OfCourseNot
There's your answer
580 IQ
I'm thinking about doing some investments soon. I don't know what, bonds, stocks, whatever, but I'll talk to my financial adviser soon and figure it out.

Have you invested in any stocks or other investments?
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
Zombee
UG Newbie
146 IQ
The last time I was in the stock market was about the time the Palm Pre came out on sprint. I told my dad that if I could invest in that now(about 3 mo prior to release), I'd make a boat load. Well, they came out, Sprint's stock tripled and Palm's Pentupled(5x). I was like, "See dad? You should've let me invest!" So he invested for me, right about as they returned to their normal levels and I lost hundreds.

I took my remaining money and placed it in activision-blizzard before COD came out. The game made $50million, but A-B lost about $0.70 per stock. I bid the stock market adue and now have my small starving savings in a CD, like a smart man.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
SilentOverseer
Overseer of Vault 101
149 IQ
Well bonds are typically seen as the safest form of investment. You put money in, make maybe 3-7% interest depending on the bond. Not crazy money, but its something if you got cash laying around doing nothing. You need lots of money to make lots of money....The game is rigged.
We are Eternal, All this Pain is just Illusion
KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
Banned
664 IQ
I thought about doing this around 3 years ago, I would have only been able to put in around £500 which means I'd only even have, like, approx £1200 by now if I was good at it. But that's a wild estimate but I still wish I started when I wanted to.
ErnestoFidel
359 IQ
Financial issues must be among top 5 things not to ask for advice in on an online guitar forum.

OT: I never had enough money to seriously invest in anything. But even if I had the money I would always keep it safe and go for security instead of profit.
This is not a signature
So-Cal
Banned
264 IQ
Quote by Tsar66
OfCourseNot

obligatory and entirely accurate
BuckinFuffalo
125 IQ
I've never actually invested, but I've played around on a lot of different simulators that use the real time prices. Through these I've learned that futures are a great way at making a bit of money, and making them fast, provided you don't make blind investments. If you don't look into the futures that you will buy, you can easily lose more money than you imagined possible, but if you look into stuff a bit they can make you money. (Well, this has worked for me a lot, but I'm not a pro or anything either).
metalblaster
UG Newbie
494 IQ
I've got stocks. On one occasion I did very good profit-wise. Currently mine aren't doing too bad, they're long term so it's hard to judge.

I'm thinking of buying some 5 or 10 year bonds sometimes soon.
MinterMan22
only smells
763 IQ
Quote by Tsar66
OfCourseNot

beauty

never gets old
..::fat
lard::..
Philip_pepper
Banned
4,955 IQ
Quote by OfCourseNot
I'm thinking about doing some investments soon. I don't know what, bonds, stocks, whatever, but I'll talk to my financial adviser soon and figure it out.

Have you invested in any stocks or other investments?

PropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyPropertyProperty

As Stewie says, "It's good to have land".
Nickpocalypse
Thread Killer
361 IQ
I have, and I've done quite well. But I don't do it very often, and I feel like if I started to do it more I'd probably lose a ton. I just get into things that I'm interested in, was quite successful with RIM recently.
zackk
608 IQ
It depends on how much money you have, really. Speculation can help you or hurt you. Right now, Apple stocks are the lowest that they have been in a while and I think they will bounce up again. You may be able to make a quick dollar on that, but they are still expensive as far as stocks go.(something like 442 usd) Be sure to talk to your financial adviser before investing if you don't know what you are doing.
Nickpocalypse
Thread Killer
361 IQ
Quote by zackk
It depends on how much money you have, really. Speculation can help you or hurt you. Right now, Apple stocks are the lowest that they have been in a while and I think they will bounce up again. You may be able to make a quick dollar on that, but they are still expensive as far as stocks go.(something like 442 usd) Be sure to talk to your financial adviser before investing if you don't know what you are doing.

I always prefer cheap stocks to huge ones like that. I get the idea that "it's the percentage it moves, not the size of the stock", but the smaller ones always have larger ups or downs, percentage wise. Obviously, they're more speculative, but I'm in a position where that interests me more. Can't imagine buying one of those stocks, or Google, at like $700/share.
AxeToFall
Dazed Glonuts
30 IQ
A few years ago I was day-trading OTC & pink sheet stocks. It was alot of fun, but very stressful. The pink sheets are crazy; stocks that sell as low as $.0001 a share, stocks that are constantly getting pumped-and-dumped (go up 50%-500% in a day, then fall just as hard), and companies disappear just as fast as they appear. Would make a couple grand one week, then lose it the next.

The pink sheets are not for the faint of heart, but can be pretty lucrative with only a couple hundred dollars invested. If you're going to be investing in Blue Chips, your gains aren't going to be shit unless you're investing AT LEAST a few grand.
Last edited by AxeToFall at Feb 4, 2013,
doomded
I aint your buddy go away
77 IQ
I have not technically invested, but I do have money in my name that was invested (for my college fund) in Coca-Cola.

I just wish I actually know how much they invested. I have looked up a couple different stock calculators and if they invested $10,000 (a number my grandparents could have easily come up with) in Coca-Cola on the day I was born it would be worth about $135,000 now.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Weaponized
1,756 IQ
Man I wish I could go back in time and not be a kid when the internet and computers became a thing. Those stocks man, maaaaan.
Sir-Shredalot
Banned
3,918 IQ
lol at UG stock advice.

I was a financial adviser for some time. Most people think the right thing to do is go straight to having high risk investments without any financial stability. The majority of investors I felt with for 5 years didn't have a clue what they were doing.

If you are getting even fixed interest investment returns at 3percent...inflation in the UK is above that so you are still losing money!
guitarxo
cat
1,647 IQ
Does neopets count?

I'm interested in property though. As soon as I have enough $ I'm going to start investing in that because it's a fairly safe and profitable market here - there are price controls and tighter regulations now but in general, valuations aren't going to decrease anytime soon because of a projected 2 mil population increase which I think is ****ing crazy, but anyway people will need places to live and there is very limited space. So property ftw.
cat
Cb4rabid
K♦️
2,628 IQ
Investments is physical capital that a company buys, stupid.

/macro student
pinga
macashmack
Maskcashmack
3,359 IQ
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
I hear there's always money in the banana stand.

This guy knows how to make money.
$250,000 dollars lining the walls of the banana stand.