I have a Peavey Classic 50 212 combo. There are 2 jacks on the back of the "head" part of the combo, one for 16ohms and one for 8ohms. The combo's speakers are plugged by one jack into the 16ohms jack, so is it possible to stick that 1/4in cable from the combo's speakers into a new head? I just don't want to experience any problems I didnt account for...
Thanks
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Last edited by Dave Gilmour at Jan 30, 2013,
Damn David Gilmour, I'm a huge fan. Yes you can do that. Just make sure to use a 16 ohm speaker cabinet.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Thank you, but no, the "speaker cab" would be the peavey combo's speakers... and the head would be a new head. So do you mean I would have to plug the Peavey's speakers into the 16 ohm in the back of the new head?
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Yup, but make sure you match the impedance loads (16 ohms) to limit the stress.

Having removable wiring between the amplifier stage and speaker in the combo is a feature meant to be used to plug the amp into larger speaker enclosures, but it can also be used to make the amp into an extension cab, itself.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by Dave Gilmour
Thank you, but no, the "speaker cab" would be the peavey combo's speakers... and the head would be a new head. So do you mean I would have to plug the Peavey's speakers into the 16 ohm in the back of the new head?

Yes, sorry I misunderstood you... But either way, the combo is acting as a 16 ohm speaker cabinet, so you need a 16 ohm head.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
yep that should work, as long as the cable stretches.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?