Page 2 of 3
Everyone in my office is competent and cool. One of the people I work with most is a girl and she's super nice.
I've seen plenty of awful male coworkers and plenty of awful female coworkers.

This rock-solid anecdotal evidence suggests that everyone is awful, so I'm inclined to believe it.
Quote by AmalgamOfMeat
I've seen plenty of awful male coworkers and plenty of awful female coworkers.

This rock-solid anecdotal evidence suggests that everyone is awful, so I'm inclined to believe it.

I can believe this.
I don't work with any women, and I really doubt my boss would hire someone who wasn't a white male.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
In my limited experience (I only worked in two different places), I can't see any difference in professionnal skills bewtween mens and womens.

On the other hand, on the "social skills" side, there is something I have experienced only with womens, and that is them talking shit behind people's back / beeing bitchy and all this resulting in dramas. And this actually happened quite often. I don't know if I'm biased due to my limited experiences, but I have only seen this happen with women.

Whereas, men lacking in social skill... generally just don't talk. It's not great either, but easier to get along.
Last edited by Djaydjay at Feb 3, 2013,
All of the female coworkers I've had were awesome people and I enjoyed working with them. Maybe you've just got some sexism to work out in your brain.
All the men I have worked with are racist, sexist, homophobic fuck-pigs.

Therefore, all men are evil.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
All the men I have worked with are racist, sexist, homophobic fuck-pigs.

Therefore, all men are evil.

Well you do work on a cotton plantation in the deep south during the 17th century.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I've worked with about the same number of women for the past three years, but my job has fluctuated in stress levels. Though I will say that a lot of my female coworkers hate each other, especially the shift supervisors. A lot of times they refuse to be scheduled with each other (I'm a lifeguard, sometimes the shift supervisors are scheduled as guards.)
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Todd Hart
Well you do work on a cotton plantation in the deep south during the 17th century.

I probably need to choose a new career.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by guitarhero_764
All of the female coworkers I've had were awesome people and I enjoyed working with them. Maybe you've just got some sexism to work out in your brain.

At the our work meeting two weeks ago, two of the women started shouting at each other, resulting in one crying and the other one standing up, leaving the room and refusing to get back in (when the boss asked). When then had a 3rd one crying, and a 4th refusing to speak, because she said it would only make things worse.

But you're right, this has to be the way we should act at work
It depends on the person. Incompetence is incompetence. My office is 80% women. So I'd say they do a good job. Working in restaurants with women though was a nightmare because a lot of them can't help but get catty.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Ive worked in quite a few different departments. It was all different, in one job i was the only guy in there and the atmosphere was pretty alright, everyone pulled their weight. When I worked in a supermarket though the women pretty much refused to do any sort of lifting/manual labor and would pull the "Im a woman" excuse. When I was a cook everyone sucked, the only person I liked to work with was this one girl which gelled well with my work ethic. Actually most of the girls in that place worked better than the guys. They did gossip a lot more but I never got myself involved in it.
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
Ive worked in quite a few different departments. It was all different, in one job i was the only guy in there and the atmosphere was pretty alright, everyone pulled their weight. When I worked in a supermarket though the women pretty much refused to do any sort of lifting/manual labor and would pull the "Im a woman" excuse. When I was a cook everyone sucked, the only person I liked to work with was this one girl which gelled well with my work ethic. Actually most of the girls in that place worked better than the guys. They did gossip a lot more but I never got myself involved in it.

I guess I lucked out because a female coworker of mine doesn't care if she has to do heavy lifting. The other girls can be fun to watch because they sometimes struggle with some bins and boxes they move around.
Quote by apmaman
Just shag them all

Yeah buddy!

But dont be a selfish lover. That way its not harassment.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Looking at it objectively, there's probably similar issues with the men, but your biases make those more transparent.

Try reading a book or two on dealing with difficult people. There's a whole science to it and it will help you see (and better deal with) the bad behavior the males are exhibiting, too.

If you don't resolve your views on this, then you're setting yourself up for all sorts of problems with discrimination.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
I guess I lucked out because a female coworker of mine doesn't care if she has to do heavy lifting. The other girls can be fun to watch because they sometimes struggle with some bins and boxes they move around.

You def got lucky. These werent even girls most of the time, they were at least in their thirties and would refuse to do anything physical. It got to a point where most of us guys refused to do them any favors (aka their jobs) and a few of them got in trouble with the dept manager. Funny thing is they tried blaming it on us for not helping them which didnt work. Although that mini strike was fun it didnt last for long. Went back to visit a while ago and things are back to normal.
Men are very hard to work with. Very gullible and think they can handle any task. They get very defensive and use the gender card when not in position to do the task to begin with.
Women are gossipy bitches. They should just stick to what they're good at (sucking dick).
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
Women are gossipy bitches. They should just stick to what they're good at (sucking dick).
And men should just stick to what they're good at (being a dick).
Quote by bradulator

Quote by AllJudasPriest

Well, then everyone's happy. We have dicks and dicksuckers, everyone just does what he's good at =)

PS: now that I thought about it, the only problem is that the men to women ratio is 1.1, so that wouldn't work :-(
Last edited by Djaydjay at Feb 3, 2013,
Quote by AllJudasPriest

I'll agree to that if the women stick to sucking dick then
Quote by AllJudasPriest

Wow way to prove my point
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
Wow way to prove my point
My statement was redundant because you were being a dick anyway...

Since when does s dick ever understand a point anyway... Hehe
Quote by stratkat
**** shitty workers.

That being said what TS is describing is a group of girls that can't abandon that immature highschool phase of ganging up and causing drama for the sake of drama.

Where I worked, the worst workers were rarely put on schedule.

Pretty much. That being said my last job I worked with a group of girls and it was fun. No drama and we all did our work the way we were supposed to do it, I did work with girls in their early 20's. The job before that was a nightmare though. All the women hated each other and would talk about each other and it just sucked. Those women were in their 40's +. Strange about the age differences cause I figured the girls in the 20's would be that way.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Shiiieeeeet good to see you only got banned for a few days.

Quote by Profile visists from WantsLesPaul last two days

O.o
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Love my job, since I've been bringing in $82h… I sit at home, music playing while I work in front of my new iMac that I got now that I'm making it online… SIZE]
^^ Reported

And of the few women I work with in IT, only one of them is a bitch. But once you get on her side and start working with her she isn't really that bad to you.

I've had more problems dealing with asshole men than bitchy women.
I work with mostly women (most of them are 30-50 years) and while they're all fairly mature, there's more passive-aggressiveness rather than out an out arguing/bullying.
OUT OF ORDER
I would rather work with women then men, most of the other males I have worked with are either lazy or way too full of themselves to work effectively. I've worked with lazy women too but typically there are always a few who are really good at their job and are great to work with.
In my heart I'm with you

every night