Page 2 of 3
With knowing your currently using a spider its a good idea to invest in an amp first.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
This is just awful.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
One thing I don't understand is buying an expensive multi-channel amp (Mark V, JVM etc.) and only using the clean channel and distortion pedal. I'm sure people could get the same sound for much cheaper.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
One thing I don't understand is buying an expensive multi-channel amp (Mark V, JVM etc.) and only using the clean channel and distortion pedal. I'm sure people could get the same sound for much cheaper.

I don't understand this and many other things I have seen!!! Many people for example are using digital multieffects with tube amps......
Quote by MaggaraMarine

How many people actually do this though?

How many people sit there with a Mesa and put a boss metalzone in front of it?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

+1
Correction; this is just awful.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by losing battle
With knowing your currently using a spider its a good idea to invest in an amp first.

I really want to learn why people hate Line 6 amps..... I thing Line 6 is a good manufacturer, but I don't like modeling amps because I want analog signal proccesing....
Quote by Lemoninfluence

If I remember right, I heard that Joe Satriani uses Marshall JVM and distortion pedal through its clean channel. Not sure, though.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
If I remember right, I heard that Joe Satriani uses Marshall JVM and distortion pedal through its clean channel. Not sure, though.

I doubt he uses that stuff in the studio.

And if we're talking pro musicians you also have to take into account other things such as endorsement deals. They're his signature pedals and he's probably getting a small amount from each sale or a lump sum for his signature.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I think that great guitarists can sound good no matter what they use. I can't judge a person like Joe Satriani, but I would never use this combination of amp and pedals. It is a matter of personal taste, though.
Quote by Lead_Guitar89
I think that great guitarists can sound good no matter what they use.

Technique and tone are two seperate ideas. Don't start that crap in here, this thread is already inaccurate enough as it is.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Technique and tone are two seperate ideas. Don't start that crap in here, this thread is already inaccurate enough as it is.[/QUOTE
You are right, but hands can add a lot to tone, am I wrong? and why?
I wouldn't say a LOT. A heavy picker can add a little bit of output. playing closer to the bridge makes a thinner trebleyer sound, while closer to the neck gives a fatter sound with more of a bass focus. You can have more fluid pull-off/hammer-ons that feel like one long varying note, or they can be more distinctive. But all those differences are 1% the difference between an Orange Rockerverb and a Fender Twin.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by tas38
I wouldn't say a LOT. A heavy picker can add a little bit of output. playing closer to the bridge makes a thinner trebleyer sound, while closer to the neck gives a fatter sound with more of a bass focus. You can have more fluid pull-off/hammer-ons that feel like one long varying note, or they can be more distinctive. But all those differences are 1% the difference between an Orange Rockerverb and a Fender Twin.

I believe the same thing when it comes to tonewoods or what kind of joint a guitar has. But maybe you're right.
Quote by tubetime86
Technique and tone are two seperate ideas. Don't start that crap in here, this thread is already inaccurate enough as it is.[/QUOTE
You are right, but hands can add a lot to tone, am I wrong? and why?

Technique can change the 'timbre' of the sound, but the generally accepted use of the term 'tone' in electric guitar has to do with the equipment, not the player.

A great guitar player through a terrible amp will sound like a technically great guitar player, however the actual character of the sound will still be terrible. Electric guitar is completely reliant on the amplifier, it literally does not work without being amplified, so to say that a great player will sound great through anything is just ridiculous.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Lead_Guitar89

Technique can change the 'timbre' of the sound, but the generally accepted use of the term 'tone' in electric guitar has to do with the equipment, not the player.

A great guitar player through a terrible amp will sound like a technically great guitar player, however the actual character of the sound will still be terrible. Electric guitar is completely reliant on the amplifier, it literally does not work without being amplified, so to say that a great player will sound great through anything is just ridiculous.

I see, you're right!!!
Do you think it is good for a guitarist to save money so that he/she can buy the ultimate rig? I ask you because I'm thinking of it a lot....
Depends. If you're 16 go to school and make work for peanuts, then no. However if you have a real job and make enough money 2 put decent cash away then yes.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
@tubetime let's say you own a JVM 800 and for a few songs you want a mesa type sound, now you have three options buy and carry an expensive amp, amp moddeler or get a pedal. If you have loads of cash and a good back the mesa is for you but realisticly for most people it is not a real option. So its moddeler vs pedal and honestly this is just a matter of preference.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by tas38
Depends. If you're 16 go to school and make work for peanuts, then no. However if you have a real job and make enough money 2 put decent cash away then yes.

I have a real job, I am 23 years old. I'll try!
Quote by losing battle
@tubetime let's say you own a JVM 800 and for a few songs you want a mesa type sound, now you have three options buy and carry an expensive amp, amp moddeler or get a pedal. If you have loads of cash and a good back the mesa is for you but realisticly for most people it is not a real option. So its moddeler vs pedal and honestly this is just a matter of preference.

I have a moddeler (Line 6 POD GX), but I don't think that it sounds real. It's a good option for recording, though!
Remember to take "What you will be using the amp for?" as well. No sense in owning a large tube amp if you never get to use it.
Quote by joshua garcia

Quote by guitar0player
Quote by losing battle
Remember to take "What you will be using the amp for?" as well. No sense in owning a large tube amp if you never get to use it.

You are right! That's why I wanna buy a solid state amp, because I can play in any volume! But I'm thinking about Laney VC30......
Quote by Lead_Guitar89
You are right! That's why I wanna buy a solid state amp, because I can play in any volume! But I'm thinking about Laney VC30......

that is just to much of a fail. there are some tube amps that you can play quietly, for example my MKIV. i can play all night and don't even wake up my wife.

some tube amps sound like shit until they are louder, example my splawns.

tube amps can get quiet too.

don't buy a solid state for that reason. tube amps are most regarded as sounding better then their solid state opponents. not every case, but in many.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
that is just to much of a fail. there are some tube amps that you can play quietly, for example my MKIV. i can play all night and don't even wake up my wife.

some tube amps sound like shit until they are louder, example my splawns.

tube amps can get quiet too.

don't buy a solid state for that reason. tube amps are most regarded as sounding better then their solid state opponents. not every case, but in many.

If you read what I previously have written, it is also a matter of cost. I agree with you. But the cost of a tube amp is something that I must consider also. I started a band, and I couldn't find a drummer. So, now I play alone. If I had found a drummer (and an apropriate place of course) I would save as many as I could for a tube amp.
Quote by losing battle

Why the hell not?

I use my 100 watt ENGL Powerball exclusively at home. I can find plenty of sense in owning it.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Why the hell not?

I use my 100 watt ENGL Powerball exclusively at home. I can find plenty of sense in owning it.

Can you use it without bothering anyone?
Quote by Lead_Guitar89
Can you use it without bothering anyone?

Yes.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
If you live in a place sere your pretty isolated its a non issue but an apartment people may or may not bitch because they have nothing better to do.
Quote by joshua garcia

Quote by guitar0player
Last edited by losing battle at Feb 6, 2013,
Quote by losing battle
If you live in a place sere your pretty isolated its a non issue but an apartment people may or may not bitch because they have nothing better to do.

So you abide by your strata agreement's cutoff time and tell them to **** off.

It's not hard dude.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
I think I can play with a decent volume the afternoons....But here people always being bothered by something... And I know that my girlfriend and I are the only metalheads in our town....
Quote by Eppicurt
So you abide by your strata agreement's cutoff time and tell them to **** off.

It's not hard dude.

If I see that they are bothered, I will speak to the microphone! I'll say "Get a life guys!!! Shut the f**k up! I have never interrupted you when you were playing your crappy music on full volume, or when you where having sex! Give me a break!!!"
Quote by darkwolf291
Doesn't matter.
If you're not breaking any laws, who cares?
Turning it down for the neighbors isn't very metal

When I listen to "All Men Play On Ten", or "Metal Warriors" or "KIngs of Metal", I wanna play on ten!!!!