Sandy Hook elementary school chorus to sing national anthem at Super Bowl

Page 1 of 3
EEWWWWWWWWW

But for real, am I wrong to not be excited about this? Seriously, a ****ing elementary school choir singing the superbowl national anthem, where the likes of the greatest vocalists of all time should be? I care about Sandy Hook, but not enough to let some untrained little kid class butcher the national anthem. The national anthem is part of the show. People dont really want to see that... they will be disappointed to not be able to see a Celine Dion or Whitney Houston doing it.

And besides, why are we giving the incident further spotlight anyway? Isn't that part of the problem? Dramatized media acknowledgement?
Why do you care?

No one gives a **** who sings it. THey're there to watch a game

Also, I don't think it's wrong to give victims spotlight. When it's all focused on the shooter that's when it's bad imo
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by MediaMate1
a ****ing elementary school choir singing the superbowl national anthem, where the likes of the greatest vocalists of all time should be? I care about Sandy Hook, but not enough to let some untrained little kid class butcher the national anthem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj5NPNe3jNU

I'd say it's hard for them to do worse than the professionals they've brought in.

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
...The greatest vocalists of all time...singing the American National Anthem at the Super Bowl....think about what you just said.
Ha. Just another way for 'Bama to take away my guns!
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Someone feels rather entitled...
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
i won't be disappointed that whitney houston isn't doing it, she's looking rough nowadays
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
I think you're an over-nationalistic, insensitive little cunt.

This. It's a ****ing song, who cares who sings it? Have a little respect.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

The only time it was ever good was when they brought in all the mility choir/bands to do it. That shit was magnificent.
Who cares who sings the god damn anthem. Football.
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
This matters.
Quote by MediaMate1
they will be disappointed to not be able to see a Celine Dion or Whitney Houston doing it.

Celine Dion is Canadian
Last edited by cornmancer at Jan 30, 2013,
You've got to be pretty shallow to care so much about this.
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Quote by cornmancer
This matters.

Celine Dion is Canadian

And Whitney Houston is dead
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
No one gives a shit who sings the national anthem at the Superbowl except you, apparently.

I give a little bit of a shit.
Excuse me for caring about who sings the national anthem at the super bowl. I happen to take great interest in the different great interpretations on the song. Often, if its really good, it can be a really nice pump up to the game. Now it's gonna be like "awwww, but ickk they are not good"
Quote by MediaMate1
Excuse me for caring about who sings the national anthem at the super bowl. I happen to take great interest in the different great interpretations on the song. Often, if its really good, it can be a really nice pump up to the game. Now it's gonna be like "awwww, but ickk they are not good"

Opening kickoff is more of a pump up than the national anthem, I can't remember any famous person pumping me up during the national anthem really but I can clearly remember Devin Hester returning the opening kickoff in the super bowl
Quote by MediaMate1

So an interpretation of a shitty song is more important than giving media coverage to a tragic event?

Why didn't you get shot up and then we'd see who has the gall to be an insufferable, insensitive little faggot.
Quote by darkcheef
Opening kickoff is more of a pump up than the national anthem, I can't remember any famous person pumping me up during the national anthem really but I can clearly remember Devin Hester returning the opening kickoff in the super bowl

That's because your national anthem is the most overplayed piece of shit in history.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Tanglewoodguit
So an interpretation of a shitty song is more important than giving media coverage to a tragic event?

Why didn't you get shot up and then we'd see who has the gall to be an insufferable, insensitive little faggot.

Way to call a country's national anthem a shitty song. Let's look at who's being insensitive now.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit

Kinda ironic that you call someone you accuse of being insensitive a fag.
Quote by Trowzaa
That's because your national anthem is the most overplayed piece of shit in history.

no shit m8

when you win as much gold as us in the olympics you tend to hear it too much
Quote by Gantz92
Alicia Keys is going to sing the national Anthem. The Sandy Hook Children will sing America the Beautiful.

Hahaha, thank god. I heard it was the national anthem from somewhere else. But good, the Super Bowl people know better than to feature the sandy hook elementary choir for the national anthem. at least THEY agree with me.
Quote by a7xb4d
Way to call a country's national anthem a shitty song. Let's look at who's being insensitive now.

It is a shitty anthem musically though. An anthem, by definition is a memorable, easily sung song. SSB is awkward at best, extremely forgettable and technically difficult. And calling the anthem shit isn't being insensitive, at all

Quote by Gantz92
Kinda ironic that you call someone you accuse of being insensitive a fag.

You got a problem?
Just saying some may take offense at that statement, as it's one of the symbols of their country.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
extremely forgettable and technically difficult

I don't think you know what you're saying
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Quote by raoooos
i won't be disappointed that whitney houston isn't doing it, she's looking rough nowadays

i miss the old kanye
Quote by Tanglewoodguit

You got a problem?

It's a bit offensive don't you think?
Quote by Dreadnought
I don't think you know what you're saying

Thanks for your opinion.

Why it's forgettable:

It has no hook, nothing that to comes back to. It's pretty thorough-composed. I absolutely detest GSTQ, but it serves as an anthem well purely because you can hum it back straight after hearing it once.

Why it's technically difficult:

3 octave register
Awkward rhythmic metre (stuttering rhythms, triplets, time signature)
Leaps all over the shop
Sustained top register passages

By technically difficult, I mean that not everybody can sing it. Regardless of age (with obvious exceptions). What 5 year old can sing in a 3 octave register and leap a major 6th?

All in all, it's a bloody difficult song to sing.
Quote by Gantz92
It's a bit offensive don't you think?

Hardly 1/100th as offensive as OP is being, yet you're not jumping on his dick.
Last edited by Tanglewoodguit at Jan 30, 2013,
Quote by Tanglewoodguit

A "sophisticated" Englishman, ladies and gentlemen.
If I lost a child in Sandy Hook, I would be livid at this.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Page 1 of 3