Tim-Blink182
30 IQ
So i've just ordered a new JCA50H head, and i'm looking for a 2x12 cabinet to go with it that's under $400. I've been looking at maybe getting the Harley Benton G212 Vintage, is that a good option?
Carl21221
70 IQ
I have the Harley Benton you mentioned and it's a very good cab for the money! I would suggest getting something more sturdy if you are going to be gigging alot or touring. Mine is getting quite beaten up compared to the other guitarist in my band that has an orange cab.
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
red.guitar
Imagine All The People
160 IQ
I own a JCA50H and have tired it with a few differnet types of speakers.

I usually run it through a mesa 212 with one V30 and one Cannabis Rex. This is a great speaker combo for this amp, IMO. The C-rex smoothes out the top end, and adds as heavy bottom end, while the V30 covers the mids.

I also have a randall cab that has 2 eminence 212 legends on top, and a 115 legend on bottom. This cab works great with this amp. It really tames the amps trabel.

If you want to get an idea of what this thing will sound like with V30's, you can follow the link to my bands page in my sig, and listen to the song "two sides". I recorded that with the JCA50H going through a mesa 412, and a JCA20H going through a mesa 212.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
02' Dean TC Z

Amps:
EVH 5150iii
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
Peavey VTM 60
Peavey XXX
66' Bassman
Last edited by red.guitar at Feb 3, 2013,
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
440 IQ
yep

i prefer eminence v12s but (broken-in) v30s are definitely one of the better options with the jet city.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

red.guitar
Imagine All The People
160 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
yep

i prefer eminence v12s but (broken-in) v30s are definitely one of the better options with the jet city.

Thats a good point, Dave.

I wasen't really digging the tone I was getting from my mesa (when it still had the 2 V30's) but I ran my laptop though the cab a couple of days, like 16hrs total, and it the difference was amazing, once the speakers were broken in a little more!

I'm still a huge fan of the c-rex, V30 combo with this amp. The two speakers really compliment each other well.

I ran my JCA through my randall cab with my mesa as well a couple of times. So the head was going through 212 legends, 115 legend, 112 V30, and 112 C-rex. I usually try to avoid mixing more then 2 different speakers at once, but I got to say, the amp just rocked these cabs!! The 115 goes a long way with this head. I find the JCA to be really treblie.

Normally when I do local gigs, or practice, I just bring mt mesa, but I think when I tour this summer, I might bring both cabs. It makes the amp sound great, and I look like a total badass on stage
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
02' Dean TC Z

Amps:
EVH 5150iii
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
Peavey VTM 60
Peavey XXX
66' Bassman
Last edited by red.guitar at Feb 3, 2013,
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
440 IQ
^ yeah that's another good point- since the v30 combines well with so many different things (i haven't tried the CR, but it combines well with a g12t75, classic lead and g12h30, probably others i haven't tried too like the g12k100) even if you don't like the stock sound of two v30s you have not-too-expensive options.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?