Page 1 of 3
guy_tebache
is not a duck
857 IQ
Hey Pit

So I just went to the movies with a couple of friends, one of whom is a girl I'm vaguely interested in dating. The only reason I havent asked her out yet is because I'm waiting to find out from a friend if he is already after her. He's not a close friend, but he's just come out of a messy divorce and I dont want to get in his way if its something he needs.

What are your thoughts? Hit on her anyway, or be the gentleman?
chookiecookie
Just keep smiling
203 IQ
Stealing a girl is a gigantic dick move.

Only do it if you're one of the lowest life forms to ever exist. Bros before hoes.

no offence
ayy lmao
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,245 IQ
Hit on her. Friends are for chumps.
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 5, 2013,
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,130 IQ
This is not really something you should ask the internet because we don't really know you or your friend and therefore we can't really give good advice for your particular situation. Actually, even if we knew you in real life relationship advice is still kind of pointless because every situation is different.

That being said, the only advice I can give is to... I don't know... ask your friend if he is interested in that girl?
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please.
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Be a nice guy, but if he takes forever to make a move then she's fair game.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!
374 IQ
Just hit her

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Gantz92
108 IQ
If you're only vaguely interested it doesn't seem like it's worth possibly upsetting the guy.
guy_tebache
is not a duck
857 IQ
Quote by theogonia777

That being said, the only advice I can give is to... I don't know... ask your friend if he is interested in that girl?

Oh that I will, and I dont expect to gain any serious insight into this from the Pit. I just wanted the pit to help me mull it over really.

I suppose I'm really just trying to incite discussion on the topic.
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
Do you like her? Does she like you? I don't even see why your friend would want a girl who's interested in his friend.

She's an adult and can take her own decisions. I assume. So meeeh.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.
982 IQ
Obviously ultimately it's down to who she actually likes, she's not just someone you can either choose to have or leave to your friend, BUT also obviously it's best to hold off trying if you think it'll upset your friend.
guy_tebache
is not a duck
857 IQ
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Do you like her? Does she like you?

**** I dont know. I'm asking her out, not asking her to marry me.
She seems pretty cool. that seems worthy of a date.
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
Quote by guy_tebache

If it's just a spur of the moment thing I'd advice against it if you don't wanna make it sour with your friend.

Does he like her a lot?

Is it worth it for you?
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.
982 IQ
Quote by guy_tebache

I still think whether you like each other is pretty important if you're asking someone out...

If she doesn't like you then this whole problem is moot, and if she doesn't like your friend then really you're not treading on his toes anyway as he doesn't have a chance. If she does like you and not your friend, then respect his feelings but really you're not actually harming his chances anyway.
tyler_j
^ The **** who tyler_j is
3,409 IQ
I was once in the situation where my friend and I both liked the same girl, but when I found out he was after, I decided to step aside, after hearing from him that he'd do the same. That way none of us would have to worry about her and we'd both be..alone.

Anyway, a month later, she tells me they've been going out for 2 months.

Don't be a gentlemen. Crush your friend's pansy face into the ground.
Mr.-Bungle
Mr. Bungle
242 IQ
Just ask her out, it'll be her choice in the end either way. Don't miss out on the (ass) love bruv
whoomit
1,492 IQ
Quote by chookiecookie

Only do it if you're one of the lowest life forms to ever exist. Bros before hoes.

no offence

CrazyMatt
UG's Mr.Hyde
16 IQ
gah.. shoot some H, look deeply into her eyes and emrace eternity!

Nah I ain't serious.. at least i think so
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
cptcomet
Band
648 IQ
I've stepped aside for my friends and whats morally right all my life and i'm miserable, so i'd say go for it.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
TooktheAtrain
Banned
184 IQ
Quote by chookiecookie

no offence

the ****? are you saying just because a friend is interested, they have some sort of special right to the woman in question?

Not only is that vaguely sexist, but it's pretty arbitrary as well. It would only be a dick move if they are already in a relationship.
BeefWellington
UG's Tastiest Dish
262 IQ
Don't be a cunt.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
macashmack
Maskcashmack
3,359 IQ
You guys are grown men. Im sure you can work something out together if you talk about it. In the end, let your friend go for it and if it doesn't work out you go in the the kill.
macashmack
Maskcashmack
3,359 IQ
Quote by TooktheAtrain
the ****? are you saying just because a friend is interested, they have some sort of special right to the woman in question?

Not only is that vaguely sexist, but it's pretty arbitrary as well. It would only be a dick move if they are already in a relationship.

Girls think like that all the time. It's kinda weird
Dregen
-
2,365 IQ
if she's not with either of you then it's fair game. and this is coming from the loser of these situations.
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
First step would be to inform yourself if she's even interested in either of you. If not... well. There you have it.
ErnestoFidel
359 IQ
Quote by MadClownDisease
Who on earth needed a website to flip a coin? Is it really so difficult in real life?

Seriously, right? You won't believe what kind of websites there are. There is even one that tells you whether it's Christmas or not. Just says yes or no.
This is not a signature
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Dont ever **** with another mans girl. Yeah she may not be his girlfriend, but if hes romantically interested in her back off.

Just a personal life rule that I keep.

Edit: to clarify I only keep that rule with friends however, and the girl also has to show some kind of attraction.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Feb 5, 2013,
thePTOD
UG Fanatic
2,585 IQ
Tag team her obviously.

But no really, ask your friend if he has plans to date her. If not, great. If he does, make it a romantic comedy-esque competition.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
TooktheAtrain
Banned
184 IQ
Quote by angusfan16
Dont ever **** with another mans girl. Yeah she may not be his girlfriend, but if hes romantically interested in her back off.

Just a personal life rule that I keep.

Edit: to clarify I only keep that rule with friends however, and the girl also has to show some kind of attraction.

Do they extend the same courtesy to you? Seems like a bit of a loser's rule, since you're handicapping yourself unnecessarily.

What I don't get is that if they were playing by the same rules as you, it'd cancel out and neither of you would have a shot.
Ometh
UG Addict
3,911 IQ
I lost my two best friends due to something like this. Don't be a dick TS.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Quote by TooktheAtrain
Do they extend the same courtesy to you? Seems like a bit of a loser's rule, since you're handicapping yourself unnecessarily.

What I don't get is that if they were playing by the same rules as you, it'd cancel out and neither of you would have a shot.

I would expect them too. Its just common courtesy. And how Is it handicapping myself? Ive dated/had a fling/flirted with plenty of women and ive never felt like having a rule like that has made me handicapped.
Sail upon the open skies
TooktheAtrain
Banned
184 IQ
I don't know, I've been on both sides. First time, one of my friends made a move and it made me realise it had been waiting far too long and needed to grow a pair. It did hurt a bit but that was my problem. Second time, I didn't hesitate and it worked, at least for a while.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by chookiecookie

no offence

I feel like this kind of sentiment belongs in middle school and among immature frat boys...

OT:
I'd say, talk to your friend. Let him know that you like this woman. Say that you're asking her out. Hear his side. Then, make a decision.
chookiecookie
Just keep smiling
203 IQ
Quote by TooktheAtrain

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I feel like this kind of sentiment belongs in middle school and among immature frat boys...

If a friend is interested in a female and has expressed that to you, it's kind of, you know, shitty to make an advance towards her.

I'm sure if you fell for someone, expressed it to a friend, then found out that he (or she) started fucking that person after you told them, you'd be a little upset.
ayy lmao