Page 2 of 3
Quote by chookiecookie
If a friend is interested in a female and has expressed that to you, it's kind of, you know, shitty to make an advance towards her.

I'm sure if you fell for someone, expressed it to a friend, then found out that he (or she) started fucking that person after you told them, you'd be a little upset.

Or your friend could be an adult and realize that "you snooze, you lose".
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Or your friend could be an adult and realize that "you snooze, you lose".

Do you think you'd react in a negative manner if I were to make an advance on someone you've clearly expressed romantic interest in?

Quote by moody git
if you have to ask, don't do it.

Also this.
ayy lmao
Last edited by chookiecookie at Feb 5, 2013,
Quote by chookiecookie
Do you think you'd react in a negative manner if I were to make an advance on someone you've clearly expressed romantic interest in?

Probably. But I'd also get over it. Because the adult thing to do is to realize that 1) she never was mine in the first place, if we weren't dating AND 2) that, if the girl went out with you, maybe she likes you more anyway.

It'd be one thing if TS was hitting on his buddy's girlfriend; that'd be a dick move. However, his buddy isn't dating this woman. If she accepts his invitation to go out, then maybe she actually likes TS. Or maybe she just wants to go out and have a good time. It's asking her out, not marrying her.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Probably. But I'd also get over it. Because the adult thing to do is to realize that 1) she never was mine in the first place, if we weren't dating AND 2) that, if the girl went out with you, maybe she likes you more anyway.

It'd be one thing if TS was hitting on his buddy's girlfriend; that'd be a dick move. However, his buddy isn't dating this woman. If she accepts his invitation to go out, then maybe she actually likes TS. Or maybe she just wants to go out and have a good time. It's asking her out, not marrying her.

Asking someone to go have a fun evening with you can definitely influence their decision. She might be indifferent towards both, in which case they both have an equal chance to change that.

But, since ts did not express this first, it would only be right for him to let his friend make the first move.

If he fails hard, then he can have his go
ayy lmao
Quote by chookiecookie

Also this.

you're not lostlegion
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
you're not lostlegion

We've (sort of) come to an understanding involving our avatars....

not really

I think I stole it from him in the share your avatars thread

Or something like that. A quick search and I couldn't find said thread
ayy lmao
Last edited by chookiecookie at Feb 5, 2013,
Quote by chookiecookie
But, since ts did not express this first, it would only be right for him to let his friend make the first move.
Actually, if I'm reading it right, TS just suspects that his buddy likes this woman. So, step 1, ask buddy, "Do you like (insert woman's name)?" Step 2, "Look, I like her too."
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Actually, if I'm reading it right, TS just suspects that his buddy likes this woman. So, step 1, ask buddy, "Do you like (insert woman's name)?" Step 2, "Look, I like her too."

This is pretty much the best way to go about it. What do you have to lose by taking this method?

I've been the "stealer" once, and I regret it bigtime. Don't Do What Donny Don't Does.
No, you're a bad friend if you do.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by chookiecookie
Stealing a girl is a gigantic dick move.

Only do it if you're one of the lowest life forms to ever exist. Bros before hoes.

no offence

How so, if she likes him more than his friend?
She's not his property just because he likes her. If she's keen on TS and vice versa, why should nobody be in a relationship just because the friend isn't?
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Hmm, it depends entirely on what's actually up between them, and what your friendship is like. From my experience, bad shit happens in those sorts of circumstances. Recently, a person we're kind of friends with (he's one of my dealers and used to try to sleep with me, even after I friendzoned him) dropped his cigarette butt in my friend's (whom I slept with) empty teacup and said "That's for ****ing ______ (my name)." to his brother. Like, chill dude, that was in June or something, and you didn't have a chance anyway. Point is, some people will still be very upset with you. Be careful.
Update: I sent him an aggressive message asking "Dude, are you going to make a move on Abby? Because if you dont do it soon I will "

I figure either it opens the door for me, or gives him the kick up the arse he needs.
Quote by kraftmacaroni
The dominant strategy is to go for her. Game theory bruh.

Actually, I'm pretty sure games theory would suggest that I look elsewhere seeing as it provides a greater chance of success.

EDIT: sorry about the double post
Quote by guy_tebache
Update: I sent him an aggressive message asking "Dude, are you going to make a move on Abby? Because if you dont do it soon I will "

I figure either it opens the door for me, or gives him the kick up the arse he needs.

GOOD! You get it.

Well done!

Quote by bloodtrocuted93
Point is, some people will still be very upset with you. Be careful.

Those kind of people are the people you should sever from your life. No one has time for immature jerks.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Feb 5, 2013,
Did this In college. He was talking to a girl that was about to break up with her boyfri end. So I got her number and asked her to hang out. Long story short, I banged her that night on a futon behind our math building. She ended up dating the other guy, and me and him became best friends and room mates. You never know what willhappen.
Quote by DeadlyIllness
I believe that it's called capitalism. A beautiful system if maintained properly.

lolno
Quote by chookiecookie

No.

Because it's not like you would have a shot anyway...

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Feb 22, 2013,
No, don't do it my friend. Don't do it at all, it isn't right. I know it sounds like im whining because it happened to me before, but thats only because it did.

It will lead to the two of them getting dis-attached (if you charm her in anyway)

girls are just as bad as guys, if you put something in front of them that they want, usually they will go for it out of selfishness.

Just think about it.

your friend is gonna hate you, and im assuming he wont have the capacity to teach you a lesson because your already asshole enough to flirt with his chick, so hes probably "beta"

its sad man, really. there are enough assholes tryin to steal girlfriends in highschool, when it happens from a friend, it damages your trust and fills you with resentment that cannot be directed anywheres because its a situation where you have to say "well **** her shes a slut and **** him" when deep down.. dammit i think my jimmies have been rustled all to ****. my bad.

TL;DR my billies were jumbled, dont make your friend dream about bashing your face while asking you why you did it

oh, and the guy that ****ed my girlfriend (my best ****in frien at the time), hes with a girl right now that use to have a crush on me back in highschool... she sucked my dick in the bar bathroom half a month ago, and she has been trying to message me on MSN and Skype once a day since then

TL;DR again: what goes around comes around. and there is always someone watching.
a friend did this to me a couple of years ago.

since then he's no longer a friend. (and his nose still slightly bends to the left since that day). you can try but if it doesn't work out you will be one friend down and no girlfriend either . if it does it's only a matter of time before she leaves you, and again you will have neither.

my 2 cents
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Last edited by vince1991 at Feb 22, 2013,
Quote by vince1991
a friend did this to me a couple of years ago.

since then he's no longer a friend. (and his nose still slightly bends to the left since that day). you can try but if it doesn't work out you will be one friend down and no girlfriend either . if it does it's only a matter of time before she leaves you, and again you will have neither.

my 2 cents

the man is right. and examine the relationship. if she acts like she is happy around him and acts like he is the only one for her etc. then turns around and flirts with you, she is a little thing called a Narcissist (spelling?)

and that is reason enough to not even bother. only thing that will happen is she will trade him for you, then trade you for someone else when she finds something more interesting.
Quote by MadClownDisease
You bumped for that?

was it a bad bump? how long had it been?

totally worth it
it really depends on how hard the woman/girl wants you. When she's all over you i wouldn't ignore her but if she's only a vague friend that you flirted with on ocasions, i certainly wouldn't do it. as stated before you'll lose both if it turns out to be nothing
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
was it a bad bump? how long had it been?

totally worth it

Haha it's not as long as it felt admittedly. I must come here too much...
Quote by chookiecookie
Stealing a girl is a gigantic dick move.

>implying women are property
i don't know why i feel so dry
Don't do it.

Quote by Todd Hart
So 'crunk and 'gandhi are already pussy-whipped, impressive.

Quote by Burgery
you just think they're being mean to you because you have fragile girl feelings
Quote by Eastwinn
>implying women are property

oh be quiet. no it doesn't
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by magnus_maximus
How can you steal something which doesn't belong to anyone?

I think he meant it as stealing his chance at asking the girl out

I dunno, that's how I interpreted it
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
I think he meant it as stealing his chance at asking the girl out

If he never asks first, he really CANNOT complain. It's his own fault for snoozing.

Edit:
I mean it's the friend's fault. He shouldn't be an indecisive li'l bitch.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
If he never asks first, he really CANNOT complain. It's his own fault for snoozing.

Edit:
I mean it's the friend's fault. He shouldn't be an indecisive li'l bitch.

I wasn't commenting on that

Also, if the friend was expressing interest it is kind of a dick move.

Though in TS's case, it doesn't sound like the friend really cares tbh
___

Quote by The_Blode
if you dont like her that much and he does just gotta sorta do nothing
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

OT:
I'd say, talk to your friend. Let him know that you like this woman. Say that you're asking her out. Hear his side. Then, make a decision.

This. If he really likes her, and you are only vaguely interested, it would be a dick move to just go right in for it.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Philip_pepper
No man.

Plenty of bitches in the dog house. Going after a friend's chick is a bit beta.

It wouldn't be Alpha? I mean you are asserting dominance over everyone
Quote by macashmack
It wouldn't be Alpha? I mean you are asserting dominance over everyone

If you have to ask, you'll never know...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin