I'm looking at buy a 1993 Gibson SG Special in Olympic white color for $750. Very nice shape. It has Angus Young signature pickup in the bridge and Burstbucker Pro in the neck. I currently have an Epiphone SG (Korean not China) with Angus Young Pickup installed. Do you think it is worth making the jump to the Special? I heard the early 90's Gibsons are some of the best. Any advice would be awesome. Thanks
It's not great deal without an Ebony fretboard or the stock pickups.
If you have a Korean G-400, with same pick ups, there will not be a huge difference.
I guess I should wait until a stock SG comes around. Anyone know how Angus Young pickups compare to a stock set of 498's?
Thats not a deal at all, thats pretty high. You can get SG Specials for $500ish all the time on GC used site.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I highly doubt it'll sound $750 better than your G-400, especially with the same pickup.
UG's Prodigal Son
i am sure its a nice guitar, but i would't pay a dime over $550 for it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
SG special or faded? $600 tops, not a bit more. You can buy a lot of them new at that price.

At $750 on the used market, I expect an SG Standard series.
Quote by reignofevil666
I guess I should wait until a stock SG comes around. Anyone know how Angus Young pickups compare to a stock set of 498's?

I've never personally played Angus Young pickups, but I don't hold Gibson 498s in very high regard. I believe they're mediocre at best.

There's a reason there are so many profitable pickup companies, and it's because stock pickups often leave a lot of room for improvement
UG's Prodigal Son