Page 153 of 153
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,254 IQ
Quote by Carnivean
The city is the cornerstone city of the South. It's filled with history and diversity and spectacles to see.
This is the stuff I'm interested in. Gimme some recommendations!

Quote by Carnivean
Ted Turner owns Turner Field. He's very rich and old and stuff. There are statues of legendary Braves such as Hank Aaron and Greg Maddux around the outside. You'll need a tomahawk and glove. The tomahawk chop is a legendary ritual everyone in the stadium performs when the game gets down to the wire.
Will definitely check out the statues, are there any other historic things in the park? For example, Citi Field has the Mets Hall of Fame and Museum (which I've actually never been to now that I think of it). Is the fence over which Aaron hit 715 still in the parking lot? By the way, of course I'm aware of the chop. I guess I'm going to have to partake, as much as my inner Mets fan is screaming at me not to

Quote by Carnivean
Coke is a big partner, with the Braves and with the city. There's coke products galore, maybe even a little soda tasting attraction within the stadium, along with other Coke brand attractions and products.
Is the World of Coca-Cola worth a trip?
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Last edited by BrainDamage at Yesterday
TheChaz
Other Barry
543 IQ
Quote by BrainDamage
This is the stuff I'm interested in. Gimme some recommendations!

Will definitely check out the statues, are there any other historic things in the park? For example, Citi Field has the Mets Hall of Fame and Museum (which I've actually never been to now that I think of it). Is the fence over which Aaron hit 715 still in the parking lot? By the way, of course I'm aware of the chop. I guess I'm going to have to partake, as much as my inner Mets fan is screaming at me not to

Is the World of Coca-Cola worth a trip?

And possibly your inner decent human being
chrismendiola
953 IQ
Quote by BrainDamage
Have they though? Despite the Chapman deal that happened today (which is a great deal for them), I keep hearing they're not fully committed to selling just yet.

They're low-key sellers, as far as I'm concerned. I doubt the Yankees front office's pride would ever let them declare themselves sellers.
necrosis1193
UG Nerd
8,778 IQ
Quote by bradulator
That's a cool hat. I don't think I can pull off the flat bill hats without looking like a doofus so I just wanted a classic style and this one was on sale so I didn't look too hard for one

Very nice! My little league teamas a kid copied the Tigers logo, so I've always had a soft spot for them. Kudos for finding an adjustable too, it seems like they only sell fitted hats now.

I can't pull flat brims off either, but all the Orioles hats I like are flat so I just buy them and bend the brim myself
Hey you! Yes, you! Buy my music! It's cool and stuff!

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern division champions, 2015: 81-81
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 world champions, 2015: 5-11
2015 Pick 'Em: 155-101
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,254 IQ
Quote by TheChaz
And possibly your inner decent human being
Fair point. But when in Rome, etc. etc.

Quote by chrismendiola
They're low-key sellers, as far as I'm concerned. I doubt the Yankees front office's pride would ever let them declare themselves sellers.
Apparently they're going to see how this week goes and then make the decision whether to buy or sell at the deadline. Because 5 games with two months to play are going to make or break their season
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Last edited by BrainDamage at Yesterday
necrosis1193
UG Nerd
8,778 IQ
Quote by BrainDamage
Apparently they're going to see how this week goes and then make the decision whether to buy or sell at the deadline. Because 5 games with two months to play are going to make or break their season

I mean given how questionable every team in the al east is, it probably could.

Then again I want the Yankees to go all in this year so they empty out their farm system and continue being terrible so I may be biased towards having them be a buyer
Hey you! Yes, you! Buy my music! It's cool and stuff!

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern division champions, 2015: 81-81
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 world champions, 2015: 5-11
2015 Pick 'Em: 155-101
chrismendiola
953 IQ
Quote by BrainDamage

I simultaneously can see why they don't want to be sellers since they've been playing pretty well as of late, but I also see merit in just becoming sellers. They don't have many pieces they could move anyway since the Yankees love signing big contracts with no-trade clauses*, especially now that Chapman's been traded. Teams want Miller, Betances (whom the Yankees will be reluctant to move unless they get some really intriguing offers), or Beltran- I can't really see any others. If they trade Beltran, it'd basically be saying they're giving up on the season, but it would be a good thing to do, IMO. It's the last year of his contract, he's had a stellar season, and he has great postseason numbers- that and on a personal note, he's never won a ring and I'd like to see him get one.

*Imagine this: The Yankees pay Alex Rodriguez $20 million to not only play an already limited role as a DH, but he platoons the DH. He's on the bench!
Quote by necrosis1193
Then again I want the Yankees to go all in this year so they empty out their farm system and continue being terrible so I may be biased towards having them be a buyer

The Yankees have a pretty deep farm system, IMO- or at least, what I mean to say is that next year, they could have a great young team. But the Yankees are paying for their predilection to having big names so they don't really have room for them. At least Teixiera's contract is up next year, and as much as I liked his contributions since coming to New York, I hope they don't resign him, especially with Greg Bird coming back from the DL. Nowhere to put Gary Sanchez and possibly no room to put Aaron Judge if the Yankees front office keeps putting all of their faith in Aaron Hicks.
Last edited by chrismendiola at Yesterday