Page 1 of 2
naedauuf
1,025 IQ
When I let my hairy face do it's own thing, it's nice and clear where there isn't hair and where there is.

I just shaved (not even with a razor, with an electric shaver) and 5-ish hours later I have pimples n shit on my face. This happens every time. Is it only me? Any of you notice this? Is it my body telling me to leave my manly hair on?

Haven't shaved in 2 months and not a single one the whole time. Shave then 5 hours later BOOM. It's like I'm a teenager again.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Try tweezing it.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
cptcomet
Band
648 IQ
You have sensitive skin. I don't use an electric shaver as I get a rash because it misses hair all the time, but I use a trimmer and I don't get a rash or anything.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
BeefWellington
UG's Tastiest Dish
262 IQ
If you have sensitive skin, it could be a shaving rash. You may not even realise you're susceptible to it until you get it. My skin sometimes goes haywire after I shave.

Or your shaver is REALLY dirty.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
naedauuf
1,025 IQ
Quote by BeefWellington
If you have sensitive skin, it could be a shaving rash. You may not even realise you're susceptible to it until you get it. My skin sometimes goes haywire after I shave.

Or your shaver is REALLY dirty.

It's brand new. Got it for xmas and used it twice so far.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

JackalUK
979 IQ
They work by tearing the hair rather than cutting it (cause they suck). You have to 'train' your face and beard for it to cut properly. It will be a few weeks till it operates without demolishing your mug.
naedauuf
1,025 IQ
Quote by JackalUK
They work by tearing the hair rather than cutting it (cause they suck). You have to 'train' your face and beard for it to cut properly. It will be a few weeks till it operates without demolishing your mug.

**** it then, no more shaving. I feel emasculated when I do it anyways, like I'm shaving off my manliness.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Last edited by naedauuf at Feb 4, 2013,
AtaBorMan
UG's reclusive wanker
480 IQ
Don't shave against the grain.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Mind_Reader7
Tab Contributor
1,537 IQ
I had a similar problem OP.

These days I use a Gilette Fusion. 5 blades, aloe vera bar or some shit. I shave in the shower. Hot water open up the pores, quality blade **** shit up, no irritation.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
naedauuf
1,025 IQ
Quote by Mind_Reader7
I had a similar problem OP.

These days I use a Gilette Fusion. 5 blades, aloe vera bar or some shit. I shave in the shower. Hot water open up the pores, quality blade **** shit up, no irritation.

I've got the fusion too. The one that vibrates. Shave after showers, still same thing.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Mind_Reader7
Tab Contributor
1,537 IQ
Quote by naedauuf
I've got the fusion too. The one that vibrates. Shave after showers, still same thing.
Shaving in the shower means I dun even need cream.

Feels good man.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
naedauuf
1,025 IQ
Quote by Mind_Reader7
Shaving in the shower means I dun even need cream.

Feels good man.

That's what I mean, I shave once I get out. No cream for me either

Still shitty skin after though.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

badfish_lewis
Tab Contributor
1,928 IQ
1. Don't use an electric razor

2. When you put shaving cream on wait a couple minutes before shaving so it can do its job

3. Moisturize that shit after
Mind_Reader7
Tab Contributor
1,537 IQ
I legit mean I shave IN the shower. While the water is running, I shave.

Use some moisturizer.
- Devin Townsend
guitarxo
cat
1,647 IQ
I shaved my legs this morning and now I have a giant disgusting pimple on my face. it's my body telling me to stay natural
cat
SISO
266 IQ
Buy a beard trimmer. It's the best you can use if your skin can't stand razors. You can sport that two-day old beard look that most girls seem to love.
ali.guitarkid7
Gets Easier
2,302 IQ
Start using shaving cream and after shave. It doesn't matter if you shave after a shower, you still need shaving cream.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Ali priori / Ali posteriori
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Jesus christ Ali is a nutcase

I actually feel sorry for him, like seriously, get help
Aralingh
Intelligent person
301 IQ
I have been using an electric shaver until I discovered the razor for 2 years. Sufficed to say, I threw the shaver out the door, razors are much better and faster at the job, plus you can shave any part of your body with it.
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
3,126 IQ
I have this problem, I was suggested I pay £12.50 for an Italian shave... with powder, hot towl, and some professional with a blade; said it'll fix the pimples...

I have yet to have an Italian shave.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
metalblaster
UG Newbie
494 IQ
Shaving ****s up your face. That's why. No if ands or buts about it.

When you shave you actually peel off a small part of the top layer of your skin. At time's you'll cut off very small parts of skin on areas where the skin is raised, or where facial hair causes the skin to slightly raise along with it as it grows outwards.

When it gets cut, it's open, so your skin sends oil to block that off. After a short while, that oil mixes with sweat and turns to grease, which also mixes with dirt, which causes that very tiny spot to become filled with a tiny bit of pus. Which is a zit.

I get them alot on my neck when I'm on course because we have to shave everyday, and it's usually with cold water, at 5am, and I'll have about 2.5 minutes to do it.

There's a lot of stuff that contributes to razor bumps, post-shaving sensitive skin and pimples and greasiness. Mainly it's the razors, the ones that have the super sharp 3 blades or like 4 or 5 blades or whatever the **** it is they do these days. It's just overkill.

My trick: I use high alcohol content aftershave. ****ing burns but I can feel it just burning off the bumps and pre-emptive pimples. Works great.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by metalblaster
My trick: I use high alcohol content aftershave. ****ing burns but I can feel it just burning off the bumps and pre-emptive pimples. Works great.

This is a good idea.

The alternative is to grow a beard and trim it. I never actually shave my beard. I do trim my neck hairs really short periodically, but I never actually take a razor blade to any part of my face. I never get acne or razor bumps. I also never get razor burn. You're going to need a trimmer for this though, not a razor.
doomded
I aint your buddy go away
77 IQ
Its called folliculitis, IIRC and I get it when I actually shave as well.

So I just got a trimmer and use that instead. The only big difference is now I always have 5-o'clock shadow.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
ErnestoFidel
359 IQ
Most shaving problems are related to sloppy preparation.

I have a very strong beard that is hard to shave. Nevertheless I use a single-blade razor.
Everything else is just capitalist bull****, don't buy that crap. This is how men have shaved for hundreds of years, nobody needs 5 or 6 blades on a razor that vibrates and shit.

Back on topic: it is ALL about preparation in order to make the hair soft. It takes me around 5 minutes, and it should take you this long also, otherwise you are not doing it correctly. Btw there are a lot of video instructions on how to shave on youtube.

Also, never forget to use aftershave!

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwIP9K2VKXY
This is not a signature
Last edited by ErnestoFidel at Feb 4, 2013,
5_Years_Dead
Banned
359 IQ
Try shaving off the pimples. See how that works for ya and let us know.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by 5_Years_Dead
Try shaving off the pimples. See how that works for ya and let us know.

This is the worst idea ever. That just makes everything worse.
boreamor
^(^_^)^
751 IQ
Use hot water, I mean hot, and splash your face with it until your facial hair goes soft. Then use a razor to shave it towards the jaw line. Afterwards (what I usually do) is scrub my face with soap due to the pores being open and then use a moisturiser. May not be manly, but girls love it.
Linkerman
UG's Tony Stark
6,720 IQ
Quote by SISO
Buy a beard trimmer. It's the best you can use if your skin can't stand razors. You can sport that two-day old beard look that most girls seem to love.

This.

Even though my skin doesn't get irritated when i shave completely once in a while (with an electric shaver), i usually just use an electric trimmer to get the two-day old beard.
Most girls really love it. It gives you a manly look, but also looks clean and shows that you take care of yourself.

These men know what i'm talking about:

Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
metalblaster
UG Newbie
494 IQ
Quote by doomded
Its called folliculitis, IIRC and I get it when I actually shave as well.

So I just got a trimmer and use that instead. The only big difference is now I always have 5-o'clock shadow.

That's the real trick honestly. Having a slight stubble, is just perfect. I hate having that baby smooth feeling, my face just doesn't feel right, plus it gets greasy really fast.

Having a nicely trimmed beard is ****ing awesome though. When I can, I just let it grow and it's awesome. I had me a lumberjack beard going on last summer, **** that was awesome.

I want to get a doctor's chit so I don't have to shave on course. I think I'm gonna purposely **** up my face like really bad with a razor and say I have folliculitis so I can get the golden ''must only shave at will/when personal comfort dictates'' doctor's note and grow a beard be a badass in the field. **** yar.
BeefWellington
UG's Tastiest Dish
262 IQ
Quote by naedauuf
It's brand new. Got it for xmas and used it twice so far.

It's a shaving rash. Rather common actually, if I recall correctly.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
mark.bark
Laugh often and sleep in
128 IQ
ive had this problem from i was 16 or so. The only way round it is to trim. And since cutting all my hair off, i just do my entire head and face with a no. 2 now
Colgate Total
I <3 drugs
2,211 IQ
Your body is telling you to wash the grease and dirt off of your face, you dirty ****ing hippie. The razor bumps are caused by bacteria.

Hygiene works, bro.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Zombee
UG Newbie
146 IQ
Don't shave against the grain, don't use an electric shaver, moisturize afterward, shave more frequently.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
metaldud536
Multiple trick donkey
954 IQ
razor bumps are your hair follicles growing inwards caused by improper shaving techniques or methods.

I had them for a while and it was awful. I caused mine by using an old blade. So I got some new ones. Problem mostly solved.