Rensa
Rene
3,103 IQ
Hey i used to use 09 strings and just bought 011 will my fingers just have to get used to the tencion? I really love the sounds of thicker strings.

Do i just have to train my fingers stronger?
Wolfinator-x
Teeth
1,337 IQ
Yes. Put them through an extensive workout and get them to drink protein shakes. Always wear tight but comfortable clothing and bring a towel to clean the machinery. I suggest putting on the some 80's tunes to work out to.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.
Artists I'm listening to a lot lately:
Stray Cats, Gustav Holst

Mah Youtube vids.
if you truly loved me, you'd watch them (psst; it's not just glam stuff)

Mah Soundcloud
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Don't grip to hard, move up and down slowly at first and gradually work your way to playing full speed, keep that up and down motion (scales are great practice!), and if need be add some lubricant to make it easier and feel nicer

Glad I could help
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
whoomit
1,492 IQ
Quote by WCPhils
Don't grip to hard, move up and down slowly at first and gradually work your way to playing full speed, keep that up and down motion (scales are great practice!), and if need be add some lubricant to make it easier and feel nicer

Glad I could help

Skynyrd890
Unregistered User
506 IQ
You'll get used to it, but be prepared to take a step back and slow down everything you were able to play, for a while. I switched to .11's-.13's for all my guitars (acoustics and electrics), and I haven't been happier. They sound good, they feel good... It just takes a while to build up the strength to be able to bend them effectively, and get good strong callouses.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
whoomit
1,492 IQ
Quote by WCPhils
Oh look, it's Ian

Took me 10 minutes, but I get it.

Good one Pat.
cptcomet
Band
648 IQ
You can only play 11s if you were born under a full moon.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,245 IQ
Quote by WCPhils
Oh look, it's Ian

That's harsh.
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
SexyLikeAPig
Don't judge us fat girls
59 IQ
Quote by WCPhils
Oh look, it's Ian

Dude, that's clearly not Ian. Bears don't match Ian's personality at all. Bears aren't snappy and sarcastic.

RIP Adam
Crazyedd123
Seeking electricity
2,158 IQ
I read the title and thought this was about girls...

>_>

<_<

I'm disappoint.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Skullivan
EG Fan aka Bandwagoner
1,556 IQ
Quote by cptcomet
You can only play 11s if you were born under a full moon.

SRV must've been born under under a blue moon then.
donender
Get back to work
2,047 IQ
Yeah you get used to it. I play 11s because i always used to hit the strings too hard and snapped them all the time. I've calmed down since then but i've got used to 11s and i like the tone.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
SexyLikeAPig
Don't judge us fat girls
59 IQ
It can be difficult at first, but you learn to...

RIP Adam
Joshua Garcia
Joshole
5,702 IQ
That sounds incredibly risky. I wouldn't try it.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Have anybody went on high lately?
v Smash dat mf
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
11s are awsome, once you get used to them you will turn your nose up to anything under 11s!

This.

I personally love11s (at least, 11-52s). In fact, on my 2nd electric, for awhile I had 13s (13-60). You do need to build up finger strength and grow better callouses is all, TS.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jan 30, 2013,
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
I don't even know what size strings are on my guitar. They're just whatever came with my Schecter :/
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Wiegenlied
Registered Usurper
1,620 IQ
Why not use light-top heavy bottoms? You get the thickness and tone out of the lower strings and the higher strings remain around the size of 10s. Pretty much eliminates all difficulty that comes with bending thicker gauge.

I use 12s on my acoustics and light-top heavy bottoms on my electrics. I've used 11's before and while you think bending won't be a problem while practicing, once you get into fast Jimmy Page-esque where you're bending 16th notes up in the middle of phrases, it becomes next to impossible. Not to mention if you run into 2 step or 2 1/2 step bends. You're pretty much out of luck
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Wiegenlied
I use 12s on my acoustics and light-top heavy bottoms on my electrics. I've used 11's before and while you think bending won't be a problem while practicing, once you get into fast Jimmy Page-esque where you're bending 16th notes up in the middle of phrases, it becomes next to impossible. Not to mention if you run into 2 step or 2 1/2 step bends. You're pretty much out of luck

If you build up your finger strength enough (like I and many others have), then it doesn't become a problem at all. In fact, it makes you a better guitar player overall, because greater finger strength can allow you to do many techniques with greater ease (as you won't need to build up strength as much). Yes, for about a month, you may issues, but if you practice more than 5 minutes a week, then you'll be fine after that month.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jan 30, 2013,
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,130 IQ
11s are heavy?
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Quote by WhiskeyFace
I'd hate to have to go from 09s to 11s

I went from 9s to 12s once, terrible idea. I've worked my way back to 9s since then.
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,130 IQ
Quote by desperatechris
Change to 13s and tune to E.

Enjoy the pain! mohaha

Nah. Play pedal steel guitar with fingers instead of a slide.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16

Read this please.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT

Just wanted to post that.

One of my favorite gifs of all time.
desperatechris
Banned
719 IQ
Quote by theogonia777
Nah. Play pedal steel guitar with fingers instead of a slide.

Haha your right, That would be worse.
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,130 IQ
Quote by desperatechris
Haha your right, That would be worse.

Yup, nothing quite like going from 09s to 13s with a string height of 1 1/2"+.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

Quote by Arby911

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16

Read this please.
TooktheAtrain
Banned
184 IQ
I put .13s on my archtop after regularly playing .9s get on my level.

Anyways, yeah, they'll get used to it. Your fingers probably need a couple of weeks to get adjusted fully.
Hereiwas
"Alex"
2,000 IQ
what you should really worry about is the damage that 11s will do to your amp.

You'll probably want to get a new one.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Wiegenlied
Registered Usurper
1,620 IQ
Quote by theogonia777
11s are heavy?

Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?