so im looking on ebay for another esp on ebay guitar (im in Australia)

i already own a esp eclipse 2 and im really happy with that but i want to get another esp with a larger scale

im really only looking second hand because generally people that buy instruments appreciate instruments and take care of them so i don't really have a huge fear of buying a beaten up guitar... and its like half the price.

i stumbled across an ESP LTD H-401FM and a ESP MH-401QMNT LTD

ive compared them and besides the maple tops and different headstock there doesn't seem to be any difference.

does anyone have any experience with either of these guitars and say which is better?

im looking to play metalcore / hardcore
Last edited by theladchaplad at Feb 2, 2013,
Okay those are not ESP's their LTD's. Calling them ESP's is like calling an Epiphone a Gibson, or a Squier a Fender. That being said

The 401FM has Seymour Duncan C5 in the bridge, and a jazz in the neck and the other has EMG active pups
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Alucard817
Okay those are not ESP's their LTD's. Calling them ESP's is like calling an Epiphone a Gibson, or a Squier a Fender. That being said

The 401FM has Seymour Duncan C5 in the bridge, and a jazz in the neck and the other has EMG active pups

haters gunna hate
Quote by theladchaplad
haters gunna hate

No. It's called properly referring to the guitar company. I never said anything a hater would.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by theladchaplad
haters gunna hate

Protip: You get help by not being an asshat.

There's a significant difference from an LTD to an ESP. If you ever played a high-end ESP, you'd know understand what I'm talking about.

Besides pickups (which are always replaceable), the only difference is aesthetics.
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
ESP/LTD SN-1000
Jackson Stars Kelly "Aiko"
Ormsby SX6 prototype
Dingwall NG-2 "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
EVH 5153
Quote by theladchaplad
haters gunna hate

He's not hating, he's telling you that LTD is a lower-end brand than ESP. So an ESP will naturally be built to a higher standard.

And a spec sheet means little when craftsmanship and wood quality is thrown into the equation.
Last edited by W4RP1G at Feb 2, 2013,