Poll: Why are fat people fat?
Poll Options
View poll results: Why are fat people fat?
because they're lazy
58 48%
medical condition/emotionally damaged
10 8%
CAKE!!!!!
53 44%
Voters: 121.
Page 3 of 4
Quote by Cb4rabid
fat nigs be hating on my 5'11 130 pound frame

Lift some damn weights you stick!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Cb4rabid

You call that a frame, I call two toothpicks and a wad of gum a house!

Quote by Cb4rabid

directly after this post cb4rabid was tragically carried away by a strong breeze. May he be forever remember within the pit.
Knowledge is power
Being on the verge of obesity (well not really, but I am fatter than I should be 175 pounds at 6 foot where most of it is fat) I believe it's laziness. I could be in amazing shape if it weren't for the fact I'd rather sit in the pub and neck a few pints than go for a jog.

I sure as hell have the time to do so if I was motivated, but I'll sit down after a 9 hour shift and decide that a film would be better than exercise, and sticking a pizza in the oven is easier than preparing fresh food that's healthy.
Last edited by SG_dave at Jan 30, 2013,
Quote by SG_dave
Being on the verge of obesity (well not really, but I am fatter than I should be 175 pounds at 6 foot where most of it is fat) I believe it's laziness. I could be in amazing shape if it weren't for the fact I'd rather sit in the pub and neck a few pints than go for a jog.

I sure as hell have the time to do so if I was motivated, but I'll sit down after a 9 hour shift and decide that a film would be better than exercise, and sticking a pizza in the oven is easier than preparing fresh food that's healthy.

You're not even close to obese, dude.
I don't really know how people can get obese, like really obese, not just over weight. I know that some people get fat easier than others and that might be some of the cause, but when I was fat nearing 200 lbs I decided that I was getting too fat, and what I did was not even hard and I didn't even need to exercise (I'm doughy for that reason, though), I just started eating 3 meals and 3 snacks a day, nothing more and nothing less, I was fat because although I was lazy, I kept eating all the time. So to answer that question, I think it's a bit of both situations mentioned in the OP plus the fact that some people just gain weight a lot easier than others.
Quote by VillainousLatin
I don't really know how people can get obese, like really obese, not just over weight. I know that some people get fat easier than others and that might be some of the cause, but when I was fat nearing 200 lbs I decided that I was getting too fat, and what I did was not even hard and I didn't even need to exercise (I'm doughy for that reason, though), I just started eating 3 meals and 3 snacks a day, nothing more and nothing less, I was fat because although I was lazy, I kept eating all the time. So to answer that question, I think it's a bit of both situations mentioned in the OP plus the fact that some people just gain weight a lot easier than others.

Sometimes people just get to the point where they feel trapped, like they've gone beyond the point of no return weight-wise. Then they start getting down on themselves and just continue their unhealthy lifestyle thinking it's the only way.

No willpower.
Three Guitars >> Eleven Pedals >> Two Amps
Bandcamp (emo/indie/punk)

Quote by primusfan
> from louisville
> likes ween
> new favorite poster
Quote by ShameofaNation
Sometimes people just get to the point where they feel trapped, like they've gone beyond the point of no return weight-wise. Then they start getting down on themselves and just continue their unhealthy lifestyle thinking it's the only way.

No willpower.

Happened to me too, I also had a lot of self-esteem issues (still have some but I'm doing better) and I kinda self-sabotaged myself continuously thinking that I was already ruined and that there was no point in losing weight. The hardest part of losing weight is to accept that you in fact need lose weight and that you will be a lot better once you've done so, the losing weight itself part is not that hard.
Quote by VillainousLatin
Happened to me too, I also had a lot of self-esteem issues (still have some but I'm doing better) and I kinda self-sabotaged myself continuously thinking that I was already ruined and that there was no point in losing weight. The hardest part of losing weight is to accept that you in fact need lose weight and that you will be a lot better once you've done so, the losing weight itself part is not that hard.

Pretty much the same here. In 2010 I was 300lbs. One day I finally just had had enough and finally started doing something about it. I'm 210lbs now and still working at it.

It's not easy, but it's so worth the payoff.

Quote by primusfan
> from louisville
> likes ween
> new favorite poster
Quote by ShameofaNation
Pretty much the same here. In 2010 I was 300lbs. One day I finally just had had enough and finally started doing something about it. I'm 210lbs now and still working at it.

It's not easy, but it's so worth the payoff.

Wow that's great!

When I realized I had to lose weight was when I started having problems tying my shoes, I was around 200 but that was when I was starting highschool and I was probably a few inches shorter than I am now (5'8), it took me a few years to lose the weight because like I said, I didn't start a diet or something, I just changed my eating habits, and now thinking about how I was back then I'm really happy I decided to do it.
ITT: haters

actually ill admit, ive been trying to gain weight but ive realized that it's a lot harder than it sounds
pinga
Last edited by Cb4rabid at Jan 30, 2013,
How are you going to link being fat with one idea when both are true statements about fat people in general? It's cold because the suns down. No its cold cuz its windy. Both are true.
I can't think of a scenario where I'd be emotionally harmed and my coping response would be to eat.

My vote goes to lazy and in rare cases medical issues.
Obesity is bad, m'kay?

And it's because they are lazy. I gained 3 kgs in the last few months and it's completely my own fault for eating the wrong food and not exercising enough.

Basically had a lot of stress and drank too much cola, ate too much food and reintroduced my 4th meal.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

it's not the same with every fat person

there was no need for this thread at all
Quote by Neo Evil11
12 million Americans have eaten so much that they get thyroid disease.

I actually have no idea how you can get it.

it's not like you "catch" it.

I had thyroid cancer so I ended up having having two partial thyroidectomies in order to remove my thyroid (figured out it was cancer after the first, was supposed to be one go but their shitty test is shit). I'm on a thyroid pill for the rest of my life, and seven months after my initial surgery my thyroid levels are much lower than they should be (they are still trying to get everything stabilized and get me on the right pill). I perpetually have no energy, gained weight, I have like super impaired memory (weed & low thyroid levels so it's like double lul). It just plain sucks. I'd imagine most people have the issue for much longer than I'm having it as well.

Now plenty of people are fat just because of bad lifestyle. Plenty of people are skinny with just as bad of a lifestyle. Some people have medical issues contributing or causing their obesity and it probably isn't even diagnosed in a bunch of cases. You'd be surprised just how many people have thyroid issues and how much of an impact it can have on ppl. We can't shame dudes for taking advantage of drunk women but we can shame ppl with legitimate medical issues that can sometimes lead to major surgery. Okay.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
it's not like you "catch" it.

I had thyroid cancer so I ended up having having two partial thyroidectomies in order to remove my thyroid (figured out it was cancer after the first, was supposed to be one go but their shitty test is shit). I'm on a thyroid pill for the rest of my life, and seven months after my initial surgery my thyroid levels are much lower than they should be (they are still trying to get everything stabilized and get me on the right pill). I perpetually have no energy, gained weight, I have like super impaired memory (weed & low thyroid levels so it's like double lul). It just plain sucks. I'd imagine most people have the issue for much longer than I'm having it as well.

Now plenty of people are fat just because of bad lifestyle. Plenty of people are skinny with just as bad of a lifestyle. Some people have medical issues contributing or causing their obesity and it probably isn't even diagnosed in a bunch of cases. You'd be surprised just how many people have thyroid issues and how much of an impact it can have on ppl. We can't shame dudes for taking advantage of drunk women but we can shame ppl with legitimate medical issues that can sometimes lead to major surgery. Okay.

Sorry to hear that. But 12 million does sound like a bit too much though. that is what, 1/30 of the usa population? I really hate those guesses of the numbers, they are usually outrageous.

Edit. the elderly apparently have a lot of thyroid problems. Ofcourse that the number is so high.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Jan 30, 2013,
Quote by Neo Evil11
Sorry to hear that. But 12 million does sound like a bit too much though. that is what, 1/30 of the usa population? I really hate those guesses of the numbers, they are usually outrageous.

I wouldn't doubt the number. Once I started throwing around the c-word (because I've earned it) heard quite a bit about people who had or know somebody who had thyroid shit and had to have surgery. Anecdotal but I gave you a proper number/source too so you can shove it up your ass you fag
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I wouldn't doubt the number. Once I started throwing around the c-word (because I've earned it) heard quite a bit about people who had or know somebody who had thyroid shit and had to have surgery. Anecdotal but I gave you a proper number/source too so you can shove it up your ass you fag

See my edit. The 12m is correct, but it is mostly in certain age groups (above 50). So yeah, the elderly are cracking up that number. Whereas young people are barely effected. I want to post my article too but i am on my phone. Just google thyroid problems and age. :0
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Zaphikh
Obesity is too heavy of a situation to make light of.

Comedy gold here, folks!

achachachaaa...

Quote by primusfan
> from louisville
> likes ween
> new favorite poster
You forgot to point out that some people are genetically predispositioned to be overweight.

I mean sure, it's possible to keep in figure with exercise, but people with a genetic predisposition towards storing fat will have a harder time keeping their weight down than most people.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Yes, and the number of Americans who live unhealthy and stationary lifestyles are far greater in number and a more significant contributor to obesity, I'd wager.

^^^^

But hey, the genes d00d.
PACIFIC/OCEAN
PACIFIC OCE/AN
PACIFIC OCEAN/
PACIFIC_OCEAN
PACIFIC OCEA_N
_PACIFIC OCEAN
With genes like mine, I ain't got no worries of becoming a fatty patty.

my dad is fat
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
With genes like mine, I ain't got no worries of becoming a fatty patty.

my dad is fat

When the holiday period started, I was circa 67 kg, i spent the 2 whole months eating and playing ps3, i went to the medic yesterday and i was ~64 kg lol.

Genes are amazing when you come from a non-obese family.
PACIFIC/OCEAN
PACIFIC OCE/AN
PACIFIC OCEAN/
PACIFIC_OCEAN
PACIFIC OCEA_N
_PACIFIC OCEAN
Last edited by PacificOcean at Jan 30, 2013,
The future...
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
they need to put their forks down and stop finding excuses

/thread
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
I still can't believe that obese people is labeled and treated as "handicapped"
I mean, they look f*cking ridiculous driving their electric carts everywhere like they couldn't stand up and walk, to at least burn some calories as they walk .
PACIFIC/OCEAN
PACIFIC OCE/AN
PACIFIC OCEAN/
PACIFIC_OCEAN
PACIFIC OCEA_N
_PACIFIC OCEAN
I say fat people should be able to be fat in peace. Then I'll feel much more fit in comparison
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
I voted lazy. If calories in > calories used, then weight will be gained. And the reverse is also true. For a few years after high school I was consistently 20-30 pounds overweight. Lots of beer and fast food, hardly any exercise. Then I figured out the trick to actively losing weight is to both work out well (lots of cardio for weight loss) and be hungry almost all the time. Mainly the diet is what does it, honestly. It sucks and some people can't handle it, they don't have the willpower. I got myself down to where I wanted my weight to be and just kept working out but went back to eating when I was hungry. Now I stay in decent shape and around the same weight all the time.
Quote by stratman7
I voted lazy. If calories in > calories used, then weight will be gained. And the reverse is also true. For a few years after high school I was consistently 20-30 pounds overweight. Lots of beer and fast food, hardly any exercise. Then I figured out the trick to actively losing weight is to both work out well (lots of cardio for weight loss) and be hungry almost all the time. Mainly the diet is what does it, honestly. It sucks and some people can't handle it, they don't have the willpower. I got myself down to where I wanted my weight to be and just kept working out but went back to eating when I was hungry. Now I stay in decent shape and around the same weight all the time.

Yeah, exercise is a really poor way to try to lose wait. It's all about diet.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Old Anatomy Professor used to say: "IF I COULD CHANGE ONE THING ABOUT HUMAN BODY, I WOULD CHANGE THE KIDNEY TO DUMP EXCESS GLUCOSE LIKE DOES WITH ELECTROLYTES AND MINERALS. WOULD BE MOST WONDERFUL CHANGE, BECAUSE AM FAT, BUT AM ALSO LAZY."

America is fat. Would be less fat, if ran around in woods. Culture has changed to remove self-accountability. I say: If you are fat, and do not like, then change. Am not fat. Will not be fat, because healthy. Many long runs in woods carrying 60kilo packs, and combat drills facilitate a healthy body. Most America does not have healthy body. Must change, otherwise coronary disease risk goes up in relation to how many burger is eat.

Kadosh!
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Quote by Todd Hart
Yeah, exercise is a really poor way to try to lose wait. It's all about diet.

Mostly. But a diet alone won't get you into good shape, it'll just drop pounds. I wanted to get in shape, too.
People get fat partly because the bodies we evolved with are not well suited for our modern lifestyle.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.