Page 1 of 7
Sir-Shredalot
Banned
120 IQ
Which genres of music do you not get?

Im into deal metal, but the djent stuff is just monotinous and soulless. also some of the 60s free jazz is pretty out there..Ornette Colman etc.
Spaztikko
90 IQ
Death metal is balls.

The Djent shit isn't even a genre.

Most of it's prog.

Also black metal is the shit.

But death metal and grindcore is balls.
King Donkey
yes
91 IQ
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Which genres of music do you not get?

Im into deal metal, but the djent stuff is just monotinous and soulless. also some of the 60s free jazz is pretty out there..Ornette Colman etc.

Is deal metal the sort of music you listen to while playing Monopoly?
West Ham United
Woffelz
Mmmm...donuts...
405 IQ
Jazz, death metal, most music that involves screaming and growling etc
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
80 IQ
music that isn't western pop
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
lncognito
10 IQ
Well, technically I'm in the same boat as Sam here. As for music that I can't understand how anyone can appreciate... there's not that much, although some metal is pretty close. Like borkencyde
King Twili
UG's Constable
101 IQ
Djent, trap.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
JokerGrin
Banned
10 IQ
Tool. Though I would quite like to.

EDIT: I'd never heard of Djent before so I looked it up. Sounds a lot like Meshuggah to me. I don't get how it is a genre, it's like metalcore and such.
Last edited by JokerGrin at Feb 2, 2013,
Dynamight
576 IQ
Death, Black, Doom, Sludge, Viking, Grindcore and all the other weird crossover genres... hell I don't understand subsubgenres at all—why would you take one aspect of what others have done before you, and then repeat it ad infinitum? You should be striving for variety, not monotony.
The more you say 'epic' the less it means.
loose bowels
You left me...
10 IQ
Quote by Dynamight
Death, Black, Doom, Sludge, Viking, Grindcore and all the other weird crossover genres... hell I don't understand subsubgenres at all—why would you take one aspect of what others have done before you, and then repeat it ad infinitum? You should be striving for variety, not monotony.

Monotony is comforting, variety can lead to disappointment.
OUT OF ORDER
TheNameOfNoone
Buckethead's Right Hand
336 IQ
Rave, electronic speedcore. I like trancey stuff and industrial, but I just can't get into all that superfast repetitive sounds with no variations at all.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
pawnluv
Spread The Luv
50 IQ
The growling/grunting vocals type of metal
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Krieger91
I Sold The World
431 IQ
I've got a few friends who are heavily into epic/viking/whatever metal and are part of the silly Manowar cult.

I, honestly, just don't get the genre. I can't listen to something with lyrics composed of four words: war, fight, viking, epic. Dafuq.

And I'm also not a huge fan of modern poppy metalcore. I.E Trash metal style riffs-love lyrics.

Other than that I'm generally quite open minded musically. I'm also currently listening to genres which 3 years ago would've hated.
Ither
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
So-Cal
Banned
20 IQ
Quote by BenRaah
Converge and Neutral Milk Hotel. Guess I don't have the right feels.

Ah yes NMH, it just sounds so pretentious.
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
20 IQ
bad club music, a lot of metal, the "balls-to-the-walls kind of rock" a la AC/DC, Accept and all those shit bands. Seriously, what gives?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Gantz92
20 IQ
Reggae. I like a few Bob Marley songs but pretty much everything else in the genre bores me to tears after 30 seconds.
TheNameOfNoone
Buckethead's Right Hand
336 IQ
Quote by Random3
Never really understood obscenely dirty sounding metal (black metal, traditional death metal, grindcore etc).

Your mind is not developed enough to dissolve all the notes from the true so-called 'dirty sounding' metal.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Ian_the_fox
Banned
270 IQ
Well, I've mentioned grindcore many times in the past, don't think I need to go into that again.

There's also breakbeat/mashcore/whatever the hell this is:

And, whatever the hell this is:

Like everyone else here, I want to say Djent, but not all of it. Most of it though. I really dislike Meshugga and Cloudkicker for their levels of blandness and repitition, but Tessaract and Skyharbor (which has Tessaract's old singer) are actually great bands.

I also don't get this whole "experiemental-ambient" movement, where it's just a bunch of weird ambient noises compiled together. What I've personally heard it doesn't even sound like music to me.
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
10 IQ
Quote by BenRaah
Converge and Neutral Milk Hotel. Guess I don't have the right feels.

Both of these. I kinda liked some parts of what Converge I heard and there were some cool moments on In The Aeroplane but I don't get how they're so revolutionary and mindblowing and all that. Death Grips too.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
170 IQ
Bob Dylan

how anyone can consider this guy anything other than a wordsmith is beyond me

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Random3
Likes Satchurated fat.
657 IQ
Quote by TheNameOfNoone
Your mind is not developed enough to dissolve all the notes from the true so-called 'dirty sounding' metal.

Well I mean I love BTBAM, Sikth and Dillinger, but stuff like this to me just sounds like... I don't even know what:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AIJuRGYmWk
adamgur96
Not caring no more
668 IQ
Quote by Random3
but stuff like this to me just sounds like... I don't even know what:

Anal Cunt were bad on purpose, Seth Putnman (lead singer and founder) was a kind of guy that didn't give a shit about anything and didn't want to sound good.

Google him if you wanna know in more detail
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Random3
Likes Satchurated fat.
657 IQ
Quote by adamgur96
Anal Cunt were bad on purpose, Seth Putnman (lead singer and founder) was a kind of guy that didn't give a shit about anything and didn't want to sound good.

Google him if you wanna know in more detail

Fair enough, guess they were a bad example.
WholeLottaIzzy
UGs Only Rhythm Guitarist
800 IQ
The Beatles.

Most prog that I've ever heard

Hip hop

Dubstep

Those bands who have the singer screaming about redemption, his wrath, betrayal etc while holding his hand out stretched in front of him with a stupid haircut while the rest of the band play some unimaginative drop b rhythm. Usually classed as -core or post something...

Also, Periphery. I mean, really...
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
10 IQ
Oh yeah, Periphery is just awful though.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
macashmack
Maskcashmack
170 IQ
Atonal music.
Atonal music is for fags who just listen to it to be different. It simply isn't possible to enjoy.