Page 1 of 3
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,765 IQ
Alright, here's the gist: I haven't seen my roommate in three days (Tuesday til now), almost exactly. The day I last saw him (I saw around Tuesday at noon) I hadn't seen him since the Thursday before, but he had left early for the weekend and said that he had a doctors appointment on Monday for something, so that wasn't a big deal at the time.

Honestly, he's almost always gone. I might see him twice a day on average for like 15 minutes or something. I typically stay up until 1 or 2 o clock, and I've seen him come back to the dorm room to go to bed maybe four times. Most of the time, he comes back ridiculously late and sleeps in until 1PM or so, skipping all of his morning classes. I think usually he sleeps in (after I'd already woken up) longer than the total time I had slept, if that makes sense.

But it makes me wonder.... when should you actually start, like, talking to people about your roommate being missing? A bunch of his friends came up to my dorm room on Wednesday and asked if I'd seen him, but I said I hadn't. I haven't seen them since either.

and no, I didn't kill him.

So yeah, roommates.
lushacrous
drunkacrous
190 IQ
well my roommate is my bestest friend so I'd kinda know
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,765 IQ
Quote by lushacrous
well my roommate is my bestest friend so I'd kinda know

I wish I knew my roommate before hand, but all my friends here bitched about the extra cost of the dorm I'm in.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,765 IQ
I don't have his number. They give out numbers during christmas break, but the roommate I was supposed to have dropped out and he took advantage of the opportunity and moved in. Honestly I don't even remember his name half the time, he's pretty much never around.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Sounds like your roommate thinks that university is all about partying and doing whatever the fuck you want (including, you know, flunking classes). I'd just talk to him when you next see him and be like, "Dude, you barely even sleep here? What is going on?" Then, after that conversation, if he doesn't change his behavior, then ignore it. If it's a huge bother to you, then ask for a new roommate for next semester.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,765 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Sounds like your roommate thinks that university is all about partying and doing whatever the **** you want (including, you know, flunking classes). I'd just talk to him when you next see him and be like, "Dude, you barely even sleep here? What is going on?" Then, after that conversation, if he doesn't change his behavior, then ignore it. If it's a huge bother to you, then ask for a new roommate for next semester.

Honestly, he kinda said that that was the way he was originally, so I'm not going to be confrontational because it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I was just wondering what I should do if I come back on Monday and he still isn't back by Monday or Tuesday.
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
2,214 IQ
This happened to a friend of mine a few years ago. His housemate was later found dead. Contact someone.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
You could always talk to your RA and say, "My roommate's been missing for a few days. He said he'd be back by Monday. I mean, he typically isn't here a lot, but this is kind of worrying." If your RA thinks it's serious, then they'll know what steps to take to make sure your roommate is, say, lying a ditch somewhere hungover.
VillainousLatin
UG Newbie
317 IQ
Quote by whywefight
I wish I knew my roommate before hand, but all my friends here bitched about the extra cost of the dorm I'm in.

I was going to stay with a few friends of mine but then they dropped out of Engineering and stayed close to our home town so I had to stay with two dudes that I didn't know, everything turned out great though, they are awesome, sadly the one that I liked the most dropped out of college and went to the army, but the other one is pretty cool too. Man I was scared the first time I was going to meet them, since I'm pretty picky with people.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,765 IQ
My CA (RA, basically) usually keeps herself pretty busy, but I'll see if I can talk to her about it sometime today.
Last edited by whywefight at Feb 1, 2013,
lushacrous
drunkacrous
190 IQ
Quote by CrazyPigeon
Do you even care...?

This. Human life is stoopid lol
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,765 IQ
Quote by CrazyPigeon
Do you even care...?

I do, I just don't really know how much of a big deal it is. It's not a huge jump between being gone one day occasionally to two days, but now that its the third day I'm much more worried.
lushacrous
drunkacrous
190 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
^
lushacrous, stfu. Shit's potentially serious.

do you really think I was being serious?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

ali.guitarkid7
Gets Easier
2,304 IQ
Maybe he isn't even enrolled there? You might have been harboring a fugitive.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Ali priori / Ali posteriori
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,765 IQ
Quote by whywefight
Honestly, he kinda said that that was the way he was originally, so I'm not going to be confrontational because it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I should mention that when I said this, I meant that it didn't bother me that he's gone most of the time. This is a different situation.
OfCourseNot
There's your answer
580 IQ
Does he have a facebook?
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
So-Cal
Banned
264 IQ
If he's never there anyway I wouldn't worry about it.
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
2,050 IQ
you should pick through his stuff and claim some shit in case he never returns
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by lushacrous
do you really think I was being serious?

Of course I didn't, but how would you feel if you were joking and the guy was seriously injured or some shit? Jokes are cool and all, but not right now.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,765 IQ
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Its honestly possible. He had come to me originally saying that he would like a room in Thorne and that he had talked to residence and they'd said that my dorm room was the only one open. He also said that he had ok'd it with them and I kinda just trusted him. I talked to our CA about it and she said that she would set up a meeting with us later, so I'm not sure what she knows about it.
lushacrous
drunkacrous
190 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Of course I didn't, but how would you feel if you were joking and the guy was seriously injured or some shit? Jokes are cool and all, but not right now.

Well I was tryin to make the other guy feel bad for posting "do you even care?" but whatever sorry if things get misconstrued and I become doucheacrous
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,765 IQ
Quote by Acϵ♠
you should pick through his stuff and claim some shit in case he never returns

Nothing of interest. Most expensive thing in here is my guitar
LightxGrenade
1,140 IQ
I know this sounds lame but you it never hurts to have an emergency contact list for you and your roommates. In college one of my friends had sickle cell anemia and she had a really bad attack and had to go to the hospital. She was all medicated so she didn't even know where she was and we couldn't unlock her cellphone but because we had all made a contact list we were able to call up her parents to come by. If you know the kids house number call and ask the parents.
That being said, I had a friend who would notoriously disappear for days on end then come back like nothing ever happened. If he's one of those people than what can you really do?
JackWhiteIsButts
Hard Boyled
278 IQ
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

It's also possible that the OP is developing schizophrenia and is having vivid hallucinations and delusions of his "roommate". It commonly develops in young males in their late teens/early twenties, just saying.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by lushacrous
Well I was tryin to make the other guy feel bad for posting "do you even care?" but whatever sorry if things get misconstrued and I become doucheacrous

Oh, my bad. I misunderstood. I apologize, lush.

We cool?
lushacrous
drunkacrous
190 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Oh, my bad. I misunderstood. I apologize, lush.

We cool?

I forgive.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Acϵ♠
UG Board King
2,050 IQ
actually what if he's just a hobo that cleverly is living in your room? he might even be one of those crazy schizohobos, creepily watching you and jacking it while you're sleeping.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
If you rarely see him it's probably not a big deal. It would be something to worry about if you saw him all the time and then stopped.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,765 IQ
Quote by OfCourseNot
Does he have a facebook?

I looked through FB, I saw some profiles that might've been him, but they were so private I can't tell for sure.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,765 IQ
Quote by LightxGrenade
I know this sounds lame but you it never hurts to have an emergency contact list for you and your roommates. In college one of my friends had sickle cell anemia and she had a really bad attack and had to go to the hospital. She was all medicated so she didn't even know where she was and we couldn't unlock her cellphone but because we had all made a contact list we were able to call up her parents to come by. If you know the kids house number call and ask the parents.
That being said, I had a friend who would notoriously disappear for days on end then come back like nothing ever happened. If he's one of those people than what can you really do?

That's something I'll do in the future, but unfortunately I can do much now
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
It's also possible that the OP is developing schizophrenia and is having vivid hallucinations and delusions of his "roommate". It commonly develops in young males in their late teens/early twenties, just saying.

....my dorm room didn't have a futon before.... now it has a futon???? that's all I've got to disprove that statement.
adamgur96
Not caring no more
866 IQ
Relax, your roommate's probably just banging and killing hookers.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,765 IQ
Quote by chev311e
What you really need is a new roommate.

I'm actually working on it for fall semester.
So-Cal
Banned
264 IQ
Quote by adamgur96
Relax, your roommate's probably just banging and killing hookers.

Or maybe his roommate is batman and is banging and killing hookers.