Dave Frenzy
2,992 IQ
Hello Pit

I have been really trying to push my band recently over the Internet and It feels like I have hit a brick wall.

We have got good music uploaded, we have a Youtube, Reverbnation and Facebook page with just over 100 fans on it yet I feel like I'm stuck.

So where's the best place to go now? How can I increase the web fanbase?

Cheers
Dave - Attic Green
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,700 IQ
Um...make a bandcamp. Also, buy facebook ads.

That all said, try the band forum for better advice.

Edit:
Also, stop requiring facebook likes to get people to listen to your music. That's damn annoying and probably turns people off.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jan 29, 2013,
Obsceneairwaves
UG Member
1,001 IQ
you should promote them all to captains
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Dave Frenzy
2,992 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Also, stop requiring facebook likes to get people to listen to your music. That's damn annoying and probably turns people off.

I might turn it off actually, I have been thinking about doing it for a while but you can see why we have done it =/

I'll turn it off for a week and see how it goes
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,700 IQ
Quote by Dave Frenzy
I might turn it off actually, I have been thinking about doing it for a while but you can see why we have done it =/

I'll turn it off for a week and see how it goes

Yeah, but people are probably going, "Hey, I'll give it a listen and decide if I like it". Then, they see it requires a like to listen and they go, "Well...fuck it then." I gave you the benefit of the doubt personally and decided to like it to listen, but I was this close *holds thumb & finger less than a cm apart* to saying, "Fuck it then".

That said, your music is pretty cool. Has a lot of '70s Hard Rock influence. Kind of reminds me of Wolfmother, in that sense.
Dave Frenzy
2,992 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Yeah, but people are probably going, "Hey, I'll give it a listen and decide if I like it". Then, they see it requires a like to listen and they go, "Well...fuck it then." I gave you the benefit of the doubt personally and decided to like it to listen, but I was this close *holds thumb & finger less than a cm apart* to saying, "Fuck it then".

That said, your music is pretty cool. Has a lot of '70s Hard Rock influence. Kind of reminds me of Wolfmother, in that sense.

Cheers dude =)

I'm currently scouring the web to find out how to do it since Facebook have changed the layout of the settings menu AGAIN
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,700 IQ
Quote by Dave Frenzy
Cheers dude =)

I'm currently scouring the web to find out how to do it since Facebook have changed the layout of the settings menu AGAIN

If you go ahead and create a bandcamp, you can just upload all the songs there and link FB to bandcamp. It's much easier and cleaner. Also, you don't have to deal with stupid like it requiring likes or requiring that someone share before they download. You can even set it up so that it requires their email before they can download (which is something more people would be willing to do, because most people don't mind getting a small email about your band news every once in a while).
Dave Frenzy
2,992 IQ
Quote by moses132049
THIS.

I think I have cured it now.
Facebook have taken loads of privacy settings off and moved a bunch of them round. I dont know why they keep fixing things that arnt broken.

and I'll have a look at Band Camp and Myspace.

Thanks alot
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
jetwash69
884 IQ
Quote by Dave Frenzy
...I dont know why they keep fixing things that arnt broken...

Because Facebook sucks.
xxMr.Davexx
Semi okay guitar player
277 IQ
You guys sound really good; I went ahead and gave you a like.
I can never think of a good sig.
Dave Frenzy
2,992 IQ
Quote by xxMr.Davexx
You guys sound really good; I went ahead and gave you a like.

Cheers dude =) really appreciate it.

The problem we have is that we need people to share the page about with their friends.
The sad reality is that the industry seems to base a bands quality on the number of Facebook likes it has (Thats straight from Toby Jepson of Little Angels that I spoke to about it all) so the more likes a band has, the more chance it has of getting noticed =/
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band