Page 3 of 9
Quote by Trowzaa
I think it's because the people that grew up with the PlayStation, straight for PS1 and nearing their 20s or are above 20, whereas the kids that grew up with the Xbox from the start are still in their early teens.

PlayStation One came out in 1994.
The first Xbox came out in 2001.

You make your allegiances when you're young.

I mean, Xbox came out when I was in 6th grade. I'm 23 now. I think Xbox's community grew to be that 15-19 crowd and just never changed. I did feel a little old on XBL when dealing with immature adolescents who had their parents pay for everything and made gaming their life.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Xbox has IE now. The web browser on PS3 is shit.

Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Godsmack_IV
There's shit and then there's ps3 web browser shit tier.

And then theres IE.
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Godsmack_IV
There's shit and then there's ps3 web browser shit tier.

I don't use my PS3 for browsing the internet. It's made for playing games.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
I think it's because the people that grew up with the PlayStation, straight for PS1 and nearing their 20s or are above 20, whereas the kids that grew up with the Xbox from the start are still in their early teens.

PlayStation One came out in 1994.
The first Xbox came out in 2001.

You make your allegiances when you're young.

That's exactly me. I went PS1>PS2 then Xbox 360 just because I preferred it.
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Quote by thenextkirk92
I never said that the YLOD was as prevalent. I just mentioned that they had their issues too. Neither were perfect.

I've always done this anyway. It speeds up loading, reduces heat and prevents drive failure as you mentioned. Plus the new slim models have an upgraded disk drive I think (don't quote me).

I had the money for a 120gb HDD from release so I was lucky I guess but I've had it for 3 years and it's survived an earthquake and has never failed, probably because I looked after it. Both consoles are great but I just enjoyed the xbox more. Limiting yourself to one console just seems stupid to me.

I was a Xbox fanboy through and through. I had my 360 on a locker grate in the middle of my room for the last 4 years. Trust me, I'm not limiting myself, M$ ruled itself out. I'm more open to getting a Wii.
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Trowzaa
I don't use my PS3 for browsing the internet. It's made for playing games.

As you should. But someone posted the ps3's web browser as an advantage. Tbh, both consoles suck for web browsing but the ps3 is just pathetic in that regard.
It works for me. And PS3 had the constantly-updating Xbox beaten to that punch for a year... same with built in wi-fi adapters.
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
It works for me. And PS3 had the constantly-updating Xbox beaten to that punch for a year... same with built in wi-fi adapters.

This pissed me off. Oh, you've bought an Xbox, you wanna go online? That'll be £5 a month please. Oh and you need to spend £25 on a wifi adapter. I just bridged my connection from my laptop, **** adapters.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Yeah, I had to direct connect too. Their adapters weren't even good and dropped signal until the Wireless G and N ones came out.
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
Quote by damian_91
For the PC gamers in here, you have incentives for wanting the new consoles.

Both the PS4 and NextBox are rumored to be using x64 architecture, which is extremely similar to the x86_64 architecture that is in the vast majority of PCs today. Both systems are also rumored to use 8 core CPUs, and AMD Southern Islands GPUs (Radeon HD 6000 series) So what does this mean?

Multi-platform games should be easier to port and optimize for the PC, seeing as both consoles basically are PCs. The 8 core CPUs should also mean we finally see devs implementing better multi-thread support in their games. Also, the HD 6000 series has DirectX11 support. So we'll finally start to see the majority of new PC games use DirectX11, which has some nice sexy features that have been absent from the majority of multi-platform PC releases.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by muffinduck01

Both the PS4 and NextBox are rumored to be using x64 architecture, which is extremely similar to the x86_64 architecture that is in the vast majority of PCs today. Both systems are also rumored to use 8 core CPUs, and AMD Southern Islands GPUs (Radeon HD 6000 series) So what does this mean?

Multi-platform games should be easier to port and optimize for the PC, seeing as both consoles basically are PCs. The 8 core CPUs should also mean we finally see devs implementing better multi-thread support in their games. Also, the HD 6000 series has DirectX11 support. So we'll finally start to see the majority of new PC games use DirectX11, which has some nice sexy features that have been absent from the majority of multi-platform PC releases.

I heard a rumour that the nextgen xbox would be a close price to the current one. Would be amazing if they could pull that off with those specs
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Quote by muffinduck01

So I'll need TWO GTX 680s to feel superior now? Damnit, that sucks.

Edit: Honestly, if GTA V comes out on the new consoles I'm just going to buy one to put in my room, because sharing is gehy.
Skipping the Xbox fanboyism community.

I just hope for retrocompatibillity, i have a shitload of nice games lying around there for a replay.
Also, hope they keep using blu ray, its a blessing in durabillity plus gives away more space to develop games (ie MGS4).
Oh and the free online
I don't give a shit 'bout the price, anything under 1st / 2nd gen PS3 prices will do the trick.
PACIFIC/OCEAN
PACIFIC OCE/AN
PACIFIC OCEAN/
PACIFIC_OCEAN
PACIFIC OCEA_N
_PACIFIC OCEAN
Last edited by PacificOcean at Feb 2, 2013,
Oh snap, I forgot that Steam is making a console. I hope the other next gen consoles suffer a painful death.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
My decision to buy the PS4 will rest solely on GTAV.

And subsequent reviews of the PS4.
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Yeah, I ain't gonna buy it I don't think.

The PS3 is fine, even though most games are boring now and diluted. PS4 games will probably be diluted with better graphics. No thanks.
Last console I got was a GameBoy color way back in 2000.

I kind of want to get a PS4 when it comes out.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
I'll still probably buy one but at the moment i'm looking to buy a gaming pc. I like my strategy games and the modding opportunities pc's offer. I only enjoy 3rd person shooters more on console and anything else is just better on pc.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Xbox has IE now. The web browser on PS3 is shit.

>Implying a web browser is a console selling point
>Implying IE is anything other than a stain on human history
Quote by PacificOcean
I just hope for retrocompatibillity

>getting rid of old consoles
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by mayslash
Its new hardware. The only time Sony has done a "Playstation meeting" is for new hardware. SO unless its Vita 2, its the PS4.

Oh, sure, I'm guessing it will be the ps4 unveiling. I was just pointing out that nothing was 100% yet.

On a related note, we'll probably just get a limited peek at it. The big stuff will come at E3 I think. That's how it works, isn't it?
Stuff like this makes me glad I switched to PC gaming.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Holy Katana
No, they have the sound of an orchestra tuning up when you boot them.

**** that shit.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by Holy Katana
I only finally got around to buying a PS3 on Black Friday.

This, fucking exact same thing I did.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
I have an Xbox 360 and PS3 and I'll probably be getting the new Xbox because almost everybody I know has an Xbox so...

It's way more fun to play with people you know in real life than strangers.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by mayslash
Nope. Xbox 720 is going to be way more powerful than Ps4 according to rumors.

16 core cpu : http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/xbox-720-to-be-a-16-core-powerhouse-1075933

2 8000 AMD GPUs in Crossfire : http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-720-Have-Blu-Ray-Dual-GPUs-Says-Report-41061.html

IDGAF about either. I was talking about the software and UI that is most likely going to be absolute shit.
Quote by thenextkirk92
I heard a rumour that the nextgen xbox would be a close price to the current one. Would be amazing if they could pull that off with those specs

The HD 6000 series is already a gen old, and the 8000's could easily be out by the time the next gen of consoles hit. Also, the AMD 8 core processors are rather cheap. I don't see a problem with them fitting specs like those for under 400.
Quote by Holy Katana
No, they have the sound of an orchestra tuning up when you boot them.

They still have that one sound when the PS1 logo shows up when you play a PS1 game.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

and it still doesn't change my point, Why spend 1500 bucks on a computer when you can spend 200 bucks on a console?

Why spend £2k on a fender custom shop strat when you can buy a squier bullet strat?
i've been a playstation gamer my entire life but i won't be buying this. it's way too soon.

Quote by MinterMan22
i've been a playstation gamer my entire life but i won't be buying this. it's way too soon.

wat, u srs?

this is far too late. I really hope the new models of playstations and xboxes are well specd because the current consoles are holding up development.

This video is 2007 graphics, and it's still graphically better than 90% of the games out now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT6U4vIgX9w
Quote by TooktheAtrain
wat, u srs?

this is far too late. I really hope the new models of playstations and xboxes are well specd because the current consoles are holding up development.

This video is 2007 graphics, and it's still graphically better than 90% of the games out now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT6U4vIgX9w

too soon for me man

if you put me on a spectrum from casual gamer to hardcore gamer, i'd be right in the middle. i play my ps3 a lot but i really couldn't care less about graphics or processors or all that jargon that i can't understand. i just wanna have fun. spending shit tons of money that i probably don't have on another gaming system is no fun

yeah, I kinda know that feel. Will be awesome to see what the devs can do with the "new" hardware though