Page 5 of 9
Quote by JDawg
Spare me. I've seen my fair share of liberals on this site acting like a bunch of babies.
Not many 30 year olds doing it though.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433

I'd just ignore him. He's a 30 year old. Arguing about guns and murder. On an internet forum. Let him say what he wants. He's acting like a five year old throwing a tantrum.
Quote by JDawg
I didn't exactly come here expecting an enlightening conversation with anyone.
So why come here? Why not take your dumbass political views to CNN comments like the rest of your party?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Guitarlord44
I'd just ignore him. He's a 30 year old. Arguing about guns and murder. On an internet forum. Let him say what he wants. He's acting like a five year old throwing a tantrum.
He's a gun owner.

Let that sink in.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
So why come here? Why not take your dumbass political views to CNN comments like the rest of your party?

Just to annoy you....
And yet you're the one who got annoyed
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by JDawg
Just to annoy you....
Who's annoyed?

Why don't you run along? I think there's some women that are thinking on their own somewhere for you to yell at.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Who's annoyed?

Why don't you run along? I think there's some women that are thinking on their own somewhere for you to yell at.

I almost miss the pit now... Not really.
Somebody can dish it out but can't take it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Somebody can dish it out but can't take it.

Actually, I was the one dishing it, but bitch boy ran away from the argument. Then you proceeded to call me a child when I called him out on it. But I understand liberals need to stick together... All 600 of them that dominate this forum.
Quote by JDawg
Actually, I was the one dishing it, but bitch boy ran away from the argument. Then you proceeded to call me a child when I called him out on it. But I understand liberals need to stick together... All 600 of them that dominate this forum.

. I've seen a lot of stupid people in this thread but this takes the cake.

Hey Element, are you allowed to ban for stupidity?
Quote by Guitarlord44
. I've seen a lot of stupid people in this thread but this takes the cake.

Hey Element, are you allowed to ban for stupidity?

Probably not, otherwise the pit wouldn't exist.
Quote by JDawg

What. I've countered every single one of your arguments. I bet you're the type that shoots to kill, no matter the situation. Someone stepped on the heel of my shoe? Shoot to kill. Littering? Shoot to kill.

Quote by JDawg
And now you're the one acting like the little bitch.

Circle of life, huh?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by jetfuel495
what

how do you ever justify rape?

udidntcwathedidthere did ya?
Quote by Trowzaa
What. I've countered every single one of your arguments. I bet you're the type that shoots to kill, no matter the situation. Someone stepped on the heel of my shoe? Shoot to kill. Littering? Shoot to kill.

Why would I kill anyone for littering? If my life was in danger, or any of my children's lives were being threatened, I would probably neutralize that threat through lethal force. That's not murder. That's self defense. You should probably crack open a law book before you even type anymore on here...
I take it by mentioning the littering example but omitting the stepping on your toes example, you construe the latter to be an attempt on your life.

Whatever, man.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
I take it by mentioning the littering example but omitting the stepping on your toes example, you construe the latter to be an attempt on your life.

Whatever, man.

It's a pet peeve, sorry...
So is this the wrong time to say that murder is always justified or what
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
So is this the wrong time to say that murder is always justified or what

Depends, are you quarterback for the Ravens? Then yes, it's perfectly fine...
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by element4433

wait, he's 30?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by JDawg
If my life was in danger, or any of my children's lives were being threatened, I would probably neutralize that threat
Anybody would. Who wouldn't?
Quote by JDawg
through lethal force.
Now the question is, does it have to be lethal? Police are trained to shoot to stop without killing, why can't civilians who own guns be trained that way too? More importantly, why can't gun owners think that way?

I understand that it isn't possible in all situations to have the necessary precision to neutralize a threat without killing it.

But "kill the motherfucker" doesn't have to be the answer to every situation.

It seems the main difference between you and your European counterpart is that you would kill at the earliest opportunity, whereas others would kill only as a last resort.

But don't you think it would be better if you could save everyone without anyone actually dying? Because if you don't agree with that then you start to give off the impression that you believe that anyone who crosses your path in such a manner deserves to die.
Quote by JDawg
Actually, I was the one dishing it, but bitch boy ran away from the argument.

Dude, he stayed up until 6am (when he posted that he was going away) to have this conversation with you, a little respect please. You should congratulate his efforts and thank him for his company.
Show a little class, gun lovers.
Quote by jetfuel495
Anybody would. Who wouldn't?Now the question is, does it have to be lethal? Police are trained to shoot to stop without killing, why can't civilians who own guns be trained that way too? More importantly, why can't gun owners think that way?

I understand that it isn't possible in all situations to have the necessary precision to neutralize a threat without killing it.

It seems the main difference between you and your European counterpart is that you would kill at the earliest opportunity, whereas others would kill only as a last resort.

But don't you think it would be better if you could save everyone without anyone actually dying? Because if you don't agree with that then you start to give off the impression that you believe that anyone who crosses your path in such a manner deserves to die.

Police are trained to kill the threat. So that's not accurate. And if I have to shoot someone, chances are, the bullets going in their direction may hit a vital organ. I hope I never have to kill anyone. Sucks to be them, I guess they shouldn't try to hurt us.
Quote by jetfuel495
Anybody would. Who wouldn't?Now the question is, does it have to be lethal? Police are trained to shoot to stop without killing, why can't civilians who own guns be trained that way too? More importantly, why can't gun owners think that way?

This is the point I've been trying to make the whole time, thank you for putting it so eloquently Jay. Although, I expect his response to be another analogy where you or I am female.

Quote by JDawg
Police are trained to kill the threat. So that's not accurate. And if I have to shoot someone, chances are, the bullets going in their direction may hit a vital organ. I hope I never have to kill anyone. Sucks to be them, I guess they shouldn't try to hurt us.

Police are trained to kill the threat, not the person. A shot in the leg would kill most threats. Only in a last resort do they shoot to kill the person.

Last edited by Trowzaa at Feb 5, 2013,
Quote by Hydra150
Dude, he stayed up until 6am (when he posted that he was going away) to have this conversation with you, a little respect please. You should congratulate his efforts and thank him for his company.
Show a little class, gun lovers.

I never said I was going anywhere. And It's going on 2am. And my 2 year old daughter is sick on the couch. She just fell asleep. I came here for entertainment. I... Kinda got it... I guess.
To be fair guys, police are trained to shoot the body, because that's the largest target.

HOWEVER, when they shoot somebody they aren't unloading their clips. They're trying to stop the threat, not take a life. Sometimes they do kill, but it's not really like "I gotta kill!" It just happens.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by JDawg
I never said I was going anywhere. And It's going on 2am. And my 2 year old daughter is sick on the couch. She just fell asleep. I came here for entertainment. I... Kinda got it... I guess.

I didn't say you said you were going away, I said you tried to mock him as he announced his overdue departure from this discussion, in a manner I would expect from a schoolchild on the playground.
Quote by Trowzaa

Police are trained to kill the threat, not the person. A shot in the leg would kill most threats. Only in a last resort do they shoot to kill the person.

Although I agree with your position, this is patently false. They are trained to shoot at centre mass in almost all cases.

however they will, once satisfied the threat is no longer a threat, seek medical assistance for the person they shot, as should gun owners who shoot someone in self defense.
Quote by Hydra150
I didn't say you said you were going away, I said you tried to mock him as he announced his overdue departure from this discussion, in a manner I would expect from a schoolchild on the playground.

Gotcha.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
Although I agree with your position, this is patently false. They are trained to shoot at centre mass in almost all cases.

however they will, once satisfied the threat is no longer a threat, seek medical assistance for the person they shot, as should gun owners who shoot someone in self defense.

Yes. That.
Quote by JDawg
Yes, police are trained to kill. They're also trained to shoot without killing. You gotta remember, with the way the justice system works, the police are looking to book 'em alive, if they can. They need a defendant up on the stand. They need witnesses. People who they can suck for information to catch the bigger fish.

They are given orders (or use their own judgement) to shoot to kill only when they absolutely have to. Usually in a situation where the target is still armed and firing, or has already hurt someone and is known to still be a further threat, or is not able to be subdued without having him killed.