Poll: Why are fat people fat?
Poll Options
View poll results: Why are fat people fat?
because they're lazy
58 48%
medical condition/emotionally damaged
10 8%
CAKE!!!!!
53 44%
Voters: 121.
Page 1 of 4
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
770 IQ
So there was a discussion in one of my classes that I overheard over the situation with fat people:

One side said fat people are fat because they are lazy, slobs who just love to eat.

The other side said fat people are emotionally damaged and that food is their way of comforting them, or is due to a medical condition.

I think this might be a tough one, though it's not the same with every fat person, but I do know some that are fat because they're emotionally damaged, but I also know some that are fat because they are lazy slobs.

Discuss this Pit
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
832 IQ
All of the above.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,246 IQ
What are we supposed to discuss about this? You've pretty much answered your own question, those two are the main of the reasons why people over-eat and get fat.
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 30, 2013,
willT08
Banned
2,923 IQ
Fat people don't get fat by accident. Being morbidly obese doesn't just creep up on you. You have to notice you're getting fatter and say "Ah fuck it" and do nothing about it.

Applies whether what needed to be done was physical or emotional help, either way you made a conscious decision to be a fat shit.
Obsceneairwaves
UG Member
1,001 IQ
fatties gon' fat

It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
Fat people need to stop treat it like it's their only consolidiation and until then they are just mentally weak.

It's a mental illness / addiction basically and in the end it's up to themselves to do something about it. I ahve little sympathy for fatties who blame something else, society, or some dumb external effect.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jan 30, 2013,
captainsnazz
~
578 IQ
Quote by willT08
Fat people don't get fat by accident. Being morbidly obese doesn't just creep up on you. You have to notice you're getting fatter and say "Ah fuck it" and do nothing about it.

Applies whether what needed to be done was physical or emotional help, either way you made a conscious decision to be a fat shit.

Yeah, this.

Also cake.
adamgur96
Not caring no more
865 IQ
It depends on the person, etc, yada yada
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Obsceneairwaves
UG Member
1,001 IQ

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Weaponized
1,756 IQ
The fattest guy I know is neither He works out all the time, works, has a healthy social life, a gf etc.

He's just really fat. I know other really fat people that just eat really unhealthy so all the times they have tried to work out didnt work.
adamgur96
Not caring no more
865 IQ
^^
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Mister.Y
something something
788 IQ
There are cultural factors as well. In a lot of places unhealthy (fat) food is cheaper than healthy food. Of course it's ultimately a personal decision, but the fastfood culture in a lot of western countries increases the availability of unhealthy, albeit cheap, junk, which makes it easier to resort to when you're poor.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
ali.guitarkid7
Gets Easier
2,304 IQ
So is no one fat because they like it?

Okay.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Ali priori / Ali posteriori
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Jesus christ Ali is a nutcase

I actually feel sorry for him, like seriously, get help
willT08
Banned
2,923 IQ
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Okay.

If they are they're a bona fide moron.
Telecaster7
Call me Leon
1,439 IQ
I'd link to one of Ricky Gervais' rants about fat people but he does one in most things he does so it seems a bit useless. Anyway I agree with him that the vast majority of fatties are just lazy idiots who need to stop eating fast food and go for a fucking run. Yes, some people are fat because of glandular problems and they are fighting a losing battle, but anyone who says "Oh it's in my genes" needs to get outside and do some shit, because even though fatness is in your genes, it's obvious that exercise isn't.

You may say I'm being harsh, but the country I live in has the fattest population per capita (or most obese or something, the point is we're all fat bastards) and you can't seriously tell me that all of these people are helpless against an unstoppable fat infection.
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Okay.

Maybe there is. But then they are just really really ******ed. Like really ******ed.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
ali.guitarkid7
Gets Easier
2,304 IQ
Oh, okay. I'm not one of them

Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Quote by GuitarGod_92

T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,246 IQ
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Maybe there is. But then they are just really really ******ed. Like really ******ed.

Some people dig fat chicks.
Quote by Axelfox
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Oh, okay. I'm not one of them

You don't look obese in your photos

THere's a difference. Plus, you're doing a bunch of stuff according to element's fitness thread
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Crofty89
I came here to rock
727 IQ
It's possible to be healthy and of a size that is considered fat, you know. There's far more reasons than just lazyness or eating disorders. There's the efficiency of your body's metabolism, how much water your body retains, variations in muscle structure, body shape and fat distribution, hypothyroidism and a dozen other factors. Not forgetting, of course, being comfortable with your own body and not giving a damn whether people consider you fat or not.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
ali.guitarkid7
Gets Easier
2,304 IQ
Quote by WCPhils
You don't look obese in your photos

THere's a difference. Plus, you're doing a bunch of stuff according to element's fitness thread

Trick photography.

But I was really just kidding
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Quote by GuitarGod_92

strat0blaster
growing out of the snake
1,098 IQ
Well, this is going to be an unhealthily large discussion...
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
WaterGod
BernieBro
541 IQ
If there's anything I learned from exercise phys it's that obesity is caused by an obsession with huge portion sizes and lack of exercise. That's why Americans are so fat because we love to gorge are selves on mcnuggets and can't go 50 feet without our car.
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,246 IQ
Quote by Crofty89
It's possible to be healthy and of a size that is considered fat, you know. There's far more reasons than just lazyness or eating disorders. There's the efficiency of your body's metabolism, how much water your body retains, variations in muscle structure, body shape and fat distribution, hypothyroidism and a dozen other factors. Not forgetting, of course, being comfortable with your own body and not giving a damn whether people consider you fat or not.

All of that can helped by eating healthily and exercising regularly.
Quote by Axelfox
Obsceneairwaves
UG Member
1,001 IQ
not a single vote for medical condition/emotionally damaged

nice

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Ninja#117
23 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

yup.

In late HS i started to go down the fat road. I was 5'8 but nearly 215 lbs and believe me it wasnt a cut NFL RB 215 either. I used to play football but i got hurt and let myself completely go.

I started to get picked on and i couldnt accept chicks calling me fat and shit so i damn near killed my self getting back into exercise. It was tough at first but i've since got it down and i now stand at a cut 5'10 205 lbs.

If its not some gland problem which i have been lead to believe is very rare then its either on your parents if they let your spoiled ass eat what ever you wanted coming up or on yourself for watching as the weight piled on every day when you got up and looked in the mirror. Either way it doesnt HAVE to stay that way fatties just rarely get up the self strength to make the change.

The poll is correct so far.

edit: the 5'8 to 5'10 jump is obivously from time passing and me getting taller and not from working out lol.
Knowledge is power
Last edited by Ninja#117 at Jan 30, 2013,
takachan
451 IQ
Although many people believe their weight gain to attribute to genetics by saying it runs in the family should also note that during the middle ages, most of the population were peasants and had a very hard time keeping weight being of lack of nutrition.
It is technically the calories you absorb day to day that contribute to your weight gain.

If you look at native populations of many countries, even if their diet consisted of heavy sides of meat and little vegetables, being morbidly obese almost never occurred in the youth.

Our bodies are very smart, yet very dumb in a sense.
When we are overweight for our height, even by just 20 pounds, our blood pressure goes up. When we are overweight, we tend to tire out a lot faster, and feel like we are going to die if we take that short walk, or feel pain in the legs due to all of our extra baggage.
Even so, the body chooses to keep absorbing all the fat in food that we consume.
A smart body would detect that we have enough fat and their is no need to store it, therefore it will automatically just shoot it off as waste.

But we have to understand that regular reflexes like breathing, digesting, heart rate, and other vital things are going on in the background and the conscious mind is what makes the most important decisions.

I believe once people understand how important the conscious mind is, we will understand that we can choose our fate, not only through what we eat. But also through what we choose to do with our daily habits and such.

Would I be against a pill that cures unnecessary weight gain? Of course not, why should I? It would be the same as me being against certain medication for people who have seizures and other disabilities. It would technically be more "natural" for them to stay the way they are, but it would also be more "natural" to keep the blind "blind" and the amputees "immobile".
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,246 IQ
Quote by Ninja#117
yup.

In late HS i started to go down the fat road. I was 5'8 but nearly 215 lbs and believe me it wasnt a cut NFL RB 215 either. I used to play football but i got hurt and let myself completely go.

I started to get picked on and i couldnt accept chicks calling me fat and shit so i damn near killed my self getting back into exercise. It was tough at first but i've since got it down and i now stand at a cut 5'10 205 lbs.

If its not some gland problem which i have been lead to believe is very rare then its either on your parents if they let your spoiled ass eat what ever you wanted coming up or on yourself for watching as the weight piled on every day when you got up and looked in the mirror. Either way it doesnt HAVE to stay that way fatties just rarely get up the self strength to make the change.

The poll is correct so far.

edit: the 5'8 to 5'10 jump is obivously from time passing and me getting taller and not from working out lol.

I admire your dedication, dude.

In other words, even in those other circumstances, overweight people still don't have an excuse.
Quote by Axelfox
CoreysMonster
Banned
8,557 IQ
I know a woman who has an actual medical reason for being overweight.

She'll put on insane water weight in her thighs or ankles or whatever literally overnight - she didn't slowly start gaining weight, it happened all at once. She takes medication and goes to regular checkups to supress whatever it is she has (she told me once but I forgot).

That being said, those are like 0.1% of fat people. A very, very small minority. Most people just eat to much and move too little.
Mister.Y
something something
788 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Hypothyroidism can't.
But you're right in the sense that most of those issues can't really account for obesity if you pair it with a healthy diet and excercise. You might be a bit heavier than most if you have several of those things, but it doesn't mean you're obese because of them.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,246 IQ
Quote by Mister.Y
Hypothyroidism can't.
But you're right in the sense that most of those issues can't really account for obesity if you pair it with a healthy diet and excercise. You might be a bit heavier than most if you have several of those things, but it doesn't mean you're obese because of them.

Exactly.
Quote by Axelfox
ShameofaNation
yep
797 IQ
I'd call it a mix of lazy and emotional damage.

It's more that they just get into a habit of eating and staying inside that they just don't have the willpower to break. At least that's how I was, then I just finally got tired of it and did sometime about it, successfully.

It's being weak, I guess.
3 Guitars >> Eleven Pedals >> Three Amps
Soundcloud

Quote by primusfan
> from louisville
> likes ween
> new favorite poster
Skullivan
EG Fan aka Bandwagoner
1,556 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Some people dig fat chicks.

I, for one, happen to be a chubby-chasing champion.
Danjo's Guitar
UG's Math/Physics Major
995 IQ
Emotionally damaged is a dumb excuse. I know a lot of emotionally damaged people, and only one of the ones I know is fat. (His mom is also literally a crack wh*re, so he never got the whole nutrition thing as a kid.) And hell, a healthy diet and regular exercise is guaranteed to make you feel better anyway.

And even if they do have a medical condition or something, theres no excuse if they aren't trying to do something about it. Hypothyroidism doesn't cause you to have a bad diet and to not exercise, it just makes it a lot harder to lose weight. And not as many people have hypothyroidism as claim to have it. I will give someone a break if they are at least trying to do something about their weight, but just wishing you weren't so fat isn't going to do something about it.
Joshua Garcia
Joshole
5,718 IQ
I think it's a little bit of both of those reasons. One isn't right-er than the other.

So I voted cake.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Have anybody went on high lately?
v Smash dat mf