Page 1 of 2
I surely can't be the only bloke to have gone and seen this. I was in it when I was 16, so I know the ins and outs and I still had a lump in my throat throughout. How can one film be so depressing

thoughts?
Didn't care for it. If you want a tear jerker watch The Impossible. So much more emotional.
Sail upon the open skies
Musicals suck
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
Musicals suck

people who like musicals suck
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous

Also gay

Tangle is gay
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Everyone has that one friend that has more showtunes than not showtunes on their mp3 player
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
tangle is that friend (not that i would ever admit to being friends with that gayboi anyway)
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I watch one movie max a week. There has been too much better stuff.

I might watch it Friday, as I'm not feeling Bullhead and I dont think I cba with schwarzenegger or stallone.

I like musicals but when it comes to films, I only like the classic musical films from the pre-50s though. So I've been avoiding it cause 2 1/2 hrs on something I usually don't like...
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Wreck it Ralph made me cry
Bayside - Duality
Aesop Rock - Bazooka Tooth
Horse the Band - The Mechanical Hand
Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us is the Killer
Common - Be
Battlestar Galactica is way better than Les Miz

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
It was good but the whole damn thing was sung so I barely understood any of it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Liam Neeson version was better.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
It means "The Miserable", I think.

\thread
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by lushacrous
Quote by bradulator
Musicals suck

Also gay

Tangle is gay
Came here to say all of this.
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
i went to go see it with a girl that scene with anne hathaway was the most uncomfortable scene you could watch with someoen you plan on having sex with

so to break the ice i whispered into her ear
"im worse"
As a film, it was kind of awful. It seems like the director (Tom Hooper) couldn't decide on the actual form and style of how he was going to shoot it. The scene with Anne Hathaway was done in one shot and it just dragged on and on yet there were other scenes that were so choppy with different shots it just didn't seem real. The acting/singing wasn't anything to write home over and it just wouldn't freaking end.
The movie had flaws but I enjoyed it. 8/10
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Gonna try and watch it this weekend, probably won't though as I have shed loads of other films / TV series that I need to get watched
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I watched it, and as a fan of the musical already, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sure it was perfect, but it was a thoroughly entertaining film.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I have a lot of films to catch up on, and i have never seen the play, or been interested in seeing it, plus i heard the film is oscar bait and kind of shitty, so i will probably either never watch it, or watch it under certain circumstances.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by bradulator
Musicals suck

455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
I haven't seen it, but from what snippets I've heard of the music it strikes me as a sort of contemporary opera that's just not appealing to me at all.

So no, I don't really want to see a music with music I won't like.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I'm looking forward to seeing it. I've never liked Les Mis but mainly because I just don't think it works on a stage. It takes place over such a long period of time that it's hard to fit it in a theatre if you know what I mean? In a film it can be "bigger".

I also don't like it when people sing musicals straight (lol). The whole point is that the songs should be acted. I've known a few people who didn't like acting the songs because then they couldn't show off their voices, but that's not what it's about. The film looks good because they're actually acting it.

So yeah, looking forward to it even though I don't like Les Mis a great deal.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Musical haters suck.

For example Sweeny Todd was fantastic as a musical, but the film was meh.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
I think most people's perceptions of musicals have been warped by Mamma Mia or something, Les Mis is hardly like that, they're pretty much polar opposites.

I haven't seen the film version, but I've seen the stage version and it's great. I've seen other musicals on the stage too, and enjoyed them all. The campy, silly kind of musical is a fairly small part of the whole genre.
I liked it, but some of the editing was a bit substandard especially in the songs near the end. a few occasional end word cut off, and dodgy angles.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Watched it last night and cried like a bitch. I'm not sure if it was as well put together as it could have been, but the performances were just fantastic. Very heavily acted singing, which made it a lot more intense, sometimes uncomfortably so, but the Sacha Baron Cohen/Helena Bonham Carter bits provided relief when it got a bit too much.
Music was badass; used to sing that stuff in choir all the time, so it got me right in the feels.

9/10. Perhaps not a Best Picture winner, but Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman have pretty strong cases for their categories.
Could've been good. Wasn't.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen
Is SpongeBob in it?
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Page 1 of 2