Page 3 of 5
i also want new cymbals. i have a combination of Zildjian A's and A customs, a menil sound caster crash and a sabian splash that i got free that was bent. it sounds a little like a china, nice for little accents.

i will just get the 6 piece Zildjain A Custom set for $600.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I also want a shitload of Dunlop Ultex Jazz III's.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Quote by StrykVladzimsky

I find myself GASing for picks sometimes too, I want to get my hands on some John Petrucci Jazz IIIs.
I debut was pretty damn good. Pressure and Time was a ****ing masterpiece IMO. The new album is about at the same level as Before the Fire for me. Really damn good but not quite on par with Pressure and Time. I have yet to purchase the debut but I have the other two.

Ack- my bad!

I keep thinking of Pressure & Time as the debut, in part because I haven't been able to score the other 2 CDs.

"Pressure and Time was a ****ing masterpiece" is 100% true.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by griffin888
I find myself GASing for picks sometimes too, I want to get my hands on some John Petrucci Jazz IIIs.

Ultex= Awesome attack, fat shape
Jazz III =Awesome shape, could have better attack

Ultex Jazz III = PURE TOAAAAN!
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

I've been buying picks of exotic materials: hardened copper, carbon fiber, agate and jade have all proven to have some really nice benefits.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by StrykVladzimsky
Ultex= Awesome attack, fat shape
Jazz III =Awesome shape, could have better attack

Ultex Jazz III = PURE TOAAAAN!

I've tried nearly every kind of Jazz III, I always seem to go back to the red nylon max grips. I wish they would make a Gator Grip Jazz III. Probably the biggest reason I GAS for picks sometimes is that given how cheap they are, I can try any kind I want. I wish that was the case for other things. lol
Didnt read the rest of the thread but I'm GAS'ing for (off the top of my head):

Gibson or Collings ES-335
Fender Twin Reverb
G&L ASAT w/ Bigsby
A Maryland-made PRS (no Starla, Studio, or Mira )
Fender Champ (fvck yeah)
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I wish Gibson made LP Customs in greenburst stock, rather than having to wait 30 years for the silver to discolour in it's own.

Do the modern Silverburst finishes even discolour on their own?
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I've been buying picks of exotic materials: hardened copper, carbon fiber, agate and jade have all proven to have some really nice benefits.

Did you listen to Band of Skulls?
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by StrykVladzimsky

I love the feel of these but I'm mostly a rhythm players so I use jazz iii xls. They don't do ultex xls though
Izzy, do you like Band of Skulls?
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by CoreysMonster
Do the modern Silverburst finishes even discolour on their own?

I doubt it, but the old ones certainly did. The silver finish on the old guitars undergoes some kind of chemical reaction over time that changes it's colour from silver to green. It looks really cool.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 31, 2013,
Quote by Mephaphil
Izzy, do you like Band of Skulls?

I have heard a few of their songs and do like what I've heard. Forgotten the name of the song I really like but it's fairly new. The first single off the new alum I think. And yes, I'm now listening to Rival Sons because of you. They sound really cool. Cross between Aerosmith and Zeppelin.
I didn't recommend them, Danny did

They do seem quite cool.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

The guitar sounds like Jimmy Page too much I think. At least on the first album. I love page but it's nicer to hear an influence instead of a copy.
First, listen to "Pressure & Time"- the song from the album of the same name- then "Save Me", "White Noise" and "All over the Road". That will probably convince you to buy that album- not really a bad song on it.

Thought of something I want. A Mosrite Ventures clone. I played a Wilson (some low-volume production with "The Ventures" printed on the headstock) that was for sale for $400, just didn't have the available funds to swing it. I'd love an original, but I don't have $3,000 to dump at the moment.
Rosie, the hot, hot, HOT guitarist for Willy Moon, plays one of those, and gets a monster retro tone out of it.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 31, 2013,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Rosie, the hot, hot, HOT guitarist for Willie Moon, plays one of those, and gets a monster retro tone out of it.

You just intensified my GAS. Holy hell.
I want this bad.

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by dannyalcatraz
First, listen to "Pressure & Time"- the song from the album of the same name- then "Save Me", "White Noise" and "All over the Road". That will probably convince you to buy that album- not really a bad song on it.

My favorite song of that album is probably Young Love. If you buy the Itunes version you also get Company Man which is probably my favorite song by them.

Jordan, Manifest Destiny, and Run from a Revelation were probably my favorite of the new album.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
For the guitar or her?

Both. Maybe I'll buy one for my wife and just have her walk around with it.
That is a hell of a guitar though, the Mosrites I've played have always been top-notch.
Hey Danny. Did you listen to Band of Skulls?
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

I'm putting a deposit down on my new amp woohoo!
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Mephaphil
Hey Danny. Did you listen to Band of Skulls?

Yeah! "You're not pretty but you got it goin on"- liked it! Thanks for the heads up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS4aiS-2NlI&sns=em

Just got word from Tulsa Band Instruments: my Reverend 15th Anniversary Flatroc in gold metal flake #5 of 12 is being shipped!

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/products/guitars/jp-series.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcV_eFd199c&sns=em

Since blue metal flake #5 of 12 got sold in store before my online order for it was noticed- but after the computers processed it- the kind folks at the store threw in a Reverend hardshell case.

THAT is customer service!

(Scout's Honor: I will endeavor to make it sound sucker than the dude in the video does.)

(Now, if only ImageShack can untangle why their site locked up on me while I tried to make an account, I may be able to post pix of my gear, present and impending...)

This one? But blue?
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Yeah- blue was what I wanted.

But #5 and #9 got sold before I could purchase, and the reds and greens were all sold out. Even the earlier non-metallic versions of the 15th Ann Flatroc are virtually all sold.

All I could find were silvers or golds.

Still..that don't suck, and I bet only Eric Johnson would be able to tell the difference just hearing them...

"Your Flatroc sounds...turquoise, while his has a tobacco burst tone. And those guys are playing metal flake ones. tsk tsk Should have bought the RED- that gold sounds way too harsh."

I love those Reverends. Ever since seeing Cloud Nothings' singer rock one, they've really grown on me.
Yea it looks really awesome. I hope you get it soon.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

I think I said this before, but it wasn't even on my radar until a couple of weeks ago, when I got to try one out in a store.

I had been thinking about getting some TV Jones pickups for one of my other guitars- I have some compositions that would sound better with a convincing rockabilly twang. But the Revtron mini-HBs in the Flatroc should cover that nicely, and I get a Bigsby as a bonus.

Hmmm...now that i will have a sparkly guitar, maybe I should start dressing like Billy Zoom...

That kind of style is just common sense, man. You should do it, just because it's right.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Last edited by Mephaphil at Jan 31, 2013,
Quote by aerosmithfan95
Mesa Single Rectifier (the Dual Rectifier will be too much volume, I think.)

I just got one of these last week. I've got to get around to raising the ambition to take actual quality pictures, but then I'll be doing a NAD thread.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
I'd like a Parker and maybe some kind of modeling amp like AxeFX or something