Page 2 of 3
Ahh man sorry to hear that, it sucks I know its not as long but came out of a 2 year relationship and that stung like a bitch... All I can say is the pain goes away after a while, just go out with your mates and enjoy yourself if you can. And what river did you throw the ring in because I feel like going for a swim later :P
Quote by Joss_Frusciante
They have my vote!

Quote by final-andy
And my axe!
Shit man. Sorry. :/

Sorry about your relationship breaking up. Moneys just money after all, I wouldn't worry yourself about that.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by metacarpi
She didn't end it outright, that's not really fair phrasing on my behalf. She's after something that I'm not ready for, and not sure I'll ever be ready for. It's something I'm moving towards, but can't say for certain I'll get there - and it's something that's really important to her.

We thought we could work it out, but it seems we can't.

Assuming this is kids, which is the most obvious thing, why didnt you just wait?

Is she after kids right now or something?

Who knows, maybe she'll come round.

It would be an awkward moment when she comes up to you a week later and says 'yes, I'll marry you.' Then you tell her that she'll have to fight a swan to get the ring back

But seriously,
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
That's horrible, i'm really sorry, TS

Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Sorry bro

On the bright side, if you tossed it in the radioactive Derby river, it will mutate and have ring babies you can harvest for enormous profit.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Ouch

You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: This jazz piano music playing over the PA like wow for once it's good stuff they're playing

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?

Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by whywefight
That really suck

Yeah, its stuff like this that makes us wonder wy we fight

... I am empty inside
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Ometh
... I am empty inside
Oh, meth, what you do to a person...

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
Shouldn't have bought into that whole marriage thing.

£1500 for a tiny piece of metal is bloody stupid and you deserved to lose it. Perhaps you maybe even deserved to lose the girlfriend , im sure this proposal was some sad last ditch attempt to win her over before she runs off with the neighbour tyrone and his 3 pitbulls.

Look on the bright side , you can now use the sad story to pickup new women.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Last edited by zgr0826 at Jan 31, 2013,
Well, my day's ruined

Quote by burghUK

£1500 for a tiny piece of metal is bloody stupid and you deserved to lose it. Perhaps you maybe even deserved to lose the girlfriend , im sure this proposal was some sad last ditch attempt to win her over before she runs off with the neighbour tyrone and his 3 pitbulls.

Well you're a bit of a cunt.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Sorry to hear this meta. I'd be devasted if my gf left me, so I can only imagine how you feel right now.

Money comes, and money goes - experiences are forever. Sadly she must've felt this was the right thing to do, which means it probably was. You can't carry on if you have as polarised aims as you seem to suggest.

Hang out with some friends/family I think is probably the best idea at the moment - try to take your mind off things. You will feel better eventually. You will find the girl you are meant to be with, even if you can't see it now.

As you may recall I had a difficult time a few years ago and mentioned it in a thread on here and you gave me a couple of kind words so I hope I am now returning the favour.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by burghUK

Quote by Trowzaa
Well you're a bit of a cunt.
Quote by magnus_maximus
I hope burghUK grows tastebuds in his arsehole.

Well I thought he made some interesting points, even if it was pretty insensitive.

Marriage is fairly unnatural IMO, and in anthropological terms modern-day marriage (i.e. based on love/romance) is very out of the norm even for humans. We don't seem any happier with it than we were with marriage based on convenience/shared burdens/whatever. In fact, socially speaking, we were much better off with the older model.

Also, it's pretty hard to dispute his point that £1500 for an engagement ring is too much. That doesn't mean you deserve to lose it though, but it's only money.

Saying that the proposal was just an attempt to win her over is totally unjustified though, you don't even know the man, or anything about his relationship. You're just saying that to try and get a rise out of him because you're an ass.
I am sorry to hear that.

Maybe you can write a song about it and make millions, and then get a way hotter girlfriend who is into diving and can find that ring for you?
Quote by burghUK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8rUcnliF20
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by magnus_maximus
Unnatural? Plenty of animals mate for life. Marriage just assigns a legal contract to it. Traditionally marriage was for political or financial reasons and that was just kinda accepted, recently marriage has become a bit less unnatural anyway what with gay marriages and stuff.

Yes plenty of animals mate for life, it's the legal etc. aspect that I'm calling unnatural. If two people stay together because they are happy (though I bet most are far from it), then fair play to them. As soon as you aren't happy it doesn't make sense to be together, and the legally binding contract that you then have to get out of is the bit I'm calling unnatural the most.

Shamelessly stolen from the other thread I just saw:

Gay marriage etc. has nothing to do with this obviously, it's the rest of his quote that I'm talking about.

Also, he's a pretty funny guy
Well yes, technology is hardly naturally occuring, but we mostly it positively, to make life easier. We can take something bad - IDK, say, disease - and do something about it.

With marriage you take something good - happy, loving relationship - and get something potentially crappy out of it. At best you can break even.

Yes the relationship would normally break down anyway, but marriage makes it harder to just throw in the towel when it's time to do just that.

All IMO, of course.

Anyway, if you don't agree with what I'm saying, just say so. You don't need to take it to silly extremes, with "everything's unnatural". We're kinda derailing the thread. EDIT: Hence 2 posts below.
Last edited by crm261 at Jan 31, 2013,
As I mentioned in the other thread there are some good reasons to be legally bound.

Take this discussion there. Meta doesn't need this.

Quote by burghUK

Well I guess that was bound to happen....

Hope you're doing ok carpi
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 31, 2013,
Totally got what i wanted from that last post.

Take a joke.

The point i should have made is that how on earth could they be on such different wavelengths... He wanted marriage and she wanted out and he didn't see it coming? Crazy.
Quote by WCPhils
Well I guess that was bound to happen....

Hope you doing ok carpi

More to the point, I hope you don't feel too hungover in the morning. That won't help at all.

Actually, I hope you aren't drinking in the first place, but I think I would be...
Quote by burghUK
Totally got what i wanted from that last post.

Take a joke.

The point i should have made is that how on earth could they be on such different wavelengths... He wanted marriage and she wanted out and he didn't see it coming? Crazy.

He's probably not in a joking mood...

Anyway, it's not that crazy - he's said that they had a long-term fundamental disagreement about something (kids maybe?). So it's not that they didn't want to be together, as you're claiming, but maybe more that they just couldn't see it working long-term, as they didn't want to take their lives in the same direction.
I just shit myself on my brothers bed

Could be worse.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I just shit myself on my brothers bed

Could be worse.

Explain yourself in the F1/Car Thread.

Sorry, bro.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Ex means example. Take that to heart and move on. Whether or not things went sour, she did you a favor to prevent future heartache and pain. Sucks your emotions got the best of you.

Might I suggest renting snorkle gear as well as an underwater metal detector?

Thats $2378.25 american. I'd ****ing jump in that river and make finding rare metals a new hobby.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
Ex means example.

Well I simply love this.

Thats $2378.25 american. I'd ****ing jump in that river and make finding rare metals a new hobby.

backed.

Quote by captaincrunk
just remember that one day a homeless fisherman will find that ring, put his life together, and somehow impact your own life positively.

clearly you didn't read The Pearl.
You threw the ring precious?

* insert gollums raptor screach *

No really, im sorry bro. Next time you in Norway you get a hug.
Life is one big shit sandwich, it was your turn to take a bite.

Atleast you're done swallowing.