Page 5 of 9
I'll give it a go this time.

Sign me up for Intermediate Guitar: Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons (Parts 1, 2 and 3)
OP updated.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Well, for what it's worth, if Frank Zappa wasn't way the hell out of my league, I'd do "G-Spot Tornado". Maybe a stalker song instead? "Jesse's Girl"? "The End Of This Chapter"?
E: Whoa. I just had an idea, but I'll need to think it over.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Feb 5, 2013,
Quote by Cavalcade
Well, for what it's worth, if Frank Zappa wasn't way the hell out of my league, I'd do "G-Spot Tornado". Maybe a stalker song instead? "Jesse's Girl"? "The End Of This Chapter"?

Stalkers songs are fine.

Every Breath You Take might be a bit played out though.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I might do Wake Up by Coheed and Cambria. That's subject to change though
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Quote by iHurricaneGTR
I might do Wake Up by Coheed and Cambria. That's subject to change though

I might actually finish my cover of Welcome Home one day Probably wont be this month due to valentines day and 2 coursework deadlines. Maybe next
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
that would be awesome. definitely post it, it'd be cool to hear it

i just think my cover of Wake Up will sound like shit without vocals. i might just play the vocals on guitar.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
https://soundcloud.com/leonsilavant/welcome-home-coheed-and

Thats as far as I got To be fair, it was only really the solo to do and the ending. There are a few bum notes in the main riff though so I might just re-record the whole thing

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
I wanna get one of my songs in this weekend. (Probably my intermediate entry.)

So much schoolwork though.

I hate school
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Put me down for The Crowing- Coheed and Cambria. Intermediate guitar and bass.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Random3
For those of you who asked for a link, my EP is now finished and can be heard online or downloaded for free by following this link, enjoy

http://charliemunro.bandcamp.com

No-one asked or cared!

It's pretty good.

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by WCPhils
I wanna get one of my songs in this weekend.

Me too, (I leave my electric at home and I go home every weekend)
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Random3
For those of you who asked for a link, my EP is now finished and can be heard online or downloaded for free by following this link, enjoy

Sweet! About to give it a listen.

OP Updated. Let me know if I missed something.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Random3

It's great.
My favourite at the moment is Purple. Lots of variety just in that one song: in the grooves, the textures and tones of the instruments. It all worked well to make a song. Was some of that recorded backwards?

Why Not was different to what I expected from you, while the lead in Distracted Time was very Satriani in tone.

Your work always sounds good, but the recording quality on this is professional. (The segue to Ripples wasn't smooth on the bandcamp page, but I assume that's because of the same reason it isn't smooth when I rip a CD like The Wall.)
Learning a new cover song? Feel like recording it? And have people listen to it? See the CATPM thread in the Pit. Here's the user group
Last edited by QPC_Sam at Feb 6, 2013,
Awesome man, i'll give ita listen soon. right after my first playthrough of afterman: descension
edit: that was @Random, if it wasnt obvious

also, hatebreeder, make sure you get me in there for wake up by coheed and cambria. easy guitar.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid

Twatter
Last edited by iHurricaneGTR at Feb 6, 2013,
Quote by QPC_Sam
It's great.
My favourite at the moment is Purple. Lots of variety just in that one song: in the grooves, the textures and tones of the instruments. It all worked well to make a song. Was some of that recorded backwards?

Thanks

Yeah I did a lot of messing around with reversed guitar parts during the middle part in Purple.

Quote by QPC_Sam
Why Not was different to what I expected from you, while the lead in Distracted Time was very Satriani in tone.

Yeah Distraction Time was probably the most Satch-influenced one, Why Not I don't really have a straight answer for, hence the title :p

Quote by QPC_Sam
Your work always sounds good, but the recording quality on this is professional.

Cheers, yeah it was all done in a proper studio using some very nice equipment. One thing I remember using for the mastering was a Manley rack EQ unit which, out of curiosity, I googled the price for and it was around £4500...

I spent about 2-3 weeks in the studio 9-5 just trying to make it sound as good as I possibly could, very pleased with how it came out

Quote by QPC_Sam
(The segue to Ripples wasn't smooth on the bandcamp page, but I assume that's because of the same reason it isn't smooth when I rip a CD like The Wall.)

Yeah the transition is smooth if you have the tracks back to back on iTunes or whatever.

Cheers for the feedback, really appreciate it!
Quote by iHurricaneGTR
Awesome man, i'll give ita listen soon. right after my first playthrough of afterman: descension
edit: that was @Random, if it wasnt obvious

also, hatebreeder, make sure you get me in there for wake up by coheed and cambria. easy guitar.

Well, you said you weren't sure so I didn't bother putting it up.

Quote by Cavalcade
My old entry for "Khanjar" is still on there; fix plz?

Roger dodger.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
oohh, gotcha. my bad
put it up anyway. i'll let you know if it changes or something, but im pretty sure im set on it

Quote by FireFromTheVoid

Twatter
Quote by leony03
https://soundcloud.com/leonsilavant/welcome-home-coheed-and

Thats as far as I got To be fair, it was only really the solo to do and the ending. There are a few bum notes in the main riff though so I might just re-record the whole thing

that's pretty good to me
oh, and your Tremonti cover awesome. it's such a fun song to play.
edit: double post

also, Random, that EP is badass. downloading fosho'

Quote by FireFromTheVoid

Twatter
Last edited by iHurricaneGTR at Feb 6, 2013,
Well I got my new amp today. Tremolo sounds really nice so I might have to do some Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Change my easy entry to Starlight by Muse

I think it will be fun to play all the instrument parts for

(probably won't get to the drums though)
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
Change my easy entry to Starlight by Muse

I think it will be fun to play all the instrument parts for

(probably won't get to the drums though)

Doneso.

I'll do Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by iHurricaneGTR
that's pretty good to me
oh, and your Tremonti cover awesome. it's such a fun song to play.
edit: double post

also, Random, that EP is badass. downloading fosho'

Thanks Yeah, I love playing his songs. They're so tight and heavy!

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by Fatlumpthe1st
Hey, can I be put down for Built To Fall by Trivium on Easy guitar?

Yep.

Is that song actually easy or intermediate? I'm not super familiar with the newer Trivium shit.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Tor_Hershman
"To Anacreon In Heaven"
a.k.a. "The Anacreatic Song"

OTHER - Vocal - Advanced -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9lYC0lBfkA

Added
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yep.

Is that song actually easy or intermediate? I'm not super familiar with the newer Trivium shit.

Hmm it's probably intermediate if it was the full song but I'll only be doing the rhythm on this one