Poll: Is it safe to smash a computer monitor? Should we do it??
Poll Options
View poll results: Is it safe to smash a computer monitor? Should we do it??
YES!!
30 56%
No..
24 44%
Voters: 54.
Page 1 of 2
Okay so basically, me and my friend were at the pawn shop today, and we found a broken 1999 compaq monitor that didnt work and they're giving it away for free. Should we take it off their hands and SMASH it, and then make a video about it??
Last edited by edmodo23 at Feb 3, 2013,
Quote by edmodo23
Okay so basically, me and my friend were at the pawn shop today, and we found a broken 1999 compaq monitor that didnt work and they're giving it away for free. Should we take it off their hands and SMASH it??

You should convert it into a retro hamster house.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
I don't think it has any power whatevers that would still have power like a desktop so why not?
Is it the old vacuum ones? yeah you shouldn't do that...

Dropping it off the roof would be great though
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Yes.

Be sure to plug it in first. And make sure it's properly grounded.

For the love of god DO NOT TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY.
You guys should just smash eachother's back doors in and get it over with
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Feb 3, 2013,
Seems kind of dangerous, what do your parents say?
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
If I know anything about the world, its that you and your crew are great at smashing things.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1585275

██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Last edited by AeroRocker at Feb 3, 2013,
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
Yes, but only if you roll in the debris afterwards.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
When you smash it, the vacuum tube inside will break, sucking in some things that are in close range, you know, dust, plastic, etc. This will stop very quickly, and you'll be left with very thick, very jagged, and very sharp glass.

I guess you'll just have to

How about this, edmodo? You pretend you never saw that monitor, and I pretend that you never made this thread? Deal? Deal!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
How about this, edmodo? You pretend you never saw that monitor, and I pretend that you never made this thread? Deal? Deal!

2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by soulflyV
*ADDICTIVE

Unless this is a new UG joke thing like 'ackward', but I see this shit so much that I doubt it's a joke.

Addicting isn't a word?!

My whole life is a lie
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Why do you always smash stuff Ed?
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
If its an old CRT then they can hold several thousand, yes that's right several thousands volts even after being unplugged for months, and they have to be discharged before you can work on them, so very, very dangerous.

However I still voted "Yes"
Quote by TooktheAtrain
SO rock n roll dude. 'Specially so since you're checking to see if it's safe before you do it.

Real rock n' rollers take proper safety precautions, bitch!
Don't waste it you knob.

There are people who would actually use that monitor and appreciate it. Why be a cunt?
Last edited by whoomit at Feb 4, 2013,
Quote by whoomit
Don't waste it you knob.

There are people who would actually use that monitor and appreciate it. Why be a cunt?

Ummmm, it's from 1999 and it doesnt work, the guy behind the counter at the pawn shop said the inner wiring was fried.
Dissasemble it to learn more about electronics then create a video telling us what you learnt.

Sometimes I wish this board had mod challenges like something awful.
It's almost impossible to get people to do things they sign up for on this site. We have tried numerous user participation things in the past and most flopped.
Yea, the Gladiator Pit had challenges but no one would do them. My challenger (Eastwinn) wouldn't even sing a SPongebob song
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by edmodo23
Ummmm, it's from 1999 and it doesnt work, the guy behind the counter at the pawn shop said the inner wiring was fried.

You should still recycle it though.

I miss Gladiator Pit. Can something be started up again?
Quote by edmodo23

There are parts of it that could easily be taken out and re-used by someone that knows what they're doing, why don't you just think?

You're like the human equivalent of the Transformers films, all HURDUR SMASHING IS COOL LOLZ.
Quote by BelowTheSun
You're like the human equivalent of the Transformers films, all HURDUR SMASHING IS COOL LOLZ.

Quote by whoomit
You should still recycle it though.

I miss Gladiator Pit. Can something be started up again?

I'll consider it, I spent ages categorizing everyone and what they were willing to do as a forfeit. Then 3 weeks running no one did one. Complete waste of my time in the end first time round.
Quote by JackalUK
I'll consider it, I spent ages categorizing everyone and what they were willing to do as a forfeit. Then 3 weeks running no one did one. Complete waste of my time in the end first time round.

Yeah, it was a shame. Can't even remember if I got a go at it or not.

I just remember it was not long after the Represent V Jewchords thread.
Page 1 of 2