Okey, here's the deal I have JCM900 SL-X and theres no way to get fast easy clean channel from it on stage, so I need to get second clean amp.
I'm looking for beautiful dark deep cristal oldschool metal clean sound.
I Prefer used full tube head, the power I need is for small gigs.
And it have to be very cheap like ~200$.
I heard that Kustom head's have good clean ?
Can You suggest some amps, which could be fine for me ?
$200 for an all tube clean head could be difficult. I got my Peavey VTM60 for $198. And that can get pretty decent cleans.
If you could spend a tad more I'd say look into Musicman and vintage Traynor heads.
that thread title.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Not All tube but the ROC Pro 1000 has a nice clean channel and can be had for $100.
Quote by funkbass369
that thread title.

lol of the week
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Blazkowicz
Okey, here's the deal I have JCM900 SL-X and theres no way to get fast easy clean channel from it on stage, so I need to get second clean amp.
I'm looking for beautiful dark deep cristal oldschool metal clean sound.
I Prefer used full tube head, the power I need is for small gigs.
And it have to be very cheap like ~200$.
I heard that Kustom head's have good clean ?
Can You suggest some amps, which could be fine for me ?

I'm not the best for knowledge about tones..but a Kustom quad 100HD should do you well, in terms of tone and loudness it should be decent.

It's a hybrid amp (SS with a preamp in each channel) and is pretty cheap. I picked mine up for £145 off ebay, with a cheap fender cab as well.

info: 100 watt, 4 ohm, with a lead and rhythm channel (generally i class it as a clean and distorted channel)

Rather heavy and has irritating dimentions..but then again, it looks sturdy to me!
Quote by JKHC

lol of the week
Indeed!

To the OP, any chance you might be able to hang in there for a little while and save a bit more? It's gonna be pretty tough to find what you're looking for at that price point, unless you're willing to go solid-state. Even then...

I found a Silverface Fender Bassman head for $400 not too long ago. Pretty tough to beat Fender cleans, and Silverface-era stuff is a great value.

Another cheaper option that might help a bit in the meantime - Maybe use a light touch of chorus on your clean channel? That's often a sound I think of when I think of 80's metal cleans. I haven't played the SLX version of a JCM 900 though, so maybe the cleans are that bad?
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
The SL/X doesn't have a clean channel.

Have you thought about running a pad out front for your cleans? Something like this
It's basically like a footswitch to roll off the volume from the guitar. Like a preset version of rolling back the volume knob on your guitar.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You could run a DSP/MFX in front in 4CM to defeat your SLX's preamp and run a clean model right into it's poweramp. I currently do that with my GT-10 and my JSX.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
You could run a DSP/MFX in front in 4CM to defeat your SLX's preamp and run a clean model right into it's poweramp. I currently do that with my GT-10 and my JSX.

But the JSX has a good clean channel
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate