willT08
Banned
2,923 IQ
Definitely a guitar in there. Sounds like it might be from Omnisphere or another sample based synth because obviously the tone is so uniform.
Mister.Y
something something
788 IQ
Sounds like a guitar with some ugly distortion, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a plugin from some software-synth.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
willT08
Banned
2,923 IQ
You all realize there's definitely not just one sound going on. There would have been many layers to that, and a guitar is definitely in there. You can hear it better in the lower notes towards the end of the progression.
Burkz
132 IQ
Sounds like a synth to me, not sure though.
snipelfritz
Senior Fun Correspondent
1,554 IQ
No way that's a synth.

And lol at everyone acting like that's some sort of otherworldly guitar tone. OD plus a slight envelope filter tone knob rolled back.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Chris3235
Its soo easssssay
508 IQ
Its a midi guitar.
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,544 IQ
Its a sample based synth made to sound like a guitar. Must've been done in a MIDI editor/piano roll, its too ultra precise to be human, yet the harmonic interactions are still there.

There's few of those around, and the tones in Logic's shitty amp modeller sound incredibly similar to this.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
ShameofaNation
yep
797 IQ
Yeah, that's got to be a guitar with an envelope filter.
3 Guitars >> Eleven Pedals >> Three Amps
Soundcloud

Quote by primusfan
> from louisville
> likes ween
> new favorite poster
Ziphoblat
The Enigma
390 IQ
It sounds like a square lead sound with a synthesised or sampled guitar underneath (probably sampled) with processing applied.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
TheNameOfNoone
Buckethead's Right Hand
2,144 IQ
It is a sampled guitar sound. /thread
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Quote by TheNameOfNoone
It is a sampled guitar sound. /thread

I concur.
IMABBALLPLAYER
doesnt really play bball
1,880 IQ
Holy shit this song is awful. But yeah, I agree with the piano roll. That's just way too spot on.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
fanapathy
B-Tuned
1,983 IQ
Sounds pretty much the same as some the highest gain presets on Guitar Rig 5 on my Chinese usb thing, especially with finger picking. I don't see why it has to be a synth but whatever it sounds pretty crappy to me
Ian_the_fox
Banned
2,990 IQ
Real guitar, sampled. If I were to take a wild guess from where, I'd say the "Sweet Child of Mine" intro, though repitched of course.
IMABBALLPLAYER
doesnt really play bball
1,880 IQ
Quote by ChucklesMginty

I need to take a shower.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.