kitarmen
3,019 IQ
Hello. I have the following Problem. My Les Paul Guitar squeels on the Treble pickup. I tried it on other amps too. It squeels like when you are too close to the amp, but i am not. It squeels on medium gain and above. Lets say that it squeels on some light crunch blues settings too. So its not high gain problem.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
it's probably microphonic

either get it repotted (only worth doing if it's a good pickup already, or still under warranty) or else just get a replacement better pickup which is already wax potted.

i guess loose screws etc. in the pickup's mounting could vibrate and also squeal, so it'd be worth checking that out too before forking out any cash for a new pickup
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

kitarmen
3,019 IQ
Is it possible that my guitar is not shielded properly and needs an earth/ground lead?
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
could be but it shouldn't really make it squeal either. normally a loose ground just has more background hum/noise. EDIT: i think.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp