, but honestly i don't really try to look because i don't see any point in it.
Last edited by Dregen at Jan 29, 2013,
Quote by food1010
See you just have to determine where the line is between a healthy amount of cleavage and an attention *****-y amount.

When it's excessive, I feel no shame in looking. I generally avoid it in this case though because that's clearly what they want.

So... when it's excessive, they want you to look, and there is no shame in looking you don't because they so clearly want you to look.

Which seems to imply that when they are showing a "healthy" amount and don't necessarily want you to look, then even though there is more shame in it, you are more likely to look.

I feel some days on a psychiatrists couch are in your future my friend.
Si
Quote by OddOneOut
So long as not all attention is paid to my cleavage it's cool. I don't appreciate guys talking to my breasts instead of my face.

Then don't have them out on display if you don't want them glared at, you bastard.

I don't understand these girls who wear low-cut shit and make no effort to cover it up, yet bitch and moan about guys looking. Really? It's like the Adam & Eve thing all over again. Just annoys me.
Quote by nincompoop
Then don't have them out on display if you don't want them glared at, you bastard.

I don't understand these girls who wear low-cut shit and make no effort to cover it up, yet bitch and moan about guys looking. Really?

Pure evil, man.
Recently posted in gifs thread by whywefight. Fits well in here

People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
Sometimes I see cleavage on a TV show and I have to watch the whole thing even if the show is mediocre. Like 'Rules Of Engagement' one of the chicks in that had a brilliantly low cut top. Same with 'New Girl'.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Weaponized
It makes me feel awkward tbh

this, i'm usually like "cool i guess but uh k"
Quote by 20Tigers
So... when it's excessive, they want you to look, and there is no shame in looking you don't because they so clearly want you to look.

Which seems to imply that when they are showing a "healthy" amount and don't necessarily want you to look, then even though there is more shame in it, you are more likely to look.

I feel some days on a psychiatrists couch are in your future my friend.
Because I'm reluctant to give people the type of gratification they are looking for? You're probably spot on.

I've had a bit too much bourbon for this anyway so I might be missing your point entirely.

It's kind of like the forbidden fruit analogy. I'm kind of turned off by women who are too forthcoming. It's just like when someone is too clingy or openly emotional in a relationship. People are much more drawn to someone who doesn't give them an immediate demonstration of attraction. People want what they can't have, because it relieves the desire which is based on the uncertainty and unfamiliarity. So when someone dresses conservatively, it leaves more to the imagination. I guess it's less about how they want you to see them and more about the uncertainty.

I do really enjoy discussing psychology. It's a wonder why I've never taken a psych class in my life. One of the two times I've ever had a counseling session I found myself ranting about how much differently musicians perceive music than non-musicians and how differently musicians perceive music compared to other musicians. She was pretty surprised by how much thought I've put into music and how it's perceived and how articulately I could describe it. It was pretty cool.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Jan 29, 2013,
Quote by 20Tigers

I know that feel, bro.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen you before.
Quote by chev311e
I don't think I looked at her eyes one time, does that mean I win?

Yes.
Quote by nincompoop

I don't understand these girls who wear low-cut shit and make no effort to cover it up, yet bitch and moan about guys looking. Really? It's like the Adam & Eve thing all over again. Just annoys me.

You're trying to insult me because I said its OK to look at my cleavage just not stare constantly at it? I don't like wearing very high cut tops because they make me look ugly. Next you'll be saying its a woman's fault for getting raped because she wore provocative clothing.
When competitive male swimmers wear tight trunks it doesn't make it OK for me to stare at their crotch constantly when talking to them.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

^ That just reminds me of Community.

"I know it's tempting to sneak a peek, but I need your eyes right up here"

Although, to be fair, it's a huge stretch to go from "don't have them out on display if you don't want anyone to look" to "don't have them out on display if you don't want anyone to RAAAPE".

Quote by food1010

This is way messed up.

If I know that someone's doing something for the attention I ignore them, it's better for them. So yes, you should feel shame in encouraging unhealthy behavior.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jan 29, 2013,
Quote by OddOneOut
You're trying to insult me because I said its OK to look at my cleavage just not stare constantly at it? I don't like wearing very high cut tops because they make me look ugly. Next you'll be saying its a woman's fault for getting raped because she wore provocative clothing.

Please, you know damn well that wearing low-cut shit is going to draw attention. Don't want that attention? Wear high-cut tops an look ugly!

If I walk around with my dick out, I'm expecting people to look. I don't understand how it's any different for women.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
I wear a poncho over a poncho at all times, so I have no problem.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by chev311e
I don't think I looked at her eyes one time, does that mean I win?

She has a eyes????
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Skynyrd890
Please, you know damn well that wearing low-cut shit is going to draw attention. Don't want that attention? Wear high-cut tops an look ugly!

If I walk around with my dick out, I'm expecting people to look. I don't understand how it's any different for women.

Or I can just carry on wearing the clothes I like because it's nobody's business what I wear.

it's still rude to talk to someone in person and not look at their face, regardless of what they're wearing. it's also still rude to stare.

inb4 feminazi
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
it doesn't make it OK for me to stare at their crotch constantly when talking to them.

But guys like it when girls stare.

I've got both sometimes. I mean, not on purpose, but sometimes it just won't stay in between by legs. In that case it just looks creepier than normal.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
But guys like it when girls stare.

Only if they're good looking, and I'd take that as an indication that they wanna make some sweet lovin'. (And then I'd get shy and run away.)
Quote by whywefight
41 seconds for me. A spartan effort if I may say so myself.

Sounds like you are roughly 80% gay.
Quote by Skynyrd890

I doubt girls ever get angry for a little peek, but blatantly staring is just rude regardless of the teatiness on display. Whatever you do to look good, when in a conversation, usually you still want people to be talking to you and not your boobs/junk/whatever.

Actually, occasionally on late nights I come across drunk guys having a piss by the sidewalk. Schlongs out and everything, it's all very visible but I really don't take more than a glance. With them being shitfaced and all they probably wouldn't care that much, but I guess I just don't feel it's necessary to stare. Then again, I'm not a massive fan of dick, but I'd act approximately the same if it was a girl flashing or whatever.
REGGIE
Quote by OddOneOut
Or I can just carry on wearing the clothes I like because it's nobody's business what I wear.

it's still rude to talk to someone in person and not look at their face, regardless of what they're wearing. it's also still rude to stare.

inb4 feminazi

Cracked actually has an interesting article on exactly this issue today.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-youre-accidentally-making-everyone-hate-you_p2/ (it's number one on the list)
Let's start small: In a previous article, we talked about the classic male/female conflict over not putting the toilet seat down. The reason it's such a sore subject in some couples is that, as we explained, it demonstrates that the man simply isn't factoring in the woman's needs at all. It's not that he intentionally wants to make her life worse, or that he hates her or feels any negative emotion whatsoever. Why would he? The seat is where he likes it, he has the power, everything is fine. It's not even that he disagrees on the issue; it's that he refuses to acknowledge it as an issue at all.

It's one of those things that people from a different perspective just don't see as a problem. Guys don't mind being looked at, so why should anybody else? Thus, guys not only don't think it's a big deal, we don't even see it as a problem to begin with.

It's not intentional, it's not sexist or bigoted or whatever, it's simply being on a different side of an issue from where it doesn't even look like a problem. Theo might be able to have a clearer view on this subject, being able to look at it from both sides.

EDIT: just to be clear, its about the whole "I wear what I want without people having to look" vs "If you wear things like that, of course people are going to look" issue, not staring.

Because staring is rude.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Cracked actually has an interesting article on exactly this issue today.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-youre-accidentally-making-everyone-hate-you_p2/ (it's number one on the list)

It's one of those things that people from a different perspective just don't see as a problem. Guys don't mind being looked at, so why should anybody else? Thus, guys not only don't think it's a big deal, we don't even see it as a problem to begin with.

It's not intentional, it's not sexist or bigoted or whatever, it's simply being on a different side of an issue from where it doesn't even look like a problem. Theo might be able to have a clearer view on this subject, being able to look at it from both sides.

EDIT: just to be clear, its about the whole "I wear what I want without people having to look" vs "If you wear things like that, of course people are going to look" issue, not staring.

Because staring is rude.

That's more an explanation than saying it's right or wrong. For example, there might be some people (or children) who call black people ''niggers'', simply because that's the word they've been taught to use, being ignorant of historical/cultural connotation. Is it right for them to use that word just because they don't see it as a problem?

In this case, it might not be sexist or bigoted, but it is ignorant towards the women's side of the issue.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
If a girl has a low cut top, take a quick glance, but i don't stare, and if i get pulled up on it, i apologise.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
What this thread needs is a lesbian viewpoint.

That and more pictures.
Quote by So-Cal
What this thread needs is a lesbian viewpoint.

I wouldn't mind other girls staring at my cleavage.
Quote by Hydra150
*Kate Upton bikini stare down*

I'm not even sure how her face looks like, and i've watched that twice......
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by adamgur96
I'm not even sure how her face looks like, and i've watched that twice......

FUCCCCKKKKKKK I watched it before on mute and lasted 41 seconds then watched it again with headphones on and realized I only lost by 4 seconds....
Quote by OddOneOut

inb4 feminazi

Why do you like showing cleavage? Cause it makes your tits look nice? Well congratulations, everyone agrees. Please don't hold it against them.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.