Page 2 of 3
even if he's not dead, it sounds just from that bit of information like he's depressed and/or on drugs.

i'd contact your RA immediately and let them know the situation. let them take care of it; once you notify them it's kind of in their hands.
#DTWD
If i was in that situation, i would just ask him why he was never around next time i see him. Nothing too serious, i would keep it light so that it doesn't seem like i'm on his case. Does he live close to his home town? Maybe he goes home sometimes? I used to do that over weekends and if i had a few free days with no lectures and nothing to do, and sometimes i would get the same thing, i would come back and my housemates would tell me they had been wondering where i had been.

I think there is more cause for concern if you just never see him.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by whywefight
I'm actually working on it for fall semester.

Good. I had to deal with random roommates one time in the summer, but it was an apartment style building so I had my own room. I couldn't imagine a random roommate in a dorm room. It's bad enough with a close friend.
Quote by whywefight
....my dorm room didn't have a futon before.... now it has a futon???? that's all I've got to disprove that statement.

Somnambulism, you sleep-walked the night that previous tenants were moving out of neighboring dorms/apartments and brought it back off the street. Since you were unconscious during the whole act you attributed this to your roommate moving in with you when you saw the futon the next morning.
.....and I did all of this while simultaneously watching Django Unchained? Because I came back to my room after seeing it in theaters and he had just moved the futon in with some friends without telling me about it prior.
Quote by primusfan
he's depressed and/or on drugs.

So? I'm majorly depressed and "on drugs". It's cool, people can disappear for a while it seems and still be on top of shit. I have a first year buddy at U of T who lives on campus but spends a shitload of time chilling at our place/other people's places since he has a ton of older friends. Shit happens, just because a dude isn't around all the time doesn't mean anything bad.
Your experience of watching Django Unchained is what you were dreaming about as you had moved the futon into your dorm. You then woke up as you were coming back to your room and were unable to distinguish that dream from reality. So you never really saw Django Unchained, you just had a dream that you did and you later read analyses and critiques of the film online and then retroactively altered your memory of the "film" to be congruent with what other people wrote about it.
Last edited by JackWhiteIsButts at Feb 1, 2013,
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Your experience of watching Django Unchained is what you were dreaming about as you had moved the futon into your dorm. You then woke up as you were coming back to your room and were unable to distinguish that dream from reality. So you never really saw Django Unchained, you just had a dream that you did and you later retroactively read analyses and critiques of the film online and then altered your memory of the "film" to be congruent with what other people wrote about it.

.....Either way, it was a damn good movie and I fully enjoyed pretending to watch it.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
poke him with a stick

What if he's just in a coma?
Quote by whywefight
.....Either way, it was a damn good movie and I fully enjoyed pretending to watch it.

Maybe if it comes out on Netflix some day I'll be able to see it and judge for myself.

Oh, wait.
He could just be really sleepy. I had to deal with one of these as well since my roomie missed some obligations because he was just out. I went in there and poked him with a hockey stick to make sure he wasnt dead. dude was just sleepy. Happens quite a bit actually, I'm the most notorious for having ridiculous sleeping schedules without even realising it sometimes. Sometimes I'll just appear out of nowhere and say "good morning" at 7pm
Not to scare you or anything but last year in halls we didn't see one of our friends (lived on our corridor - everyone has separate rooms) for 3 days. This case is a bit different as he was often around and pretty good friends with everyone there. Anyway it turned out he had been mugged walking home from a night out and left in a river over night - he was found unconscious and was put into ICU but had no identification on him so the police didn't know who he was. Then we heard a news report about a lad that had been found and he matched the description so we told the police and it was him.
Fortunately he was found the morning after the attack, if his body had been hidden/ out of sight he would've died.

Moral of the story is better to be safe than sorry, inform whoever is in charge and they'll have more of an idea of how to progress from there. Hope he's okay.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
You should definitely report it to your RA as crazysam said. If something is actually wrong and he is in danger or worse you won't feel very good knowing that perhaps something could have been done to prevent it.
If he is fine and his behavior troubles you then you should find a new roommate, you can't hold everyone's hand in life and if it is having a negative impact on you then you need to do something about it.
Did you actually look in his bed? I know it sounds stupid, but last year we had someone "go missing" in out dorm only to be found 3 hours later asleep in their bed. When asked where she was she said she'd been there sleeping for about 6 hours now

Like said, they could just be a really, REALLY heavy sleeper!

The most hilarious part was that someone in my hall was accused of kidnapping her! Granted, I wouldn't put it past him (just one of those guys, y'know? That shouldn't be in housing for a myriad of reasons but has a ton of money to get him there.
I'd leave too if I had to share a room with you!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Ur all $h1t
This happened to a friend of mine a few years ago. His housemate was later found dead. Contact someone.

this guy generally gives good information/advice so i'm just gonna go with this.

also, even though he's gone all the time and it's only been three days, if his friends are going around looking for him it might be pretty serious. i would definitely tell someone higher up about it, better safe than sorry
Last edited by Dregen at Feb 1, 2013,
Quote by WCPhils
I'd leave too if I had to share a room with you!

Quote by Dregen
also, even though he's gone all the time and it's only been three days, if his friends are going around looking for him then i would definitely tell someone higher up about it. better safe than sorry i guess

to be fair, that was the day after the last time I'd seen him. He might have just not talked to them since last Thursday when he first went home for the weekend
Quote by whywefight

Seriously though, you should tell your RA
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I was a little tongue in cheek with my response, but really, contact someone That's really all you can do. I have a friend who would go missing for months on end and no one would know where he was until out of the blue he shows up saying "What's up guys, back from Missouri", so there's hope!

This is also the same guy who woke up naked in a ditch once black-out drunk... But he's on top of his shit, so it's definitely not the same guy.
ok, im just throwing something out there...... just because he sleeps late and comes home late doesnt mean jack when it comes to "having your shit together" i knew a guy 1st year who would basically get black out drunk 4 times a week and he was the smartest dicktree on the floor (math and chinese classes (he isnt even chinese)) and as for him not being around a lot your probably lucky, shit my best friend was my dorm roomie and i wanted to strangle him with barbed wire and throw his lifeless body into a vat of hot tar, but theres too many tough cats guarding those.
Quote by chud123
ok, im just throwing something out there...... just because he sleeps late and comes home late doesnt mean jack when it comes to "having your shit together" i knew a guy 1st year who would basically get black out drunk 4 times a week and he was the smartest dicktree on the floor (math and chinese classes (he isnt even chinese)) and as for him not being around a lot your probably lucky, shit my best friend was my dorm roomie and i wanted to strangle him with barbed wire and throw his lifeless body into a vat of hot tar, but theres too many tough cats guarding those.

aight. I'm aware that not being around doesn't mean that he isn't on his shit, but he's not on his shit.
The dorm admins must have a contact number for him and, as you are clearly worried, you should definitely let them know what is going on. Better to be safe than sorry...

Then once he is found (hopefully alive and well) you should take a contact number from him.
One time I thought my roommate was out and he was sleeping on the top bunk. Kinda funny actually. Glad I wasn't jerking off or anything.

Yeah, tell your RA. Probably tell them that he's gone a lot, so they don't go into full panic mode or anything, but just try to get them to get ahold of him or something.

I didn't realize you were whywefight until halfway through this thread because you changed your avatar. Funny how that happens.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Well, atleast you might end up getting straight A's this semester. Or is only my school that does that?
1. masturbate
2. take all his cool stuff and claim its your just incase. (put you name on all of it)
3. tell someone.
You could try calling the local jail. For all you know he went out Monday night and wound up in the slammer.
I pride myself on my humility.
I once had a roomate desert me.

That fucking goldfish cost me 2 whole bucks
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: This jazz piano music playing over the PA like wow for once it's good stuff they're playing

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?
Quote by So-Cal
Or maybe his roommate is batman and is banging and killing hookers.

For all we know, he could be the man that saved us from the 2012 apocalypse. It's best we not interfere.

But for real, I'm kind of torn here too.
Quote by Death_switch
The dorm admins must have a contact number for him and, as you are clearly worried, you should definitely let them know what is going on. Better to be safe than sorry...

Then once he is found (hopefully alive and well) you should take a contact number from him.

On one hand, I agree with this. But on the other, it might be intrusive if he's just out doing his own thing. Then he'll just think you're freaking weird man.
I don't know!
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by So-Cal
Or maybe his roommate is batman and is banging and killing hookers.
I hope he's at least doing that in that particular order o_O
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: This jazz piano music playing over the PA like wow for once it's good stuff they're playing

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?
So my CA's not around (basically an RA) and I noticed that my roommate's toothbrush and toothpaste are still on his dresser. Other than that, there really isn't anything else that one would need to stay overnight somewhere. I don't really see any clothes or anything, but its not like I've been digging through his stuff. Everything I've noticed so far has just been from me cleaning my freakin room up because its a mess.
he could also be in a psychiatric ward. that kind of stuff is kept very low key. ask around your floor, and definitely express your concerns with the RA/"CA" as soon as they come back around.