Page 1 of 2
So...what? Everything is going to be rounded up to 5cents? That's just retarded.

Edit:
Since when has retarded been censored. Wtf, UG?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
So...what? Everything is going to be rounded up to 5cents? That's just retarded.

Edit:

Uhh.. No. Read the article. With debit/credit card you pay the exact amount still. With Cash, it gets rounded down.

And are you seriously THAT poor, you're breaking your balls over 4 cents?
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

I think this is silly and I enjoy being able to have any amount of money I could want to spend in a newsagents shop in cash in my pocket.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Feb 4, 2013,
Quote by naedauuf
Uhh.. No. Read the article. With debit/credit card you pay the exact amount still. With Cash, it gets rounded down.

And are you seriously THAT poor, you're breaking your balls over 4 cents?

No, I just think it's stupid to not have pennies.

As for rounded down, how are your retailers not going apeshit over this? They're losing money every time someone rounds down. Yeah, a few cents ain't a big deal. Multiply that times a thousand or so, they'd probably lose $100+ a week.
when people get angry about not being able to carry one cent around. really it's doing you a favour.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

As for rounded down, how are your retailers not going apeshit over this? They're losing money every time someone rounds down. Yeah, a few cents ain't a big deal. Multiply that times a thousand or so, they'd probably lose $100+ a week.

Australia doesn't have pennies, 5 cents is the lowest denomination of currency(and people here want that gone).

There's really not any difference in revenue made/lost/ and money spent/lost

For instance, If you buy a ton of groceries and it turns out to be 104.54 cents, they'd round up a cent, But if it's 104.43, they round down.

really, you're either making or losing a couple pennies on each transaction. and then it's only things payed in cash.

there's just no difference. people here even hate the 5 cent coins, they think it's too small
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Australia doesn't have pennies, 5 cents is the lowest denomination of currency(and people here want that gone).

There's really not any difference in revenue made/lost/ and money spent/lost

For instance, If you buy a ton of groceries and it turns out to be 104.54 cents, they'd round up a cent, But if it's 104.43, they round down.

really, you're either making or losing a couple pennies on each transaction. and then it's only things payed in cash.

there's just no difference. people here even hate the 5 cent coins, they think it's too small

But how do you specify how many assorted sweets/gums you want from an ice cream van?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

you really should read the article.

this will save us millions of dollars a year in taxes. also stores will round up or down to the nearest 5 cents, so it works out.
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Thank god, I ****ing HATE pennies.
What gives me wood:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Ibanez S5470F
Ibanez RGD2127fx
Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR
Axe FX II
Mackie HD1221
Quote by Hydra150
But how do you specify how many assorted sweets/gums you want from an ice cream van?

Buy more icecream you cheap ass

Or get the smallest kid into the van as you distract the icecreamman to knock him out, tie him up, steal his icecream van and hold it ransom against the guy until he caves into your demands. Which would be a few assorted lollies

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Buy more icecream you cheap ass

Or get the smallest kid into the van as you distract the icecreamman to knock him out, tie him up, steal his icecream van and hold it ransom against the guy until he caves into your demands. Which would be a few assorted lollies

I'm talking about mixtures of cola bottles, marshmallows, jelly babies, midget gems, and all those other sweets formally known as 1p sweets wherby one could purchase an assortment costing as much as whatever one had in one's eight year old pockets. Canadians are once again killing childhood. I don't care if most bags were 10p or 20p, I'm sticking up for the kid that had 6p and wanted six sweets

edit: someone mentioned Austrailians earlier too, I dunno, yer all wrong'uns and you'd have blown yourselves up by now if not for the steady reign of Queenie
Last edited by Hydra150 at Feb 4, 2013,
Soorry aboot phasing you oot, penny thur guy.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Hydra150
I'm talking about mixtures of cola bottles, marshmallows, jelly babies, midget gems, and all those other sweets formally known as 1p sweets wherby one could purchase an assortment costing as much as whatever one had in one's eight year old pockets. Canadians are once again killing childhood. I don't care if most bags were 10p or 20p, I'm sticking up for the kid that had 6p and wanted six sweets

edit: someone mentioned Austrailians earlier too, I dunno, yer all wrong'uns and you'd have blown yourselves up by now if not for the steady reign of Queenie

Pence are stupid

and we are the only ones who wouldn't blow ourselves up thank you very much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCpjgl2baLs

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Retailers pay around 3% for credit/debit card transactions, that's much more than rounding off pennies.
Only can hope America will do the same.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Masquirina
How will Canadians share their thoughts?

Well, according to the article their two cents rounds down to nothing. So the thoughts of Canadians are quite literally worthless.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Masquirina
How will Canadians share their thoughts?

ESP
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Canada once again beats the US to something awesome.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I thought this was happening last year
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Edit:

Noticed that the other day. Pretty retarded IMO. There are plenty of ways to use that word without derogatory meaning.
This is indeed a fantastic day for all you Canadians. man I wish they would get rid of 5 cents here they're just so annoying
cat
Good for Canada.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Ya know what, Canada?...

\

WHAT NOW?!

Canada is better than Murica imho.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
gonna miss them pennies.

But never will they switch loonies to paper bills. Or eliminate the toonie.

If they take the toonies out, I'll be ****ing pissed. Like rage/do-shit mode pissed off.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
\

WHAT NOW?!

Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

I read it as "phasing out penises"..

:x

On topic: I like my exact change. :c
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Page 1 of 2