Th3FooFighter
21 IQ
Hey guys, new to electric guitar, and looking to buy my first pedal. I have 40$ to Carvin Guitars, so I was looking at their pedals, specifically this one:

[forbidden link]

I looked up this pedal, and I found a few mentions of it being compatible with certain Carvin amps. I am not on a Carvin amp, (Behringer) so I do not know if this will work. I can't find anything saying that it WON'T either. Any help/advice from people who know Carvin products would be great.

Thanks

Edit: link was forbidden for some reason so... the pedal is the FS44L-V3M
Last edited by Th3FooFighter at Jan 29, 2013,
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
2,565 IQ
That's not an effects pedal, it's just a footswitch for a Carvin amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
AndyGray
UG Addict
1,267 IQ
Quote by Cathbard
That's not an effects pedal, it's just a footswitch for a Carvin amp.

Yes, the main difference:

Footswitch - changes the amps channels from clean to overdriven/lead
You usually plug your guitar straight into the amp & the footswitch into another jack-in on the amp

Effects - Add distortion, reverb, delay, wah /whatever to your sound
You usually plug your guitar into the effects pedal, then run another cable from that into the amp.

Only some footswitches work with certain amps. All effects pedals (as far as I know) work with any guitar/amp.
Th3FooFighter
21 IQ
Yes, thats what I thought and why I was confused... So are there any effects pedals on Carvin's website? Because I searched and searched and the footswitches are all I found, and I would really like to buy my pedal there because I have 40$ credit.