Page 2 of 170
I just thought of something. Dickey is probably going to have trouble with the Knuckleball in the AL East. People have been hitting Tim Wakefield for years in the AL East
Quote by kcmoon5150
Give back RA Dickey
Honestly I would rather have the prospects.

Quote by Guitarlord44
I just thought of something. Dickey is probably going to have trouble with the Knuckleball in the AL East. People have been hitting Tim Wakefield for years in the AL East
They're different pitchers. Wakefield threw 65 mph floaters. Dickey changes speeds with his, and can get it up to the high 70s and even break 80.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by BrainDamage

They're different pitchers. Wakefield threw 65 mph floaters. Dickey changes speeds with his, and can get it up to the high 70s and even break 80.

Still. A knuckle ball is a knuckle ball. I think the Jays should have kept D'Arnuad instead of giving him away for Dickey. He's old and not worth it, in my opinion
Quote by Guitarlord44
Still. A knuckle ball is a knuckle ball.
I know, but people act as if this Cy Young year was a fluke that just came out of nowhere. He had two really good years with the Mets before last year. Yes, a knuckleball is still an unpredictable pitch but he throws it with more control than you would expect while changing speeds. Even if the Jays get 2010 or 2011 Dickey they're still getting a good pitcher.

Quote by Guitarlord44
I think the Jays should have kept D'Arnuad instead of giving him away for Dickey. He's old and not worth it, in my opinion
Probably, but the Jays are clearly making a push to win now in an AL East that's pretty much wide open. Dickey will help them.
Quote by Thefallofman
Lol Josh Hamilton. If he thinks the expectations of Ranger fans are out of control, hes in for a rude awakening when he goes to a team who just threw 375 million at two players.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Anyone hear about that Mariners prospect who is eating 6500 calories a day!?

The dude was like 146, now hes 196. Looks like a put the weight on correctly too. Props to this guy, thats hard to do.
Play Loud! Play Fast! Play Raw!
Turned on the Mets game a few minutes ago and it looks like I just missed Zack Wheeler on the mound. Also, fun fact: the highest paid outfielders on the Mets right now are Jason Bay and Bobby Bonilla.
Quote by Thefallofman
Does anyone know good sites to play keeper fantasy leagues? I've been on Yahoo before and it was alright but I have no idea if/can't find out how to play keeper leagues on it

Also I'm joining a fantasy league for advanced stats. Nothing too outlandish, just stuff like OBP, ISO, WAR etc. in place of batting avg and stuff but still cool.
I don't know if I'm going to be active in this thread since the Marlins got rid of EVERY SINGLE one of my favorite players. And they are overpaid which bothers me a lot. And I didn't pay like any attention last year since I joined the Navy. And because I'm stationed in Hawaii and they don't have baseball out here

But if games show up on TV, I might watch them...

<.<

>.>
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Does Hawaii watch any mainstream sports?? Lol I've only been there once and I sure as hell didn't watch TV.
They show Lakers games....
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by BrainDamage

Probably, but the Jays are clearly making a push to win now in an AL East that's pretty much wide open. Dickey will help them.

I agree I liked the prospects but RA Dickey is much more beneficial to the Blue Jays right now. Plus the team still has Aaron Sanchez in the minors.
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by talia.
They show Lakers games....

I'm sorry.. I had no idea it was that bad....

I'll be sure to send pix from Busch Stadium haha
Quote by BrainDamage

He was the perfect cap to the off-season. I don't like that we gave up Syndaguard and D'arnaud for him, but the Miami trade was a steal and it was the final piece to the puzzle.

Syndaguard may one day become a Cy young contender, but hey, we have a cy young winner here now.
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
put me down for the yanks please

and Grandy out till first week of may
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by shredibanez24
put me down for the yanks please

and Grandy out till first week of may

And can some one tell me how Toronto was playing two games today.
Quote by sketchy z
He was the perfect cap to the off-season. I don't like that we gave up Syndaguard and D'arnaud for him, but the Miami trade was a steal and it was the final piece to the puzzle.

Syndaguard may one day become a Cy young contender, but hey, we have a cy young winner here now.
Like I said, Jays are trying to win now and the Mets are a few years off from really contending so the trade makes sense for both teams.

Quote by Guitarlord44

And can some one tell me how Toronto was playing two games today.
They're split squad games...half the team plays in each game.

Also, if you haven't seen, MLB.com has been releasing old highlight videos recently:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=25607047&c_id=mlb
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=25596005&c_id=mlb
Quote by Thefallofman
Whattt I get spring training games in Hawaii!?!?!

I'm assuming they play Dodgers/Padres/Angels games here.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Joe Mauer's wife is pregnant with twins. I gotta say, that's some impressive team commitment.
The Tribe is looking solid. I'm predicting another phenomenal start followed by a depressing decline into last place.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
The Tribe is looking solid. I'm predicting another phenomenal start followed by a depressing decline into last place.

This has been the story of the Jays for the last like 5 years. Have unreal pitching through May, be in 1st or 2nd, then half the team gets injured and we slide into good ol' 3rd or 4th place for the rest of the season.

...and something tells me this year won't be any different. I seriously question the medical and training staff that the Jays employ because it's literally the same damn story every year.

As for the Syndergaard and D'Arnaud comments above; im a pretty big baseball fan, but i pay literally zero attention to young prospects like that because A) the Jays have this wonderful tendency of ruining great prospects (Chacin, Cecil, Snider, etc) and B) i highly doubt either of them would have been playing in Toronto in their primes anyways. I can only hope that Dickey is as advertised, this city is so starved for a winning sports franchise
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'd like to see Howard return to form.

I mean.. Wtf am I saying?!

Anyway, go Braves. We're in gear to smoke it this season. Already like 3-1 in spring training :P
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
The Marlins are 3-1-1 in Spring Training and are winning their game against the Cardinals right now. Perfect example of why Spring Training records are meaningless.
Quote by iro-bot31
The Marlins are 3-1-1 in Spring Training and are winning their game against the Cardinals right now. Perfect example of why Spring Training records are meaningless.

Aren't they losing 6-1?
Quote by iro-bot31

There there. Pre-season records are not always indicators of the opposite in the regular season.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Guitarlord44
Aren't they losing 6-1?

I just checked ESPN's box scores and it has Marlins winning 1-0. Maybe ESPN just sucks at updating scores or something.

Quote by Carnivean
There there. Pre-season records are not always indicators of the opposite in the regular season.

I want the Braves to do well. I dislike the Nats and I was a Braves fan as a litte kid, before we got the Marlins. I have no hope about the Marlins being good this year, though.
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Feb 28, 2013,
Quote by iro-bot31
I just checked ESPN's box scores and it has Marlins winning 1-0. Maybe ESPN just sucks at updating scores or something.

I just checked MLB.com. They're losing 6-1
Quote by Guitarlord44
I just checked MLB.com. They're losing 6-1

That's what I get for using ESPN, haha.

EDIT: That reminds me, is there anywhere I can actually watch spring training games (aside from the MLB channel which I don't get at university)? Streaming sites like First Row only have one televised game on now, out of the seven being played?
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Feb 28, 2013,
Yeah I just looked on my go to stream sites and they're only showing televised spring training games.
STಠ_ಠ
Is it strange that I'm more interested in the World Baseball Classic than spring training?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by soundgarden1986
Halladay looks like he's pretty much back to his old form. And it's nice seeing a healthy Utley and Howard. This is gonna be one hell of a season.

Yea, they look great so far.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by necrosis1193
Is it strange that I'm more interested in the World Baseball Classic than spring training?

Nope!

I feel the same way. Rooting for your country is far more exciting than seeing spring training, well for me.
STಠ_ಠ
man jose reyes has been a beast in the infield so far in grapefruit. we haven't had a legitimate defensive infielder up the middle since orlando hudson. dickey's been a little disappointing so far though
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by soundgarden1986
I'd watch more WBC games if they didn't come on at 5:30 in the morning. I'll catch the USA games, but I'm sure the Dominican Republic or Venezuelan team will win. Both of them are staaaaacked.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2013_03_05_domint_phimlb_1
Quote by Thefallofman