No, but various brands of "hex-core" strings have been on the market for years... This would likely be just a variation.
The idea sounds good... By making the core wire hexagonal or octagonal, there are little "corners" for the wrapping to bite into.
That's what the advertising copy shows.
However.... Will that really make any substantial difference? I mean, we don't normally see wrapping wire come loose anyway, right? It's the "mass" of the string and wrapping that makes it work... As long as the wrap is good I doubt the shape of the core wire will make any substantive difference.
If you think about it, a hexagon has sharper points than an octagon. So, the hex core should dig into the wrap more than the octagonal core. Jus'sayin'. (Material composition being equal, obviously).
Quote by OctacoreStrings
OctacoreStrings I just received a warning about advertising to this forum. I am simply looking for professional feedback. No sales pitch.

Professional feedback is generally fine, but I can't abide by a user, representing a brand, who seemingly joins with the name of that brand and whose first post has the purpose of advertising that brand and website. That comes across as unprofessional and a bit subversive, honestly.

That's not how we do business here. You can of course be a representative of the business and conduct yourself professionally here in order to get feedback, but more or less spamming the website (despite the discount code) is not acceptable.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Captaincranky
If you think about it, a hexagon has sharper points than an octagon. So, the hex core should dig into the wrap more than the octagonal core. Jus'sayin'. (Material composition being equal, obviously).

It's a bit like having razors with 4 blades. Silly kid's stuff.
My suggestion before you trash a product is try it, If you like it maybe you might change your way of thinking. Maybe , maybe not. Having 8 sides that are gentler may provide a sound you may or may not like. I think it would be more of a round core sound which some do like. My suggestion is try it and see, dont go by what anyone says or does here or any forum, just like any message board that anyone can hide behind, it may be someone who has an interest in seeing only one brand be your pick, theres plenty of strings to choose from, but only a few companies that want to be the only choice. Big string companies like the idea of having only a few choices. Try them or not, but dont trash competition. 
I've never used octacore but do frequently use newtone strings which have had a round core.  Round core strings last a lot longer than hex core strings .How they sound depends on the mix of metals used but generally round core strings are a touch livelier in the midrange while hex strings tend have a livelier top end.  At least that how they sound to my ear...  Logic would suggest that a string wound with an octa core would sound and perform somewhere between normal ,hex core, strings and round ones but I don't know from personal experience.
Not taking any online orders.