Sandy Hook elementary school chorus to sing national anthem at Super Bowl

Page 2 of 3
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Thanks for your opinion.

Why it's forgettable:

It has no hook, nothing that to comes back to. It's pretty thorough-composed. I absolutely detest GSTQ, but it serves as an anthem well purely because you can hum it back straight after hearing it once.

Why it's technically difficult:

3 octave register
Awkward rhythmic metre (stuttering rhythms, triplets, time signature)
Leaps all over the shop
Sustained top register passages

By technically difficult, I mean that not everybody can sing it. Regardless of age (with obvious exceptions). What 5 year old can sing in a 3 octave register and leap a major 6th?

All in all, it's a bloody difficult song to sing.

Hardly 1/100th as offensive as OP is being, yet you're not jumping on his dick.

I agree with all of this
Quote by Gantz92
It's a bit offensive don't you think?

How? How does saying your national anthem is shit offend you? Are you really that attached to a song that insulting the song insults you also?

Our national anthem is shit.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

@Tanglewoodguit

i think the reason he's on your dick is because you're up on your high horse yet you're acting similarly insensitive (though you are right about OP, not OK).
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Thanks for your opinion.

Why it's forgettable:

It has no hook, nothing that to comes back to. It's pretty thorough-composed. I absolutely detest GSTQ, but it serves as an anthem well purely because you can hum it back straight after hearing it once.

3 octave register
Leaps all over the shop

By technically difficult, I mean that not everybody can sing it. Regardless of age (with obvious exceptions). What 5 year old can sing in a 3 octave register and leap a major 6th?

It was adapted from a drinking song. Drunk idiots invented the melody, and they managed just fine.

Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Thanks for your opinion.
How? How does saying your national anthem is shit offend you? Are you really that attached to a song that insulting the song insults you also?

You called him a ******. That's an insensitive thing to say ( I think is what he's getting at)
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Last edited by AeroRocker at Jan 30, 2013,
Quote by MediaMate1
A "sophisticated" Englishman, ladies and gentlemen.

Quote by MediaMate1
EEWWWWWWWWW

But for real, am I wrong to not be excited about this? Seriously, a ****ing elementary school choir singing the superbowl national anthem, where the likes of the greatest vocalists of all time should be? I care about Sandy Hook, but not enough to let some untrained little kid class butcher the national anthem. The national anthem is part of the show. People dont really want to see that... they will be disappointed to not be able to see a Celine Dion or Whitney Houston doing it.

And besides, why are we giving the incident further spotlight anyway? Isn't that part of the problem? Dramatized media acknowledgement?

Giving kids who watched their friends innocently get killed is dramatised media acknowledgement? A famous face singing it is more important?

Quote by MediaMate1
Excuse me for caring about who sings the national anthem at the super bowl. I happen to take great interest in the different great interpretations on the song. Often, if its really good, it can be a really nice pump up to the game. Now it's gonna be like "awwww, but ickk they are not good"

Again? You're moaning about some kids who watched their friends die? Read back what you're saying, please.
Quote by MediaMate1
Hahaha, thank god. I heard it was the national anthem from somewhere else. But good, the Super Bowl people know better than to feature the sandy hook elementary choir for the national anthem. at least THEY agree with me.

I'm glad you set your standards so high. You don't even know how good these kids can sing.

Quote by Guitarlord44
ALL national anthems are shit

Exactly. I can't stand them at all, I don't know how Americans still like theirs when they hear it pretty much every day.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa

Our national anthem is shit.

I was referring to his use of the word ******. Im not american btw.
Quote by a7xb4d
@Tanglewoodguit

i think the reason he's on your dick is because you're up on your high horse yet you're acting similarly insensitive (though you are right about OP, not OK).

I'm being as insensitive by calling him out on being a hateful, disgusting human being? Yah ok.

Quote by AeroRocker

It was adapted from a drinking song. Drunk idiots invented the melody, and they managed just fine.

Adapted? Yes. But changed. There's no getting away from how difficult it is for the exact reasons I posted
Quote by Gantz92
I was referring to his use of the word ******. Im not american btw.

It's a word. I'm not saying he's gay or implying gay people are bad or any shit. I'm just using a word for emphasis, because I'd already used cunt.
Last edited by Tanglewoodguit at Jan 30, 2013,
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Thanks for your opinion.

Why it's forgettable:

3 octave register
Leaps all over the shop

So basically, what you're saying is that most Americans are better musicians than people of other nationalities because we memorize much more complex music from an early age.

Works for me.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Not what i meant, that's why I used similarly. No he's totally being more of an ass.
Quote by Trowzaa
Exactly. I can't stand them at all, I don't know how Americans still like theirs when they hear it pretty much every day.

I hate it to be honest. There are a lot of other patriotic songs that people sing that could be used.
The Russian National Anthem kicks the shit out of most National Anthems.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
I fell in love with the Russian anthem because of COD4.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist

I did too...
I don't really give a shit, but at the same time I do find the sound of children singing to be incredibly unnerving and obnoxious.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by theguitarist

awww yea
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
I think you're an over-nationalistic, insensitive little cunt.

This is where the thread should end at.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
Quote by Funk Monk
This is where the thread should end at.

You shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition.
Quote by Trowzaa

wat. I hear it once a week at the most, and that's only during sporting events.
Quote by snipelfritz
I don't really give a shit, but at the same time I do find the sound of children singing to be incredibly unnerving and obnoxious.

This pretty much. If it is really that big of a deal mute the tv or change the channel. Its like what two minutes of your life? Just get over it.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
AHHHHH I did know it! It was the one I was thinking of, but that's COD: World at War, not 4... sorry to be that guy

I'm pretty sure COD4 had that, or some other version of it?

Regardless, I've made it the tone for my morning alarm.
Quote by Skynyrd890
I'm pretty sure COD4 had that, or some other version of it?

Regardless, I've made it the tone for my morning alarm.

They might both have it, but I specifically remember it being the song that plays when you win a game of multiplayer as the red army on WaW.

Also have fun being monitored by the Feds for allegiance to communism

Quote by Trowzaa

I don't know a single person that wants to hear the National Anthem ever again. I got annoyed after hearing it two days in a row.
Best part about all this is...THEIR WILL BE GUNS THERE TO PROTECT EVERYONE, HOW IRONIC! Yes, Louisiana you can also walk into that place with a FFL and CHP.
Wood affects tone due to the engorgment of the corpus cavernosum.
I cant help it. I masturbate so fast my hands go back in time and type all sorts of crazy shit.
Goth is the theatrical element without being a whiny little emo bitch.
Quote by MediaMate1
Excuse me for caring about who sings the national anthem at the super bowl. I happen to take great interest in the different great interpretations on the song.
Interpretations? You care? You probably don't even realize that the sing is much longer and more complex then the version often heard.
Quote by MediaMate1
Often, if its really good...
Yeah right, most renditions are even worse then This...

An AWESOME version
Last edited by AllJudasPriest at Jan 31, 2013,
Quote by MediaMate1
Excuse me for caring about who sings the national anthem at the super bowl. I happen to take great interest in the different great interpretations on the song. Often, if its really good, it can be a really nice pump up to the game. Now it's gonna be like "awwww, but ickk they are not good"

We get great interpretations of the nat'l anthem from the Superbowl? Where the hell have you been for the last 25 years? I mean, really...did you hear that one Superbowl where Pavaratti (sp.?) sang the anthem? It was tear-jerking. Oh, wait...no, you didn't, because instead we had some pop star sing it and prove that they should've lip synced it.
Quote by necrosis1193
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj5NPNe3jNU

I'd say it's hard for them to do worse than the professionals they've brought in.

she sound's like she's singing it for crack, and in a hurry to get her crack.

There is nothing reasonable in that video, cept the dumb ass singer has ridiculous amounts of vibrato and effects.

America's national anthem but scott F dumbass is just an already written song about the queen of who gives a ****.
Last edited by stratkat at Jan 31, 2013,
Quote by stratkat

she sound's like she's singing it for crack, and in a hurry to get her crack.

There is nothing reasonable in that video, cept the dumb ass singer has ridiculous amounts of vibrato and effects.

America's national anthem but scott F dumbass is just an already written song about the queen of who gives a ****.

What even is this

Maybe I'm just too tired.
Quote by Trowzaa

what
They need to get this guy to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqAcfy5G23k
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....