Hello. I have the following Problem. My Les Paul Guitar squeels on the Treble pickup. I tried it on other amps too. It squeels like when you are too close to the amp, but i am not. It squeels on medium gain and above. Lets say that it squeels on some light crunch blues settings too. So its not high gain problem.
it's probably microphonic

either get it repotted (only worth doing if it's a good pickup already, or still under warranty) or else just get a replacement better pickup which is already wax potted.

i guess loose screws etc. in the pickup's mounting could vibrate and also squeal, so it'd be worth checking that out too before forking out any cash for a new pickup
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Is it possible that my guitar is not shielded properly and needs an earth/ground lead?
could be but it shouldn't really make it squeal either. normally a loose ground just has more background hum/noise. EDIT: i think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?