Page 2 of 9
OP Updated.

Let me know if I miss something.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by leony03
Score keeper is highest scorer.

>_>

I think that's his perk.
We're all alright!
Quote by Mathedes
I think that's his perk.

He is a strange individual.

Also, Happy Bday Phils
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Right, put me down for Unearth - We Are Not Anonymous in 'Advanced Guitar' again, and I promise I'll do it this month
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Collab between Scowmoo and I again.

Thy Art Is Murder - Shadow Of Eternal Sin.

For ME...
Necrophagist - Stabwound. Guitar, Advanced.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V (Duncan Quarter Pounds + Hipshot Kickass)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Can this entry do?

I learned it last Christmas but I put This Dying Soul instead for the January edition.

On the Backs of Angels - Dream Theater

Guitars - Vox - Keyboards - Bass. :3

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=569117796437321&set=vb.100000173183777&type=3&theater
Quote by K'Nuckles
I can actually record at a decent quality now. Just bought a UX1 - Podfarm is t3h rulez. I probably won't though.

I can send you some tonez if you want some

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by niejel
Can this entry do?

I learned it last Christmas but I put This Dying Soul instead for the January edition.

On the Backs of Angels - Dream Theater

Guitars - Vox - Keyboards - Bass. :3

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=569117796437321&set=vb.100000173183777&type=3&theater

I'll add it in. If somebody has a problem we can just take it down.

OP Updated.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by leony03
I can send you some tonez if you want some

What've you got, man? I haven't gotten the hang of making my own patches yet - I'm mostly downloading them off the L6 site and tweaking them to my liking.

I really want to submit an entry. >_>
Quote by K'Nuckles
What've you got, man? I haven't gotten the hang of making my own patches yet - I'm mostly downloading them off the L6 site and tweaking them to my liking.

I really want to submit an entry. >_>

I've got quite a few different ones like a high-gain Marshall, Rectifier and some cleans. Do you have the Metal Shop Pack? If not, I highly recommend it. It only cost me like £20 and I have never looked back!

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by leony03
I've got quite a few different ones like a high-gain Marshall, Rectifier and some cleans. Do you have the Metal Shop Pack? If not, I highly recommend it. It only cost me like £20 and I have never looked back!

I haven't bought any of the packs yet, although that seems like a £20 I'll have to spend. I think I need the bass pack more tbh, what's on there is shocking... too bad it's £30 though.
You can mess around with the free VSTs too. LePou makes a sweet plexi clone called the Hybrit.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by K'Nuckles
I haven't bought any of the packs yet, although that seems like a £20 I'll have to spend. I think I need the bass pack more tbh, what's on there is shocking... too bad it's £30 though.

If you want high-gain clarity without the fuzz, its definitely worth it. Made my sound so much better Maybe you can get 2 for a cheaper price or something. I can't remember how the packs work because I got mine like 2 years ago haha. I think all my good tones are with the metal pack if you get it, then i'll send some over!

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You can mess around with the free VSTs too. LePou makes a sweet plexi clone called the Hybrit.

I tried using the Lecto one and cab plugins but I could never get a clean sound from it. Just fizz

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by leony03
I tried using the Lecto one and cab plugins but I could never get a clean sound from it. Just fizz

Did you try turning the gain down?

Seriously though.

Also, are you using a noise gate with the Line 6 stuff? Because Amplitube is super quiet too until you take the gate off
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by leony03
If you want high-gain clarity without the fuzz, its definitely worth it. Made my sound so much better Maybe you can get 2 for a cheaper price or something. I can't remember how the packs work because I got mine like 2 years ago haha. I think all my good tones are with the metal pack if you get it, then i'll send some over!

Much appreciated, mate. I'm using it mainly for djenty shit atm - just the stock stuff is pretty good for it.
Quote by K'Nuckles
Much appreciated, mate. I'm using it mainly for djenty shit atm - just the stock stuff is pretty good for it.

No problem. Just PM me or say something in one of these

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Did you try turning the gain down?

Seriously though.

Also, are you using a noise gate with the Line 6 stuff? Because Amplitube is super quiet too until you take the gate off

I tried eveerrryyytttinnggg! I just couldn't get a good sound out of it at all. I dunno if its my hardware or what haha.

Was the noise gate thing directed at me or K'Nuckles?

Quote by angusfan16
TBH I'm REALLY tempted to cover the less angry version of Killing in the Name:

http://youtu.be/mOE9fE72QLg
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Last edited by Horsedick.MPEG at Feb 2, 2013,
Quote by leony03

I tried eveerrryyytttinnggg! I just couldn't get a good sound out of it at all. I dunno if its my hardware or what haha.

It was directed at you because I think some of those VSTs have the gate on automatically. The LePou doesn't.

Personally I don't like the Lecto. I like Amplitube for super heavy tones. I only use the Hybrit.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by leony03

Dude, you gotta load impulse responses.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It was directed at you because I think some of those VSTs have the gate on automatically. The LePou doesn't.

Personally I don't like the Lecto. I like Amplitube for super heavy tones. I only use the Hybrit.

Ah ok. I might have a look at Amplitube and also Guitar Rig as well as Hybrit

Quote by oneblackened
Dude, you gotta load impulse responses.

I did all that I did a sample of it a while back:

https://soundcloud.com/leonsilavant/vst-test

It wasn't fuzzy as such but it couldn't get a refined tone from it. I had the T808 plugin as well (I think that was what it was called).

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by leony03
Ah ok. I might have a look at Amplitube and also Guitar Rig as well as Hybrit

I did all that I did a sample of it a while back:

https://soundcloud.com/leonsilavant/vst-test

It wasn't fuzzy as such but it couldn't get a refined tone from it. I had the T808 plugin as well (I think that was what it was called).

That doesn't sound horrible, you just need to mess around with Post EQ nonsense.

I'm not a fan of Guitar Rig actually. Maybe for the clean sounds and some of the effects.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I'll do the bass for Waiting for an alibi, by Thin Lizzy

Just had a play through the GP file and I reckon it should go in easy. A couple of gallops here and there might not be, though.

Hoping to record a guitar ensemble piece this month. Got to choose one!
Learning a new cover song? Feel like recording it? And have people listen to it? See the CATPM thread in the Pit. Here's the user group
Quote by QPC_Sam
I'll do the bass for Waiting for an alibi, by Thin Lizzy

Just had a play through the GP file and I reckon it should go in easy. A couple of gallops here and there might not be, though.

Hoping to record a guitar ensemble piece this month. Got to choose one!

Added.

Would you want to do a collaboration for Mississippi Queen by any chance? You could do the bass and I can fill in the guitar tracks.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Would you want to do a collaboration for Mississippi Queen by any chance? You could do the bass and I can fill in the guitar tracks.

Yeah, sure.
Do you want to record your bits first? I won't be able to do any video, though.

I record through a Boss BR-80. I could give you an MP3 or a WAV of my bass alone or bass mixed with what you send me. Actually, WAV might end up too big to e-mail. But I could upload it to soundcloud or something.
Learning a new cover song? Feel like recording it? And have people listen to it? See the CATPM thread in the Pit. Here's the user group
Quote by QPC_Sam
Yeah, sure.
Do you want to record your bits first? I won't be able to do any video, though.

I record through a Boss BR-80. I could give you an MP3 or a WAV of my bass alone or bass mixed with what you send me. Actually, WAV might end up too big to e-mail. But I could upload it to soundcloud or something.

I have GP and Drummer From Hell, so I could load up the Midi drums into the VST, make it an MP3 and send it over to you.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
what the frak should i do this time?
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Quote by iHurricaneGTR
what the frak should i do this time?

Something sexy for Valentines Day.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
That doesn't sound horrible, you just need to mess around with Post EQ nonsense.

I'm not a fan of Guitar Rig actually. Maybe for the clean sounds and some of the effects.

Hmm ok. What kind of thing should I do with it?

I've only really heard it for classic rock types of sounds. I was going to try and get it from the deep depths of the webernetz to use it for my Airbourne video but I forgot about it haha. I remember I had an Amplitube Metal trial and I remember just using the harmonizer and the POD Farm tones because I didn't really try getting a good tone out of it haha. Might give it another go

Quote by angusfan16
Listening to your sample I would say it needs more drive, so try playing with the settings on the TS-808 plugin. Also I think it needs a little more high mids, and try a high pass at about 120hz to get rid of some of the low end.

It will probably sound better in a mix with bass and drums so maybe try that.
Quote by leony03
Hmm ok. What kind of thing should I do with it?

I've only really heard it for classic rock types of sounds. I was going to try and get it from the deep depths of the webernetz to use it for my Airbourne video but I forgot about it haha. I remember I had an Amplitube Metal trial and I remember just using the harmonizer and the POD Farm tones because I didn't really try getting a good tone out of it haha. Might give it another go

Maybe cut frequencies under 90khz and boost a few of them over 800? Compressor? Lots of things to do, just play around with what sounds good to you.

I'm guessing you don't play around with different cabs and mic placements if you can't get a good tone out of Amplitube Metal. What amp model was it? If you're just using the matching cab with every model then it'll sound like shit.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Maybe cut frequencies under 90hz and boost a few of them over 800? Compressor? Lots of things to do, just play around with what sounds good to you.

I'm guessing you don't play around with different cabs and mic placements if you can't get a good tone out of Amplitube Metal. What amp model was it? If you're just using the matching cab with every model then it'll sound like shit.
fixed that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by Random3
Listening to your sample I would say it needs more drive, so try playing with the settings on the TS-808 plugin. Also I think it needs a little more high mids, and try a high pass at about 120hz to get rid of some of the low end.

It will probably sound better in a mix with bass and drums so maybe try that.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Maybe cut frequencies under 90khz and boost a few of them over 800? Compressor? Lots of things to do, just play around with what sounds good to you.

I'll try all those suggestions

I used Amplitube like 2 years ago haha. I think I used the 5150 amp most of the time and I cant remember what I did with the amps. I'll give it another go I think

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by oneblackened
fixed that.

What did you fix? I don't see anything
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Neither do I

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by leony03
Neither do I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGzYr-kxAA

Ampliboob is your new god.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

khz-hz.

Pet peeve of mine, don't worry about it
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
khz-hz.

Pet peeve of mine, don't worry about it

OH! I see now.

So, the guitar pro file converts a little funny in EZ Drummer. The cowbell is a snare
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster